Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 16.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Compensation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:35 pm 

For what it's worth I've just heard via my introducer that the Vice President of Turinvest has decided that no monetary compensation will be offered to clients. They accept that some will go through the courts but that will take a long time. What do people think? Might another tack be to negotiate a better non-monetary package?

Paul McGahon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:50 pm 

Let's all Cancel the Deal and see what they will do. They are using the crappy system to their own advantage. Cancel the buy and ask for a refund + compensation. They must obey the contract. They must refund your money, and dispute the compensation in court.
That will do it. Let's get a few hundred people sending them a note of cancellation, and see what their response will be. Mine is on its way.

Thanks for sharing the info.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paulm</i>
<br />For what it's worth I've just heard via my introducer that the Vice President of Turinvest has decided that no monetary compensation will be offered to clients. They accept that some will go through the courts but that will take a long time. What do people think? Might another tack be to negotiate a better non-monetary package?

Paul McGahon
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

tropical guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:49 pm 

I have already replied to them stating that the reasons for them invoking the force majeur are not valid and therefore I will be deducting the compensation from my final payment and that if they do not agree to this then they must terminate the contract and refund all my money paid to date now.

I dont expect a reply but my letter is on record and I will be demanding agreement for deducting any compensation due from my final payment when the time comes.

As you say our strength will be in numbers in this case, so if no-one pays the final payment until they agree the sum with compensation deducted they will be left short of a large amount of money

Sparcy

Peter Searle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 pm 

If any one wants my tuppen'worth I would advise everyone not to withhold any payments. The reason for this is firstly you are breaching the contract which means you are acting no better than Turinvest and Courts pay attention to this ,Lawyers have this thing 'If you come to court with dirty hands yourself, how can you expect Justice'? and secondly they have a contract which they can then say was not honoured. You could find yourself losing your apartment altogether!!! There is a clause in the contract if you look closely.

I fully intend to screw Turinvest the way they screwed me and will do so. However until this force majeure point is sorted out and then we all get together that is when we have the power. Lone crusades do not help matters and are counterproductive

Turinvest have the assets to cover the losses believe me, a look at the company tree will confirm this, sit tight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 pm 

Has anyone in block B been offered anything other than the following in compensation.

Either two one week holidays on different islands or 700.00 euros.

This is the latest we have been offered by Turnivest via our solicitor ?????

Cathy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:17 pm 

Familiar with the free holiday bit but it is a good sign if they are now offering some cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:24 am 

just seat and wait....if everyone asks for compensation, the developer might go bust and you will never see anything at all.
Why can't you understand that building on the island is not easy...I'm positive that your developer is doing all he can to complete on time.

one day...I`ll sign

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:24 pm 

Is there any recent news on a completion date for block C or comensation on completion.
Does anyone have any recent photos of Djadsal?[:X]

Larabee

larabee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:23 pm 

Last date for completion of Block C that i was given was March 2009 and that extra gangs were still working to speed things up. Have no proof of the latter though. Am going to contact them around Christmas for an update. Do not want to complete though until they have the Habitation Cert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:11 pm 

i would say your better not completing until theyve smartened it up a bit as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:02 pm 

If you are refering to the frontage it is going to look a mess until they finish Block E. With unsold units in D and E that could take some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:47 pm 

yes, i was reffering to the frontage, when i was there it all looked a bit "unsmart"

reminded me a bit of jaywick c.1980

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:51 pm 

dubberboy

Whats jaywick ?

carol