Cape Verde Islands

Tuesday 17.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: More questions than answers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 am 

Here Sambala go again. More statements that only raise more doubts. A new construction manager who is running it under his own company and makes a statement to investors advising that they'll soon have to pay more stage payments. Just look at the letter!!!!! No company address or contact number. No company email address - just a Hotmail address. And a cut-and-paste signature.

This from a dude who has recently been associated with numerous companies in the UK which have been dissolved or gone into liquidation owing thousands to creditors, only to spring up again as phoenix companies under other names under pre-pack administration set-ups. Just look at Companies House details at the numerous connotations of 'Banner' and T W Sampson. Just one example from a little digging...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=617456

Looks like the latest company is in massive debt and about to go the same way judging by credit checks. Investors have gotta lot of questions for this dude.

Throw in a supposedly private investor who is too embarrassed or shy to reveal himself. Plus a RMC that Sambala won't reveal. Does the RMC exist? If so, why is Sambala frightened to reveal their name?

Can't get that Johnny Nash song outta my head!

Post subject: Re: More questions than answers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm 

I share some of your concerns. If you check out the guys linkedin profile, it reveals he has been ad Bowdon since 2007. That company talk about being the white knight as far as struggling companies go. Whether they step in and help turnaround these companies, I dont know. If they turn up and organise companies to go into administration, leaving a trail of debts or even set companies up and liquidate them themselves, I dont know.

I strongly suspect that this mystery investor is one in the same Paul Nowell or Bowdon/Banner. I really hope this isnt the case. I really hope it was a deal for near 50% equity in Sambala, by somebody with the means to turn the thing around, but knowing Sambala, does anybody believe them, when they go on to state that the progress depends on stage payment receipts again. So, if thats the case why bother getting a huge amount from selling equity? I have this horrible feeling that they have simply sold on the rights to properties that were seized from investors or a much smaller investment has been made in the region of a million euros, in order to get some buidling work done to trigger stage payments and to pay off the money they owe to the bank. Without the payment to the bank they couldnt get the last stage payment of people in one of the blocks.

Hope I am wrong, but who can really say they trust these guys?

As always, its all very secretive. Would anyone else running a decent operation behave in quite the way that Sambala does? They may go on to surprise us all and get the resort finished, but I wouldnt bet on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 am 

Fi, Fi, Fo, fum,

I smell the blood of an Englishman...

I'll print the rest of the above soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:40 am 

i would like to appreciate you for sharing such a great info with us

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 am 

Dont let the SUN go DOWN on discovERing which user is Dom boy on that other forum. Gone strangely quiet lately.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 pm 

Funny that the reps didn't ask what happened to the equity investor who was going to save the day. I heard they were a bit keen but not on the point of signing as reported to us but wanted the hotel built as per I think the first of the dozen "master cons" I mean plans. Grepers not keen on digging deep as we all know so deal fell through. Weird it doesn't sound like Grepers to want someone to hand over cash to get nothing in return! So Viceroy are they to get the hotel built for them??? Is the affiliation supposed to make everyone kick more in like TSOG, like the IPO, like the Dubai investor? What's changed? Nothing, no construction, no progress, no hope. 8 years this scam been going, you gotta hand it to them they know the long con. Seems even the diehards getting a bit twitchy, not sure what's sparked them into life, surely not the thought of paying for air con! With unrest brewing I predict a "we are about to sign" announcement in the coming weeks and "we will be ramping up construction" after all nurseries are expensive.Don't be fooled by this as there is currently no construction, but know doubt Dasterdly and Muttley will lay a few foundations, always pays for the Champers at the GP, so rude not to

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:08 pm 

Yes - Domboy is going 2 have to issue another statement soon to stop the peasants revolting. He can cut&paste from last year's statements while he suns himself on the Algarve.

The hardest thing of all to believe during the past few years is how some owners and investors still fall 4 it.

FACTS:

1. An arresto is being processed to freeze all assets. Once various depts catch up, any deeds that gone thru recently will be reversed. Anyone who handed over last payment will lose it and their property.

2. No way will any CV lawyer let a big client or bank invest a penny while an arresto in place.

3. Even if there was no arresto Grepne spends far more in Monaco and Domboy's wages than he does on construction every year. He has no faith in the project himself. Why would anyone else, then?

4. There aint no decent return on investment for any potential backer. There is too much investment needed and too many debts and liabilities. The vast bulk of the money has already gone.

5. They couldn't even afford to finish the Village to existing specification B4 Viceroy added another €15m to the costs.

6. Grepne could put back in the €10m or so that he has syphoned away but he knows he will not get it back and would have to give up the lifestyle he is accustomed to. €60m gone already and what is there to show for it?

Anyone still falling 4 it all must be a right muppet and totally wet behind the ears. How many more clues do some people need? Its staggering.