April Questions for Sambala?

This topic contains 365 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  astocks60 9 years, 2 months ago.

Its good you have put it in the formal Q & A section on the other site Tony.
    I think its there that you will get the answer as there are a few Q’s for them to come back to us with

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 365 total)
  • Replies
    astocks60

Dear Sambala,
    Several investors have now written to you asking for an independant structural survey of the complex. Investors are concerned due to the cracks in A Block and speculation about problems else where? Therefore several investors and myself would like an independant structural survey of the complex. Before you dismiss this request with the usually there’s no need or trust us reply. Just as you wouldn’t buy a second hand without an independant report by an independant Mechanic, the AA or RAC? Also you wouldn’t buy a house, apartment or flat in the UK without an independant structural survey or the bank wouldn’t give you a mortage without an independant structural survey?
    All investors want is an independant survey as is the case when you buy in the UK or the rule before the bank with give a mortage? Sambala there is widely speculation about the build quality. By Sambala allowing an independant structural survey this would easy investors concerns about the build quality and end speculation about other problems. I await your response?

Tony I-6

itchy fitchy

Hey guys Sambala’s update yesterday (sorry only sent to investors, so KK wouldn’t have got it)thanks investors for their OVERWHELMING support following last weeks emails & engineers report.

Why would they entertain a request from less than 1% of investors who have tried everything to discredit the development? why keep wasting your time guys.

Maybe if you had 100 investors, but the six or so that have asked basicall makes it joke. Tell you what those in favour post yes on here. If less than 100 drop it!

We are getting an update everyweek (well real investors are)and the weather is glorious, be happy.

karl

If Sambala have nothing to hide, then what is the problem.

If 1% what to pay for a survey then Sambala should let this take place and we only have Sambala”s bullshit to go on about all of the emails they have received.

Are these the same people that were conned by Sambala and TSOG to pay up the IPO money.

astocks60

Hi Itchy Fingers or should I say Sambala,
    I’m a true investor. I bought a 2 bedroom ground floor apartment in I block, I-6. Most investors want is an independant structural survey by an independant structural engineer. Some one that has no links or ties to Sambala. Itchy you won’t buy an house in the UK or the bank wouldn’t give a mortage without an indepedant survey? Mays sense to me? The banks do this to protect their investment? All we truth investors want to do is to protect our investment? So Itchy what did you buy?

Tony

astocks60

Hi Sherpy,
    Thanks. I don’t think any one can complain to what I consider a reasonable request? I’ve also written to Dominic and Client services at Sambala.

Thanks Tony

itchy fitchy

astocks, or should I say AAG.

You say most investors want….. Where’s your research? I’d say 6/10 have asked. Everyone in favour post on here…..

Banks use ‘in house’ valuers in the main actually, not independent. You could say that is what you have already from Mr Vaz. Most values in the UK are done by drive by or even table based methods. The absolute minority have full structural surveys.

Quote fact NOT fiction.

astocks60

Hi Itchy/Sambala,
    Sorry wrong again, I’m not AAG. However I support AAG.
    I’ve bought a 2 bedroom apartment in I Block.
    Yet again Itchy what have you bought. No answer so far?

Tony

itchy fitchy

I said yes on the other string, but that doesn’t seem to matter cos KK isn’t an owner (and never was), we all know that and he’s supported in everything he says by those who want this to fail.

You’re not AAG and I am not Sambala. I was being factitous after you called me Sambala. Is all I want is a completed development, just like the MAJORITY (the other 98% who don’t post on here) of investors, end of.

astocks60

Hi Itchy,
    I think all investors want Sambala to succeed. However this doesn’t mean that we should believe everything that Sambala say? Most of us are out of pocket by lots of money since we didn’t insist of things in writing or believed Sambala in the past? The rip-off furniture packs to state one?
    Yet again Itchy. Where and what have you bought from Sambala?

No answer to that question?

