Cape Verde Islands

Friday 20.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: SAMBALA out of business
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:28 pm 

Sambala Developments Ltd are out of business in the UK now. They are now making money demands from investors using Sambala Investimentos in Cape Verde. Grepne is not putting his name to the letters. No one answers the phones at the UK office. They have been stopped from taking money in the UK.

Latest updates r a laff, except they aint funny. Deeds not released - never will be. Dilapidation reports underway to find out why the IKEA type cardboard houses are fallin apart. You gotta laff at their gall. Luv the latest photo of the guy painting round the light fitting. Aint any paint on the brush. LOL.

Anyone handing over more dosh needs their heads seeing to.

Post subject: Re: SAMBALA out of business
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 pm 

and a picture of a wobbly bath in a five star resort ,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 am 

another year with nowt to show are we right to assume that this project is dead buried , is the sambala unfriendly thingy still going can someone please update me because nobody wants to talk about loseing vast amounts of money ,anyone know anything about block H

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:31 pm 

Block H, if it is ever finished, will be guaranteed until first used or inspected after which point all repairs will be the up to the owner. No warranties atall from Sambala and you may have to pay for a dilapidation report 2 years afterwards, same as those they are doin right now for cell block B. Seems the lifespan for these origami sheds is 3 years.

The only thing keepin this mess limpin along is the too-trusting investors who keep paying up in dribs and drabs. The sham workers are gettin €3 per day to pose for photos with empty paint tins while Dom and Jon take a big wage. Sambala are claimin stage payments on apts that are;nt due on them because buyers are too lazy to go out and check the work's really been done.

New Year's question - will Dom and Jon squeeze another 12 months out of the charade or will they be imprisoned or, even worse, done by the cartel before then?
Sad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 pm 

do you know of anyone who has recieved any rental income from this shambles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm 

Lets talk facts! One person has successfully received rental money from the shambals project. That person was/still is Domboy. For years he's been livin the life in a converted farmhouse next to Jeremy Clarkson and other millionaires in Patch Ridings, Chipping Norton. This is rented at £15k a year from the same company they rent their Charlbury offices from. Dom has already been gettin £250k a year plus expenses from Grepne who himself has been splashin £300k+ a year in Monte Carlo. No wonder thay can't pay rent to apaprtment owners.

They've plundered the furniture account and now shakin down remaining investors and owners for as much as they can to keep that gravy train arollin! They spend 20% of the money coming in from investors on token construction to keep the punters 'appy then pocket the rest. But Dom would rather holiday in golf resorts in the Algarve with his new missus than go to CV - go figure!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm 

i read somwhere on the net that the village is going to be cheap accomadation for the local people that's why the cape verde government built the road , so it looks like they are just waiting for us lot to get tired and just forget it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 am 

Domboy's gone 'n done it again - put off investors for another month. Its all very confusing....

1. Theyve got an investor who has supposedly pumped millions in but that investor does not want to inspire confidence in all the long-sufferin buyers by tellin 'em who he is. Meantime no one is payin up as usual.

2. Theyve signed up an RMC but still don't want to say who it is. They put buyers off yet again, for the 15th month running and might just might tell 'em who it is by end of Feb but they say that they wont allow any detailed question cos Domboy has got to make a sharp exit after the meeting - presumably doesnt want to be in the same room for too long in case he is caught by those after him. Why does no one want to have their name associated with Sambala?

3. Now we have Mr Nowell (serial company killer) just set up another disposable company Banner technologies as a vehicle to ask investors for stage payments ( cos Domboy and Grepne aren't allowed to ) But he uses his old Banner International email address and ain't even got a proper office, letterhead or signature. All very cloak and dagger.

4. Domboy and Greps cant even put their name to any letters now. Sanmbala UK is a dodo.

The lot of 'em are heavily into Teflon.

5. Nowell keeps bangin on about dilapidation reports instead of just fixin the bloody problems but, oh, that would cost money and they don't have bean to even buy a pot o paint.

6. Sambala (who is Sambala now anyway) say the bank has released deeds but they still wait for the certificates - AGAIN! When buyers solicitors go the Land Registry theyll get the shock of their lives.

Basil!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:39 pm 

Dear O Dear! The mother of all excuses is on the way soon. Sambala are about to put off construction (again!) and change the plans to suit their new investor Lord Lucan but dont worry - it'll "enhance owners investments" :?

That'll buy 'em another 12 months at least :cry:

Brace yourselves!!! :evil:

U 'erd it ere 1st.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 pm 

Hi

I'm a very new member and this is my first post so bear with me if I get anything wrong

I read your post and quickly rang the UK office and I spoke to someone there. (6.2.13) They are still in business and answering phones, however I got the standard reply about the buildings nearing completion and Sambala not honouring contractural promises of compensation. etc etc God was a boy when this lot started.

Are there any action groups? I'll look through the posts but as I've only just joined, there are quite a lot to read through.

Thanks
Julie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:13 pm 

there were some action groups but i think sambala must have put pressure on them and threatened them with some heavyweight action ,on them and every one else because everyone is reluctant to speak about the many ,many,millions they have lost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:17 pm 

lets hope we can now get some more people on here with enough balls to bring this back out in the open again

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:46 pm 

Cheers for your reply

I lived in Portugal for a few years and have a lot of friends there. I taught in an English School and lots of diplomats sent their children there so I've got some good contacts. I asked one if he could recommend a solicitor in Lisbon, which he did, and in turn that solicitor has friends in the CV government. Sambala would have a fit if they knew who those people were. Let hope they are not as corrupt as some of our politicians.

I mentioned our problems and faxed through the contract, along with the information about the Tax Fiasco' a few years back. The solicitor had a read - and is going to find out if the tax stuff was real or just another load of rubbish.

Might be interesting to see what she turns up.

I'll post the result.

Julie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 pm 

Hi Julie
I am very interested in what you here. After the last update and yet more mystery about the new investor, I've finally given up on this farce. In addition news that investment is dependent on the hotel first, we will never see a return.I think groups could be easily coordinated to join forces here ti bring those responsible to account for what they have done. Surely no one believes anything will actually happen this time?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:02 pm 

Hi

I just want out to be honest. She's reviewed my contract and its all fine.

My solicitor wants to get a SMALL group of people together so that she can present the facts to her CV solicitor. She's looking for about 10. No more than that. She just needs names at this point. She wants to present a small group rather than an individual

No money has been asked for at this stage, but I'm willing to put up the deposit.

Would you be interested? Would anyone else? I dont think we have anything to lose.

Julie