Next ripoff? High Electricity and Water bills?

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Sambala property owners Forum Next ripoff? High Electricity and Water bills?

This topic contains 59 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  astocks60 9 years, 2 months ago.

Hi All,
    Sorry I forget to post the high cleaning fees???

Cleaning services 5.713 What cleaning fluids are they using?? Do the cleaning fluids continue gold or diamonds? They must do at these prices?

Another ripoff?

Wages cost are very low. Dominic at least told me the truth Sambala would make lots of money on the resort fees?

I for once will agree with you on this Dominic?

Tony

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Replies
    astocks60

Hi All,
    I’ve just received a reply from Piran trying to justify the ripoff resort fees?
    Before Sherpy, the Sambala defender jumps to defend Sambala. These figures are provide by Piran and I can even email you the original files?

I was wondering how Sambala came up with the high resort fees.

KK. Normally Sambala operate by a screw the customer/ ripoff factor. For example what you would consider a honest figure. Like the original furniture packs quoted at 8000 euros only for the unfornate investors to end up paying almost three time this figure?

Look before at the figure copied from the spend sheet for cleaning services of 5.713 euros?

Light 4.444 ?????? Are the light left on 24/7?? or is the Electricity costs sky high???

Water rates 5.260 ??? Is the water gold plated???

I’ve only selected the three highest charges?

From this I expect the next shock for us unfortunate investors in this nightmare will be high Electricity and Water bills?

Welcome to ripoff world operated and run by Scambala????

Tony

#REF!

BUDGET FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2011
    INCOME AND EXPENDITURE ACCOUNT
    € €
    TURNOVER
    Communal charge – Apartments 23.761
    Communal charge – Shops, offices and stores 2.268

EXPENDITURE
    Gardening services 1.553
    Refuse services 752
    Cleaning services 5.713
    Light 4.444
    Water rates 5.260
    Repairs and maintenance 1.212
    Accountancy fees 2.800
    Management fees 2.550
    Bank charges 96
    Other 480
    Depreciation 616

SURPLUS ON ORDINARY ACTIVITIES 553

Transfer to the Common Reserve 0

RETAINED SURPLUS CARRIED FORWARD 553

BALANCE SHEET
    € €
    FIXED ASSETS
    Tangible fixed assets 0

CURRENT ASSETS
    Debtors 0
    Bank and cash 0

Total current assets 0
    CREDITORS
    Amounts falling due within one year 0

NET CURRENT ASSETS 0

TOTAL ASSETS LESS CURRENT LIABILITIES 0

CAPITAL AND RESERVES
    Called up share capital 0
    General reserve 0
    Common reserve 553

FUND 553

sherpy

Tony.
    You will have to expand on these figures.
    Is this per apartment block or for all 9 apartment blocks
    If its just Block I, how many apartments are there, so the costs can be divided
    Thank you

astocks60

Hi Sherpy,
    The figures provide by Piran at Sambala and are for A Block.

Tony

sherpy

Tony.
    I do not know whether there are 38 or 48 apartments in Block A. I think its 48, as its level.
    Using simple arithmetic to work out the yearly charge
    Electricity standing charge 5260pa is 138 euros if 38apt and 109 if 48apts
    Water standing charge 4444 is 116 euros if 38apt and 92euros if 48 apts
    Cleaning 5713 is 150 euros if 38 apts and 119 if 48apts.
    About £11 per month each.

astocks60

Hi Sherpy,
    Which ever way you twist this? The resort fees are still a complete ripoff at 1500 euros for a very small 65 m2 ground floor apartment? Sambala must love customers like you that agree with every thing they do and say without questioning? I hope that it all works out for you Sherpy?

Tony

sherpy

Tony.
    You provide the figures under the banner THE NEXT RIP OFF.
    I done a simple calculation and said its about a tenner a month.
    What is the problem with that? I have not twisted anything.
    You were the one who put it on the forum. You were the one that let us see the BIG number, without dividing it up. It does look a lot before you do that, and it has taken the sting out of your claim of rip off?

What do you pay in the UK for a standing charge to BT
    What do you pay in the UK for a standing charge for electricity.
    What do you pay in the UK for a standing charge for gas.
    What do you pay in the UK for the water standing charge

You asked me why I am on the forum and defending Sambala. I am not, but when people put frightening banners onto forums, then if there is another side to it (divide by 38 or 48 apts)which stops it being such a frightening claim, then yes, I will highlight it. Thats not twisting the facts, thats giving the FULL facts

astocks60

Hi Sherpy,
    What’s wrong have I upset you? For your information I don’t live in the UK? I live in Brazil and Mexico. Mexico and Brazil are considered developing countries? I would list Cape Verde under Africa and being a third world country? Do you agree will this? Therefore I would expect to pay third world prices not first world prices? I have worked in several overseas African countries such as Nigeria to name one?
    Now I can provide you information and bills and facts and figures for Mexico if you like. The UK I would consider currently to be a first world countries? Some might disagree?

Mexico

Telephone Bill standarding charge is 180 Peso’s = about 10 pounds.
    Electricity for the last quarter is 274 Peso’s = about 15 pounds. Note this bill is for the Electricity and standing charges.
    Gas. I have my own tank on the roof. No standard charge.
    Water and sewer = about 100 Pound per year
    Property taxes = 50 pounds per year.
    Condo fees for a large 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house of 136 m2 = 433 pounds.

There are true figures and not been multiplied by any Sambala ripoff multiplier. Lucky for me Scambala aren’t involved and this condo was built by an honest Mexicana developer who I would recommend. This complex was 4 weeks late and the Mexicana developer provided all the specifications and drawings and allowed and encourage regular site visits.

I can’t say the same about Sambala.

Tony

sherpy

No Tony. You have not upset me.
    Thanks for the info about the cost of living in Mexico.
    I would agree that CVis a 3rd World Country coming out.
    I would also think that core utilties are expensive to bring about, when just a mile or so from the village is no running water, no electricity and just basic infrastucture beyond.
    But WE ALL knew that when we bought into CV didn’t we?.

karlking

I think the point being made is “Why YOU always in Sambalas Favour defends any costs with examples of the Canaries, the UK and such. Never from a more comparable country, that would, in fact, show Sambalas fees are higher!

Of course you have no hidden agenda!

sherpy

You are correct KK. I have no hidden agenda.

crazydude

Absolutely Incredible…..I have been away for a week and come back to all this regurgitated unfounded nonsense from the Dirty Dozen. Do something more constructive and get facts to your chundering and then make everyone happy. Talking of happy, its the Royal Wedding tomorrow, any chance of you clowns celebrating the day by giving us 24 hours off from your reptitive self opinionated garbage. KK…I thought you had sold out and bought a castle, and were going to retire from postings and enjoy life with your other half….yet you have just set up 3 new threads…very strange

stog

Stirringdude
    Dom I thought you was on holiday!

crazydude

Cant think on your own Stog that you have to copy me….just like you copy everyone else…you should be called Peter Pan

stog

Cant think on your own Stog that you have to copy me….just like you copy everyone else…you should be called Peter Pan!
    Didnt want to disappoint! At least I can fly and wont have to worry about the non existant flights to CV!!!!!

Whats worrying is you!! you see me as a boy wearing tights!!!!

Weirdo dude!

crazydude

Weirdos….there are plenty of those on this site….I mean, you spend all day dribbling the same regurgitated stuff over and over….and you call me a weirdo

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.