Independent survey on legal footing

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Sambala property owners Forum Independent survey on legal footing

This topic contains 33 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  smiffy 9 years, 2 months ago.

Perhaps even a private forum for those that support and wish to take part in such an initiative as I dont see the point in partaking in all this name calling an fighting as it is distracting from the actual subject under discussion. If you dont agree with the need for a survey then fair enough, but why enter a topic about this subject if it doesnt concern you? Let those that wish to follow this course of action go ahead without hinderence and spend their own money as they see fit. What has it got to do with anyone else?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Replies
    smiffy

It is obvious that the talking on here and the other site regarding an independent survey is going nowhere.

Isn’t it time that those that want this independent survey, just got together and engaged one solicitor to send a letter and insist that access to sit eis allowed for the purpose of a survey being conducted. Surely, this is a pre-requisite to getting any more funds form concerned VDS buyers.

I am a village buyer and it does not directly effect me. I am not of a mind to stump up several hundred quid to get such a survey. However, if enough people contributed, I would be happy to contribute a smaller amount. This really is a matter for VDS buyers to band together and show a united front and actually get organised, instead of constantly going over the same old ground.

I am surprised more people arent questioning Sambala’s motives for being so uber obstructive regarding this survey. After all, if nothing to hide, why not just say “yes, by all means waste your money on a survey if you wish, we have nothing to hide”. Perhaps some of the extremely strong defenders of Sambalas practices would like to answer this question?

At the end of the day, I dont believe Sambala have any right to stop concerned buyers engaging an independent survey at their own expense. I am sure any legal representative will tell you this. If they ignore legal letters and obstruct further, then its a matter of publicising via the Cape Verde press and considering whether its worth continuing with the purchase and the inevitable legal processings to get your money back. After all, if they dont allow a survey comimissioned by the buyer of properties costing hundreds of thousands of euros, then how can anyone trust them?

Asking Sambala questions via a forum is pointless. They will only answer questions if it puts them in a good light or as a damage limitation exercise if criticism has got too hot for them.

karlking

My Solicitor was refused access to the site on the grounds there was no insurance on the site. It was his goal to take pictures of the Access. So they can and did refuse access. However, if you have a mortgage, it is a different story. You can contact them giving a brief outline of what is/has happened and you no longer require the mortgage unless an independent survey is carried out. I had no mortgage!

You also state “it does not affect you” I’d question that with that gapping crack in block A, along with other blocks so far not photographed!

Sambala took the stance that it had been professionally repaired! Look at the pictures and you will see they simply squirted some form of mastic in. If that is professionally repaired, I’d like to know what the work would be like if the odd job man fixed it, like so many other jobs he’s done. In reality, it does affect you, unless you are willing to take ownership of your property that could create defects as your seeing now. You can now see why Smabala are not allowing anyone on site to take pictures! I would not complete on Block A until an independent survey had been done.

Just my opinion, after all, it is your money.

smiffy

I believe that underpinning has taken place, so it isnt just a squirt of mastic. I agree however, that they have failed miserably in finishing of the repair, as to leave it for so long without filling it in and rendering over, is a joke and a terrible advert.

karlking

Smiffy, I’ll apologise in advance if I’m wrong here!

From my information, that is the result of the supposedly underpinning! The crack re-opened! You can see where the “mastic” has been pulled from one side and hangs on the other. That is the repair done! When this Fist happened, it was questioned how the underpinning took place as the ground beneath the crack was not disturbed. It was asked then who did the repair and if they were qualified in this field. However, smabala would not answer.

crazydude

KK….You are wrong here and you are making wild assumptions. Check your facts instead of relying on hearsay. You dont even know what block is where, and you make these wild claims Mr I Have My Own Agenda. It has been well documented regarding the status of the crack as you well know, and the Dirty Dozen point the finger at me for stirring. Ignore me at your pleasure. You sold out, what has any of this got to do with you.

stog

stirringdude

Same old, same old, take off subject, no substance!
    Mr I Have My Own Agenda=kettle and black(domboy!)