Tony

itchy fitchy

A townhouse on phase two, so I have a lot longer to wait than you, but what does that matter to you?

Mr Vaz provided the surveyors report NOT Sambala.

Why don’t you go and see Sambala face to face to get the answer to the question you ask?

sherpy

Tony.
    The furniture prices are due to a massive tax, and I was shocked at what I was asked to pay as well.
    At least it was done up front.
    They could have said the packs were £10000 plus tax and we would have in most cases just signed.
    Only to find the cost with tax was £17000.
    Please read above the Sambala section on other developments, they have all kicked up about it too

astocks60

Hi Itchy,
    For you information I’ve met face to face with Dominic in London. I’ve also been out to Praia to see the complex. I expected to see an almost complete apartment only to find out that Sambala hadn’t even started I Block?
    Sherpy. Yes most investors are angry about the rip-off furniture prices, I will agree with you on that. Lucky for me I didn’t fall for the IPO con. However lots of other investors did? So being careful when dealing with Sambala does pay?

Sorry boys the sun is out and the weather’s nice. Also the Football’s on tv later today.
    So bye for now.
    Tony

smiffy

I cant see the problem. Sambala should agree and allow buyers to have an independent survey done if they want it. If its one buyer or 100 buyers what is the difference if they foot the bill themselves? I am not sure as to the legality, but as buyers don’t seem to be provided with an in depth specification then surely they are entitled to have a property surveyed as a matter of law? Every modern countries legal system would have provision for this. I cant see how A vendor can legally block a buyers entitlement to have a property surveyed before completion of a purchase, even with a stage payment system.

I expected Sambala to be evasive, as its what I have come to expect. I wasnt so bothered about a survey for Village blocks, as to me the main concern seems to be VDS, which I am not a part of. However, the sudden campaign by very pro sambala posters to try to belittle a request for a survey concerns me as to the motives and just who these people are that seem so intent on no survey taking place. Its very puzzeling. Its not about killing the project, its about concerned buyers not wanting to part with more money if there is any chance that investment is likely to end in tears.

There seems to be an attitude of “if you havent been out there you cant appreciate the quality of the build and resort”. Well to put it bluntly, thats complete and utter b*ll*cks. I’m sure there are many purchasers of properties that have seen their dream homes collapse around them due to poor building practices, who up until the problems started were blissfully happy in their homes, only to have their world fall apart. Have such detractors never watched Homes from Hell or read many such stories in the national press? It happens, it thankfully rare, but it happens. The running theme is generally that the people curse the day they purchased and wish they had a more thorough survey and done more due dilligence.

Again, I re-iterate this is not about negativity, but a legitimate right of a buyer to have a property properly inspected before purchase. If nothing to hide whats the problem?

smiffy

P.S. If its only 12 buyers, then it will be a lot more expensive than 20 euros each. However, I think concerned buyers of VDS are at a crossroads now. You either accept the latest progress and the survey released by a guy appointed by the builders or you insist that a survey takes place by a surveyor appointed by yourselves as a group. If Sambala dont answer this through polite asking of quesions via email, forum, phone or letter, then I suggest you have no choice but to put it on a legal footing and get a solicitor to represent you as a group to insist on a surveyor being allowed on site. Squabbling on a forum over the last few years hasnt yielded much, so why bother?

astocks60

Hi Smiffy,
    Admin or should I say Ian have removed my post asking about the independant survey. I also posted asking Ian why my post asking about the independant survey? This has also been removed? Why? I’ve posted again in the questions section of Sambala Friends section ask the same question. Let’s see if this is also removed? Yet again why? I expect the next thing is for me to banned for not singing and praising Sambala?
    Other’s on this site and friends have stated that the Admin on the SF site are in Sambala’s pocket? When what I can reasonable questions are removed it makes one think, why has the question been removed?
    It appears that unless you sing and praise Sambala then you are no longer allowed to ask Sambala questions on the SF site?

Tony

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 365 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.