Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 18.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Re: Tecnicil compensation
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:30 pm 

I can confirm that I received my full compensation for late delivery and have the people I have spoken to.
If you go to the vvog site you will be able to contact others that may be in a similar situation to you, or you may or may not want to join the legal group.
Tecnicil seem to be treating different buyers differently. If you notified them that you held them in breach of contract within the contract timelines ie. As soon as they where late delivering, then you may have a chance of some sort of deal because I think they know they would lose in court. Those that did not notify within timelines do not seem to be getting any leeway and seem to be having their contract cancelled as per terms of contract.
I don't know for sure that this is Tecnicils policy, but it does appear to be that way.
Like I say, you are more likely to find people in the same position on the owners site and they may be able to give you more information.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 pm 

I think we are stronger if we do it as a group so if anyone wants to come together to make representations to the foreign office, Happy to co-ordinate for those who want compensation as per breach of contract and did not complete.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:30 pm 

It would certainly be very useful to get number of ‘incompletes’, i.e. number of people who paid their deposit (in our case 50% of the purchase price) and never completed due to breach of contract by the developer and never got their money back either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:08 am 

Hi, Not sure if you are a member of the VVOG (Vila Verde Owners Group) but think if you were then you may be able to contact other people in the same situation as you. Also if you contact NDR in the UK as I believe they are or have represented people in the past and may be able to give you some info.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:45 am 

There are definitely a few people in the Vila Verde Owners Group that are looking for money back, but only a few, it is primarily for those Owners who wish to be informed about the resort and has a Legal Group (fee paying)that is monitoring Tecnicil H&R and acting on behalf of members complaints.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 pm 

I have decided that I am going to see if the foreign office can do something so if anyone is interested, please contact me as they are more likely to listen if there is more of us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:32 am 

I will put a message on the VVOG asking the money back people to look on here and get in touch with you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:51 pm 

Famguy, how do we contact you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm 

Hi there. Let´s clear something up.
Tecnicil haven´t returned money to anyone on Vila Verde.
I am still waiting to try and get them to arbitration, which is the only way to get the money back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 am 

Just to clarify. Owners have received compensation for late delivery, but I'm not aware of anyone who has received deposit or money back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 pm 

I have given my details to the secretary to pass them on to anyone who wants to get in touch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:23 pm 

Hi, apologies but I'm new to this site. I would also like to get in touch with other people who are pursuing the arbitration route against Tecnicil. Who is the secretary and how do I get in touch? Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 am 

I am the Secretary of the Vila Verde Legal Group, part of the Vila Verde Owners Group: http://www.vilaverdeownersgroup.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:05 pm 

Hi

We are new to this forum after trying to claim our 50% back when tecnicil said we were in breach for not completing, with a lawyer where we live.
Nothing came of it but we are still hoping there is someone we can contact in order to carry on trying to claim.
Does anyone have any information on who we should contact, or are there any groups we can join who are still fighting for their legal rights to claim their money back.
We would really appreciate hearing from anyone who can help!

regards
Jaine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 pm 

Hi

We are new to this forum after trying to claim our 50% back when tecnicil said we were in breach for not completing, with a lawyer where we live.
Nothing came of it but we are still hoping there is someone we can contact in order to carry on trying to claim.
Does anyone have any information on who we should contact, or are there any groups we can join who are still fighting for their legal rights to claim their money back.
We would really appreciate hearing from anyone who can help!

regards
Jaine[/quote]

Try: lillianmagero@yahoo.co.uk