So what are the facts of the crack of doom?
    Its been well documented,
    so what is the well documented Dom, Mr independent Vaz again?
    Stirringdude give us some substance for a change(without having a pop at anyone) on this subject!

gringa

Smiffy get with the programme one minute you say this then you say that which is it? Block A if you have not personally seen it is a disgrace after all this time and whoever is the owner of A1 well you think you have problems what if you have this crack next door and a shell of an apartment……..is he better or worse off than the apartments *********** with the floor to ceiling damp who knows, time to get off the fence Smiffy boyoh

voyager

crazydude

Stog…off target with Dirty Dozen garbage as usual.

SUBSTANCE. Villa 1 steels being removed when they were not, Block C cracks that dont exist because the building isnt even built and that I am supposedly Pete Finnemore…and thats only recent garbage.

Gringa..Go onto the friendly site, do some homework and you will find out who the owner of Villa 1 is, then come back here and re read the postings about the steel on Villa 1. SUBSTANCE

Off beaching dudes Yipppeeeee, enjoy the weekend you PC sadooooos…Manyana

crazydude

Oh…Stog, with regards your comment on the Crack Of Doom

Stop looking at your bum in the mirror

karlking

Crazydood must be right. They fixed the crack in April last year, professionally too. It just opened up again because those that fixed it originally, were attending interviews for the New Builder for the Village.

New Handyman wanted; apply within, must have experience of repairing cracks, also know what under pinning means, in case your asked!

SAMBALA, YOU ARE A BLOODY DISSGRACE!!!!!

smiffy

Gringa

I am not fence sitting. If fence sitting as you put it is speaking the truth as I see it and putting things straight when people post misleading information, so be it. I’m sick of the people on here who for the sake of their own agenda, spin everything hyper negative or hyper positive. Why not just be bloody honest and you might get a bit more respect.

This is why I suggested an independent private forum or thread (its been done before), to formulate the proposed independent survey, because all discussions deteriorate into farce like this one is in danger of doing. Whats the point trying to put out a reasoned point of view with well considered thoughts with facts to back it up when so many on here want to either spout bile or think the sun shines out of Sambalas ass? I give up.

crazydude

KK….I thought you were ignoring me as you posted

You are so on your own agenda….continous regurgitated garbage

Surf was rubbish by the way

karlking

Well what is it then? Was the Crack repaired last April, or Not? You could ask sambala, that, and who it was that repaired it, and if they were experienced to repair it. However, like every important question, they avoid, like the plague!

I wissh someone would tell me my agenda here. All I’m doing is opening the eyes of the ones, for their own reasons, who don’t post or get involved. I honestly can see why they don’t get involved with the few that rely on just attacking people.

Smiffy, I think the point being raised with you is you think it’s up to the VS squad to sort the independent survey. It’s also the Village that needs a survey too. Or do you think it’s wise to complete without one? Either way, Sambala will have to use the funds from the VS phase to keep working on the village, something they say they are not doing!

Take a look on sambalas own site plan of the VS phase, and see how much space those Villas have behind them. Now look on All of the pictures taken of the VS phase and you will see there is nowhere near that amount of space. That is the reason some think they are just laying blocks (100) it’s a money grab and if their funds are spent elsewhere, where will the money come from to build their properties?

ulluvator

So they are just laying blocks anywhere for a money grab but will have to rip them up again costing more money because they didnt just lay them where they were upposed to be laid,even i would not be that thick ,i think you are living in cloud cookoo land,what would be the point,is it the same as the supposed pissed footings,i think you need your eyes testing and get off this site kk and get a life with all that money you got back from your supposed property.

[8D][8D][8D]

karlking

It seems the majority have been brainwashed, Ulluvator look on the pictures and see if there is enough room for a pool and garden and boundary wall. Simple as! Then you will see who needs their eyes testing. Unless Sambala have changed the specs to a blow up kids pool? Who’s the surveyor on site?

You’ll look back Ulluvator and say “He was right, and only posting to try and save our money” Developers are getting away with murder here, sambala are at the top of the list.

If your happy, then great, I hope you don’t keep pouring money into sambalas pockets with nothing to show for it. Good Luck.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.