Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 22.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: block c
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:40 pm 

You must have been one of the first to complete in our block then! Yep, will definitely be poping in to Baileys. Will say hello from you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:29 pm 

Hi Rich
Welcome to the block,hope you have a great week i am sure you will love it.Just booked to go for a month on the 29th Feb so will miss seeing you this time.Been told the pool will not be working again i for one will not be paying any utility bills until it is repaired if it ever is.We still have a few small complaints but dont regret buying it we love it there.Jean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:39 am 

Hi Jean,
Yeah, is a real shame about the pool, i will try and quiz them on that subject while i am there - how hard can it be! Will let you know if i get any interesting response.

Have a good holiday on the 29th.

Rich

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 pm 

Have decided to go out 14th March for a week. If any news i will post on my return. How did you get on Richard ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:16 pm 

Hi All, going to Sal on Wednesday for a month ,am meeting Olivier on Thursday,they have now moved office to A block.
I am taking my laptop with me so if i can get it to work and have anything to report i will.
I will ask questions about D block but i suppose i will get the same rubbish answers as the rest of you.
If there is anything anyone wants me to ask please let me know.Jean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 pm 

Hi,

Sorry, its taking me a while to catch up with everything after my hols.

And what a great holiday it was! So pleased to still love the place, despite the development it has got its original charm.

We were very chuffed when we got into our apartment for the first time, the finish is great, it actually surpassed my expectations (but then i guess my expectations have been lowered somwhat over the last few years!). Had a few things to sort out: new gas hob, new hair dryer, hot water had to be fixed, safe missing, only one key provided, but with daily visits to the Turinvest office i successfully got it all sorted within the week without to much hassle.

The block on the whole needs a fair bit of work still. Got excited when i saw them filling the pool, but alas then sadly watched the water level fall. At least there was some activity on it tho. There was a fair bit of activity all around the block, one guy i talked to who has been going quite often said it was the most activity he had ever seen!

One thing i am not so happy about is the overall look of block C from the inside. There is the obvious lack of water in the pool and plenty of other finishing off that i am assuming is still on the list to be done, but i am concerned that it is permanently going to be missing the stone cladding that all the other blocks (even D and E) have, which I feel makes a big difference to the quality of the finished look.

Chez,

I did ask about block D but the responses to my probing questions were little more than a shrug of the solders despite asking several times. I didn't see much work going on there but did see the occasional worker and as also noted by someone i chatted to they are definitely progressing on painting it inside and out of the apartments. My guess is that they are putting a lot of effort (by their standards) into finishing block C so they can get final payments etc and offload the responsibility asap - hopefully then they will put more attention onto block D. Another thought that my offer some meagre comfort is the simple fact they have moved their office, from which they are trying to sell further developments, to Djadsal - surely they will realise that they need to finish off block D and E if they are going to be trying to sell a new development from next door!?!

I will now attempt to upload some pics - not as many as there should be as managed to forget the camera charger!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:55 pm 

Thanks for your report Richard and i am glad you enjoyed yourself. When i was last out there i was assured that they would not be selling any other developments until they had sorted Djadsal out. More Bullshit.Will be arriving there on 14th March for a week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:25 pm 

Just got back at midnight last night after meeting up with Jean and finally meeting Chez at last if only for a brief time. They are both out there for another week. Mixed news really. Pool surround dug out in a number of places to find leak. Man who looks after plants in Block has been moved so no one is watering them and they are dying. I told Oliver but he did not seeem concerned. They are boarding out the ground floor apartments to hide damp so people will complete as they are still desperate for money.I told them i wanted mine done but we are still argueing about it as i am not prepared to pay another penny to this lot after being messed about for years. The attitude seemed to be that once you had paid up and got deeds they do not want to know. Any way i will keep you informed how i go on. The road continues apace and they cannot be far from tarmacing our side of the dual carriageway. It will be brilliant when it is finished.Good news on IUP, the massive hike in price seems to have been challenged by the locals and is going to be reduced. I tried to pay mine on the figure they gave me in January but they said enquire again in April as they will have to recalculate it. New Bar opened in Square in Town, think it is called Ocean Bar and is well worth a visit. Tam Tams shutting 1st April but i do not know any more. St Pats day was brilliant and the Town in the evening was buzzing.It would appear Turinvest face Court action by disgruntled owners in C and D, allegedly. I must say i cannot blame them but i do not think in the long run it will benefit the rest of us.Hertz have opened an office in the units in front of our Block, 70 euro a day for a car.Thats all for now, i am sure the others will post more when they return Looking at end of June or early July for next visit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:07 pm 

