HELP WITH AMADO & MEDINA

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  leedray 10 years ago.

If you’ve had the cancelation notice, it may be too late now !. Tecnicil could now turn round and say, it’s been re-sold, leveeing you losing your deposit.

I’d ring A & M and try and sort it out, despite the time difference. Furthermore, I hope you’ve kept all the transfer details as you may need them now. Someone else on here had the very same problem before Christmas, he’s not been back on so don’t know if he managed to sort it, but in your case Telephone Tecnicil, and explain to them that you have completed, it may buy some time while you sort out A & M.

Good Luck.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
    leedray

Im hoping someone can help me here. I have an apartment reserved in Pepper that i reserved back in Jan 06 and ive been trying to complete for the last 8 weeks with Amado & Medina as the Sols.

They have had the money for over a year to complete as thats when i first got my completion statement and Tecnicil were late once again. Now ive received a cancellation notice from Tecnicil as the Sols havent completed despite me telling them too numerous times. They have my money, power of attorney and my authority to do so but for some reason havent done so and no explanation

Has anyone else faced the same situation recently and managed to resolve it? It doesnt help that i now live in Australia so the time difference is a pain but im getting little help from Amado.

Here’s hoping!

Lee

stevec

sorry to hear of your problems. thats disgusting of your solicitors to not even tell you what they are doing and give you the stress. there must be some law society equivalent there you can report the matter to. why not email another firm and ask them if there is a law society and could you have their details . good luck

worwilly

It may not be their fault, he’s moved to Australia !

I’ve posted in here already the European law society.

leedray, these cancellation notices have mostly been sent out automatically so I wouldn’t get too stressed.

You do need to contact Iain or Miria a.s.a.p. though and explain the situation. They are well aware just how slow the process can be and as long as they know things are moving forward they are quite reasonable.

I thought I was going to complete in January and still nothing – turns out solicitor hasn’t even got P.O.A. filled out correctly!

As I said – a slow process!

stevec

ww

may not be their fault ? if the client g ave them money and instructions with what to do with it they should either do it or advise why not. i dont see what moving to australia has got to do with anything apart

worwilly

steve they may have wrote out to an old address, they may have said they are going ahead and as future says, but things are going slow, they may have even said we have not been able to complete as the snagging has not been done. For someone who has purchased in CV you should know the system !!!!!

Mind you A & M are shite too may have something to do with it too, but you just don’t know as Solicitors seldom reply to e-mails.

stevec

w
    i was assuming they had leedrays address or email address. different story if not .

worwilly

I think A & M have changed Offices too, but get in touch with Tecnicil, first.

leedray

To say this investment has been stressful is an understatement!

I’ve emailed both Amado & Tecnicil and had nothing back yet from either of them. With regards to Amado they confirmed receipt of my cash back in March 2009 and they’ve been sat on it ever since. I signed them POA in Jan 2006 and informed them of new address’s since we moved to Oz so i dont really know what more i could have done.

The snagging has been done aswell. Im just hoping other people have been in the same predicament and resolved it and that these cancellation notices are auto generated to hurry people along. In my case it’s Amado that need hurrying along, ive done all i can and all that’s been asked of me so far.

Look like another sleepless night ahead!

Lee

worwilly

TELEPHONE THEM

Solicitors and Tecnicil seldom reply to emails, only when they want something from you. But for clarity, heres their addies;

From Tecnicil,
    One thing we would ask when it comes to commnunicating with Tecnicil. Some clients send an email and address their lawyers, the staff on Sal (Nelson, Carlos, Svetlana) and the staff on Praia (Miria, Nuno) as well as Iain. This is a sure fire way to confuse everyone as no one knows who has ownership of the email and thus you may not get a reply.

Area Manager; Nelson Evora, Area Manager for Sal Island – nevora@tecnicil.com

ALL account information, outstanding payments, questions relating to payments or statements of account, to Miria Fortes on Santiago Island.

mfortes@tecnicil.com

More serious issues, complaints, concerns, admiration (!) or contractual questions in the first instance please write to Iain or Nuno

itozer@tecnicil.com
    nmartins@tecnicil.com

leedray

I spoke with Amado & Medina yesterday who have assured me they will be completing this month and they’ve confirmed that to Tecnicil aswell thankfully. The lack of urgency still worries me though!

leedray

Well after numerous emails and phone calls im now the proud owner of an apartment on the other side of the world!

I thought buying Spain was hard work, this crowd beat them hands down!

neon cowboy

quote:

Originally posted by WorWilly

If you’ve had the cancelation notice, it may be too late now !. Tecnicil could now turn round and say, it’s been re-sold, leveeing you losing your deposit.

I’d ring A & M and try and sort it out, despite the time difference. Furthermore, I hope you’ve kept all the transfer details as you may need them now. Someone else on here had the very same problem before Christmas, he’s not been back on so don’t know if he managed to sort it, but in your case Telephone Tecnicil, and explain to them that you have completed, it may buy some time while you sort out A & M.

Good Luck.

Worwilly

When I met with Tecnicil they explained that the reason people had cancellation notices was due to the fact that their admin was really crap partly due to MRI – they were not geared up to manage all the customers data which is why they went through agents (I’m not for one minute saying this is a ggod excuse, I’m just telling it to you as I know it). The cancellation notices were aimed to stimulate buyers into contacting them so they could get an up to date database.

Telling someone that is clearly stressed about this that they may lose their investment is completely irresponsible. So get your facts right and consider what us investors maybe going through before you press the ‘post new reply’ button.

worwilly

NEON as usual you should read the contract, to see what it says if you fail to complete !!! as nowhere does it say (when issuing default notices, where only kidding really, were doing it to up-date our records) before opening your mouth and putting your foot in it. Tecnicil can take your property and re-sell it if you fail to complete when they tell you to, simple as.

Tecnicil have lied from day one, so why all of a sudden when they tell you something is it true ?

So your saying Tecnicil don’t know who has purchased their properties and they don’t know any details about them ! yes. So how do they mysteriously get in touch when THEY need to ?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.