Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 16.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:14 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charles mason</i>
<br />
Perhaps it's time to hear from the more positive postive posters, I like a challenge. When I'm on high ground.

Charles
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Something positive eh.....

Well there is the fact that the resort is fantastic and yes I know they were contracted to build it blah blah blah but the recession has turned a hell of a lot of people and businesses home and abroad into, well how should I put it, to enter into some rather unscrupulous activities.

Now I know that they are taking the piss with these backdated charges and have not honoured money back etc, but they haven't run off with our money or cut corners on the resort.

I myself have been ripped off in the last couple of years by some Bulgarian Gypsy at a cost of £15k. For my investment I part own a hole in the f***ing ground.

But seriously, I really think that we should split our concerns into two. The first concern is build and late delivery and missing furniture etc. This seems to affect lots of people and everyone concerned should tackle that along the lines that Andy has suggested, but it is difficult to fix. I assume Nuno is the main contact for this area?

The second area is the management of the resort. I firmly believe that this is easier to fix as the ball is firmly in our court as we have not signed up for anything and we can get them out after two years. They need to build a relationship with their customers (ie us) but this Maria thing wound me up when I met her and has wound everyone else up since. She is a really hard ***** and is about as stubborn as an Egyptian president. I think she is behind this latest attempt to get our money and as a group, we need to stand up to her and propose to the directors of Tecnicil that she is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:00 pm 

Not sure why you feel that Tecnicil did not cut corners. There are no wooden interior doors, wardrobes and cabinets with chrome fittings. In fact, there is no wood in sight, only mdf, plywood and chipboard covered in plastic coating. The tiles and bathroom suites are basic and kitchen units of economy standard. The kitchen tap is wobbly and the draining board springy. The worktop is too low for the washing machine to have adequate clearance. Tecnicil tried to solve this problem by removing the w/m top. Left like this – it would invalidate manufacturer's warranty and is life threatening. Remember, Vila Verde was sold to us as a 5* star resort and as such is still advertised in Tecnicil promotional material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:30 am 

And no back up generators for the lifts, which was assured to an owner at purchase. This could seriously affect anyone who is reliant on them, there were two power cuts in October while I was there and there will be more as we all move in and start using our apartments.

Alyson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm 

Hi Guys,
While on VV last week I noticed that the fire alrms were not operational and fire extinguishers were not present.Surely that is good enough reason not to pay CONDO FEES and how was the habitation license supplied??

Graham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 pm 

Hi Graham,

Hope you enjoyed your second week, wish we had of been there for two. I didn't get your email address. I liked the idea of yours where you've fitted a chainlock so nobody can get into your place lol.

s.harrison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 pm 

Hi Hacker,
Are you getting anywhere with your position? Enjoyed the two week stay.My address is graham.henry4@ntlworld.com

Good Luck,Keep in touch.

Graham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 pm 

Hi Graham, I was in and out of Denyse's for six days before I eventually got something sorted. I'll be in touch. Cheers

s.harrison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Georgia Banks</i>
<br />Not sure why you feel that Tecnicil did not cut corners. There are no wooden interior doors, wardrobes and cabinets with chrome fittings. In fact, there is no wood in sight, only mdf, plywood and chipboard covered in plastic coating. The tiles and bathroom suites are basic and kitchen units of economy standard. The kitchen tap is wobbly and the draining board springy. The worktop is too low for the washing machine to have adequate clearance. Tecnicil tried to solve this problem by removing the w/m top. Left like this – it would invalidate manufacturer's warranty and is life threatening. Remember, Vila Verde was sold to us as a 5* star resort and as such is still advertised in Tecnicil promotional material.

From looking at my apartment against what I was promised I'd say that everything met my expectations. Some of these issues that you mention are snagging issues. The washing machine is a mistake in some apartments so when you snag, don't accept it. I can't rememebr any promises on tiles / wooden doors etc but I stand to be corrected

If generators were promised for the lifts and there are no plans for it then I fully agree that corners have been cut. I would recommend that everyone concerned with this finds this promise in writing and refuse to pay any service charges until rectified

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:06 pm 

May I just refer you to the Specifications of the Contract.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am 

Ha hahah Smelling something!_

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neon cowboy</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charles mason</i>
<br />
Perhaps it's time to hear from the more positive postive posters, I like a challenge. When I'm on high ground.

Charles

Something positive eh.....

Well there is the fact that the resort is fantastic and yes I know they were contracted to build it blah blah blah but the recession has turned a hell of a lot of people and businesses home and abroad into, well how should I put it, to enter into some rather unscrupulous activities.

Now I know that they are taking the piss with these backdated charges and have not honoured money back etc, but they haven't run off with our money or cut corners on the resort.

I myself have been ripped off in the last couple of years by some Bulgarian Gypsy at a cost of £15k. For my investment I part own a hole in the f***ing ground.

But seriously, I really think that we should split our concerns into two. The first concern is build and late delivery and missing furniture etc. This seems to affect lots of people and everyone concerned should tackle that along the lines that Andy has suggested, but it is difficult to fix. I assume Nuno is the main contact for this area?

The second area is the management of the resort. I firmly believe that this is easier to fix as the ball is firmly in our court as we have not signed up for anything and we can get them out after two years. They need to build a relationship with their customers (ie us) but this Maria thing wound me up when I met her and has wound everyone else up since. She is a really hard ***** and is about as stubborn as an Egyptian president. I think she is behind this latest attempt to get our money and as a group, we need to stand up to her and propose to the directors of Tecnicil that she is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

Regards

stubborn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:08 am 

People be + sometimes, above all say othe truth!!!

happy you too

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hacker</i>
<br />I have to agree with Peter, I don't think they are up to running the Resort, they are going to have to dramatically improve on what I witnessed while staying in a rental pool apartment. Grease in the oven, dusty wardrobes, crumbs in the toaster, only one t-towel which was dirty, no cleaning equipment brush etc, I could go on. To make matters worse that Maria was very rude, she could learn some manors from the security and gardening staff who were so friendly and well manored.

s.harrison

stubborn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Georgia Banks</i>
<br />May I just refer you to the Specifications of the Contract.
I assume you are referring to the lift generators here? If so and this is a serious issue to people then contact Tecnicil and demand to know what they are going to do about it. You will probably not get a response but if you have an audit trail you will have a bargaining chip. Then when you get a demand for service payments you can use your chip.

Chatting about these issues in a forum isn't going to get Tecnicil to take notice but withholding payments may.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am 

Given that the resort is clearly almost finished and to a high standard, surely Tecnicil management must soon be concentrating their efforts on tourism and management. Are there any issues, such as quality of water and electricity supplies, that are preventing them from getting a major tour operator on board?

I'm just wondering when they are going to announce something. They can capitalise on tourists being put off going to Egypt and Tunisia for the next year or 2 until those countries stabilise. Should be easy pickings for Cape Verde resorts.

George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:45 am 

Well the water is orange in Canna and I had two power cuts in October. If I was tour operator I wouldn't be using apartments in a country which has a known limited power supply and no back up generator for the lifts. Means only people who can use stairs will be willing to rent them, cuts out elderly infirm, people with small children etc. Thanks to Bobo I seem to have hit upon a serious problem!

Alyson