Rui Garopa

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tomsha45 14 years, 7 months ago.

Hi Tom

We went to the Rui last year and found it excellent. The food was varied and of good quality.All the facilities pool ,beach ,bar ,were good.Expect to do plenty of walking as the complex is huge.

We are going again 7th June, cant wait!

Regards

Steve

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    tomsha45

Hi, my wife and I are going to the Rui Garopa in Sal at the end of May, just wondered if anyone has been recently and what was their opinion.

emms

Hi we are going to the Riu Garopa at the beginning of June and can’t wait.

Did you go on any excursions when you were there- e.g fishing, salt lakes- are they worth it, cost? etc.

Any tips for when we go- is there a dress code for the evening in the restaurants?

mod

Hi

I stayed at the Riu last November and was very impressed. It has two big pool areas as well as a gym etc, not that I ever used it. Its right on the beach and has plenty of activities on the beach such as canoes, fishing, volley ball, also sun loungers and a beach bar. You can also hire quads if your a little more adventuress. I went on a day drip to the salt mines and the blue eye which included lunch, not badly priced but dont be expecting the same standard lunch as you get in the Riu.
    The dress code in the restaurant is pretty casual, you don’t need to dress up but wouldn’t look out of place if you did, just wear what your comfortable with. Any way have a great time!

MOD

mod

mod

Hi

Nearly forgot, if you go to the salt mines, make sure you wear some form of footwear that you can wear in the water. The salt underneath your feet is like walking on rough diamonds, don’t say I didn’t warn ya!

mod

edward

If you want to see the sights, it might be a good idea to go to an island of note. Sal is like Mars with a bit of salt thrown in for good measure. There is a natural rock swimming pool somewhere, it is about a 6 km walk from the nearest road, take some water.

Do not forget a romantic surprise for your partner once you both get there. May I suggest African shell beads and a copy of Max Power magazine followed by your imagination?

Cape Verde Property Protection and Security Services.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.