Cape Verde Islands

Monday 16.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: block c
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 pm 

Hello folks,
Just to add to my previous post and prevent any misunderstanding, our stay at the Crioula is not free gratis because of the present state of the pool, this was part of our negotiated compensation for the delay in completion of our apartment many years ago.

SNEDDS :D

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm 

Sorry Steve, a slip of the tongue.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:17 pm 

Hello folks,
I have photos of the block and the new road outside the blocks if you would like to have these photos then please leave your e-mail address and I will send them, I usually upload them onto the cabo verde property photos section but for some reason Daniel has removed it.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:48 pm 

Hi Snedds12

New to this forum, bought a 2 bed in Block C on the second floor (years ago) and would be very interested in curent photos.
My email is charlie-dm@hotmail.com
Hope to be over their in a few weeks to sign off on apartment.
Generally has anyone any rental recomendations that they could email or things to watch out for

regards
Dave and Mir

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm 

Hello Dave and Mir. Nice to meet other Block C owners. I am afraid the block is not looking very good at present as the pool is dug up to try and cure the leak once and for all.In the time they have messed about they could have built a new one. I presume you recently recieved documents regarding the setting up of a Management Company run by Fabrizio and Christiane who both used to work for Turinvest. Fabrizio rents out Apartments for owners and so do Baileys Cafe Bar.You might be struggling to rent out until the pool mess is sorted. There are of course other people in Santa Maria who rent out apartments but do not know enough about them to reccomend any.A washing machine used to be a must if you were renting but not sure now the Laundry has opened nearby. If you are snagging your apartment you could do with a list of the contents you should have in your furniture package. Maybe Oliver the Turinvest man could supply one. I have a copy but it takes ages to write out. One thing that people miss is the plugs for your electrical appliances in the package. As far as i know they neglected to install both kinds of plugs in our block and some appliances will not plug in to the ones they have installed. There should be a larger socket in the kitchen and one in the Bathroom for a Washer Adapters are available in Town .I am hopefully flying out next week so i will post anything interesting going on when i get back a week later.Where are you in UK ? See Rui when you get there and ask him to let you get a Meter reading for your electric from the locked meter room. Do not assume it is reading zero. Your Water meter is under the sink.You will then have a reading for each that the Management company can start to bill you for in the future.Part of the compensation deal for the delay in completing the block was 2 free weeks AI at the Crioula Hotel just up the road.If you have not used these weeks then contact Oliver if you wish to do so.Best of luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:53 am 

Thanks John

Enjoy your trip thanks for you advise

regards
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 pm 

Thanks Dave, have you been out yet? We were supposed to go 6th June but cancelled due to flight prices. Wish i had booked then with hindsight as we have had to pay a lot more to go out 4th July. Flight prices are crazy at moment for some reason. Booked last Sunday as i thought they were going to go up again and sure enough they have gone up 90 quid each since then. If i did not have to go out to deal with a few problems i would have waited till November.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:05 pm 

Hi John

Should have been going out next week but will have to cancel for a few weeks. The flight and accommodation costs were not cheap either. Will drop you a line when I am going if you want me to check anything while I am their.

PS Let me know how you get on

Also if anypne has Fabrizio and Baileys Cafe Bar emails would you mind emailing them to charlie-dm@hotmail.com

cheers Dave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 pm 

On arrival was pleased to see that pool area was no longer a mess and work going on in the block.During the week the pool was filled up with salt water for test purposes to check for leaks and seems watertight. Next job was to test pipework which although not totally satisfactory i got the impression could be sorted. As i left the pool was being cleaned. The Condo is on hold at the moment as a significant number of people will not pay until the block is completed. A revised list of charges is due to be sent out which includes units missing from original one and shows charge for common areas.Road looks great and they are now on with the street lighting. One downside is the Taxis are now using it as a racetrack and hardly have to slow down for the roundabouts. The latest craze in Santa Maria is Skateboards and the boarders love the new Tarmac. Spoke to Dave and other residents who say the method of construction has caused the water under the blocks to receed and they are now drying out. Of course the Salt will take ages to come out of the walls. Nice to see Mick and Aileen again. Mick brought out 3 big ceiling fans for Baileys and the flies are not impressed.The lake next to E has gone revealing the old Salt Pans. Although some of the water was used on the road the rest has drained away.The Vice President visited recently to see how many ground floor apartments were left to be boarded out. The town is quiet although flights are busy and as usual at this time of year some places are closed.There is a real upbeat feeling for our part of the town with the benefits the new road will bring.The Italian Restraunt and adjoining shop is closed and up for sale.Before i forget Baileys is closed Saturdays in July as some staff have had to return to UK. I quizzed Oliver about the 5 year building guarantee and he said it starts fom your completion date. I did this as the ground floor front and back door frames are being eaten by the Salt.This has already happened in B so they are aware. Thats all i can think of for now sure to remember more later. I have decided that i am no longer going to post like i have done now for years on this public forum and will log in now and again to see what is going on. I think it is a good time to do this as Djadsal turns another corner on this long and in the past frustrating journey. I still thnk it has a good future and look forward to seeing you all for a beer in Baileys in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm 

Hello,
I may be receiving a ground unit in the apartment block C as a means of paying off a debt.
I have not seen the development myself so I need some advice.

What is the building status on block c (finished, halfway done, etc) The other blocks?
Does it still look like a construction site?
Is block C occupied or is it empty?

Is there anything wrong with ground floor units? In the sense that they would be less desirable for a buyer?

Is there anything in particular that one should know about block c or this condo development?

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 pm 

you really should try and get a look for youself
i have just taken a ground floor apartment they have halved in value since i started the process and there are problems with damp on the ground floor but it is improving i am told block d and e are still building sites with very little work on d
but you really do need to check for yourself

chez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:19 pm 

SNEDDS12 wrote:
Hello folks,
I have photos of the block and the new road outside the blocks if you would like to have these photos then please leave your e-mail address and I will send them, I usually upload them onto the cabo verde property photos section but for some reason Daniel has removed it.

hi,
can i please see the photos you took, i really appreciate
my email is gabxgabi@yahoo.co.uk
thanks very much

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41