TAP Flights London to Sao Vicente

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum TAP Flights London to Sao Vicente

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  stevec 8 years, 5 months ago.

  • Post

    Tap are having a laugh Lis – Vxe ( San Pedro) 600 euro and up! Locals on Asemana say it should be 300 for this distance!
    Priced Sept. at 1700 e for two – no chance have 3 of us to Florida(july) for that direct from Belfast.
    TAP and TACV are in bed together[:(!]

    quote:


    Originally posted by stevec

    It looks as though you can “nearly” fly direct from London to Sao Vicente just changing planes at Lisbon – flight times are good too leaving Heathrow at 11.50am. However the prices are coming up as a joke – about £1500.00 on the day I looked 150711 (they operate Tuesay and Fridays direct from Lisobon starting July). But from Lisbon to Sao Vicente the price is about £650 – still too expensive but it means they are charging about £850 from London to Lisbon so there must be something wrong with their website. Hopefully this price will come down


Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    stevec
    Member

    It looks as though you can “nearly” fly direct from London to Sao Vicente just changing planes at Lisbon – flight times are good too leaving Heathrow at 11.50am. However the prices are coming up as a joke – about £1500.00 on the day I looked 150711 (they operate Tuesay and Fridays direct from Lisobon starting July). But from Lisbon to Sao Vicente the price is about £650 – still too expensive but it means they are charging about £850 from London to Lisbon so there must be something wrong with their website. Hopefully this price will come down

    stevec
    Member

    TAP are now selling flights from London to Sao Vicente for £456. (starting July). Still needs to be about £100 cheaper in my opinion. There is a short stopover in Lisbon. Outward flights are great – Heathrow 11.50am Sao Vicente 18.00. But return flight is rubbish – there is a long layover which will mean we will still go via Sal and Thompson

    Just checked some dates- eg. 6th-20th jan and compared London / Mindelo to Lisbon / Mindelo. Get this £456 from London and £520 from Lisbon these carriers amaze me[:(]
    Agreed £100 less and if they removed the stop over it would be spot on – even for me in N.I.[8D]

    quote:


    Originally posted by stevec

    TAP are now selling flights from London to Sao Vicente for £456. (starting July). Still needs to be about £100 cheaper in my opinion. There is a short stopover in Lisbon. Outward flights are great – Heathrow 11.50am Sao Vicente 18.00. But return flight is rubbish – there is a long layover which will mean we will still go via Sal and Thompson


    billyboy
    Member

    Check this out,most be the flights mri promised

    stevec
    Member

    quote:


    Originally posted by billyboy

    Check this out,most be the flights mri promised
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM&feature=player_embedded


    Ah Billyboy I really hope you get them one day

    stevec
    Member

    Its looking even better , no early morning rising – un-rushed trip to be at Heathrow for departure at 11.50am – in Sao Vicente having a gin and tonic in Mindelo by tea-time. Just found the following flight on TAP in August

    Heathrow 11.50 – Lisbon 14.30
    Lisobon 15.55 – Sao Vicente 18.00

    Sao Vicente 11.45 Lisbon 17.35
    Lisbon 18.40 London Heathrwo 21.25

    Bad news is they are TACV though. Still I am not complaining although their prices are still not the £456 as advertised

    stevec
    Member

    At last – not too bad prices (still could be better) and good flight times for flights London to Sao Vicente by TAP Portugal

    EG 9 SEP London – Lisbon 1150 1430
    Lisbn Sao Vicente 1540 1745

    20 SEP Sao Vicente Lisbon 1100 1655
    Lisbon London 1840 2125

    GBP 509

    Are flight times advertised at local times or UK times ? 2 hours from Lisbon to Cape Verde does not seem correct ?

    Hi Steve,

    Times are local so 2 hrs going down + 2 hrs time difference!

    Tap prices are crap but lisbon is still best flight for me! Why would the charge more from Lisbon to Mindelo than from London[:(!]
    So it will cost us 700 euro and two over nights in Lisbon as Air lingus changed out going to PM !
    See they (crap) do London – Miami for £451 ( 8hrs )[:D]

    quote:


    Originally posted by stevec

    At last – not too bad prices (still could be better) and good flight times for flights London to Sao Vicente by TAP Portugal

    EG 9 SEP London – Lisbon 1150 1430
    Lisbn Sao Vicente 1540 1745

    20 SEP Sao Vicente Lisbon 1100 1655
    Lisbon London 1840 2125

    GBP 509

    Are flight times advertised at local times or UK times ? 2 hours from Lisbon to Cape Verde does not seem correct ?


    paul

    stevec
    Member

    Paul Can you not get a cheap flight to LOndon ? At least then you wouldnt have hotel costs. Also did you check Lisbon to Mindelo in September as it goes down then.

    Hi Steve,
    I think that I would be back in London too late to get a flight back to NI.
    getting into london at 10.30/11.00 for a room does not appeal.
    Also its 3 flight each way for us!
    I am looking to go to Mindelo next Febuary and have got a plan based on a 14 day trip that would give us 10 days in CV and a weekend in Lisbon.
    It seem that you can get Tap flights Tues and Fri. If I try to do one ways mixing TACV/TAP prices nearly doubles.
    Its so sad that Tap is exploiting passengers on this route.

    quote:


    Originally posted by stevec

    Paul Can you not get a cheap flight to LOndon ? At least then you wouldnt have hotel costs. Also did you check Lisbon to Mindelo in September as it goes down then.


    paul

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.