Hi All
I haven't posted on here before so I'll introduce myself. My name's Alison (normally shortened to Ali) and I'm supposed to be buying M0/1 which is a corner unit on the ground floor. I made a suprise visit to the appartment in January and was appaled at the state of it. Damp half way up the walls, some furniture in there with wrappings off which will obviously go all mouldy etc etc. When I signed the contract it was for a 2 bed appartment with seperate kitchen only to find they've changed it to a 3 bed with the kitchen in the front room. Not what I wanted at all. I went and saw a solicitor (Carla Monteiro) in Santa Maria who said she will act on my behalf in trying to obtain a refund but Oliver offered me an alternative appartment as an option. I'm not sure what to do. Take Turin Invest to court, go for an alternative appartment (do you know of any in block A, B or C?) or try to get a substantial discount on the one I'm meant to have. Any advise would be welcome. Only myself and partner Paul came over in Jan. If we do decide to keep an appartment we'll probably bring the kids next time. Boy 14, girl 11 and twins(one of each)8. Are there many other kids in the block that you know of?

Thanks

Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:18 pm 

Hello Ali, they were working in your apartment last week on the walls. If you have read my last post you will know why. All the corner ones are bad like yours and the smaller ones across the back on ground floor. The corner ones have all been altered. There are apartments in B and C for sale by owners but the ground floors in B i believe are worse. You do not say if you still owe anything but resales are as cheap as 50, 000 euro. Legal action has always been long and costly but a change in the law has taken place or is imminent which should allow you to get to court quicker. I am afraid i never suggest to anyone on here what they should do in cases like this and would wait to see what your Solicitor advises. One thing is for sure they will not part with any money as they are skint that is why they are trying to get people to make final payments so they can finish C and complete D. I do not know if a normal 2 bed would be big enough for all of you. They have 2 singles in one room, a double in the other and a decent sofabed. Where are you based in UK ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:13 am 

Hi all,
I'm hoping to get out with family again next Wednesday. Will check up on progress as it was a year since we last went but doesn't sound like be using pool in our block!
John, the IUP you mention - is that the same as annual tax, which I thought was 3% of 25% f property value per year paid in April (or 2 instalments April and October)? We completed last summer so I think will need to pay it this time?
Does anyone know how to go about this - where you do it, if you need any documentation to prove ownership/property value etc?
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:35 pm 

Hello Barnsley, yes it is annual tax. If you got deeds after April last year you will not have to pay till this October. If deeds were before April last year like us then you pay from this April. You need to go to the Camera Municipal at the other end of town if you are unsure. They used the calculation you quote to give me a price in January but when i went again last week they said they had got things wrong and it will be less but cannot tell me till April 2nd what the new figure will be. Heard a while back that the locals were challenging the big increase in IUP and it sounds like they have had success.You need to take Deeds to Camera and they will give you a Matrix number so you can be identified when paying. They will give you details of how to pay on line if you wish. Hope this makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 pm 

Hi All, have just returned from 4 weeks in sunny Sal,had a great time.The pool is still a mess have been to see Oliver he said it would be ready in 3/4 months the leaks are around the lights,also asked about tv connections he said that & the intercom & sercurity doors would all be finished this year along with all the ground floor damp.They will then complete block D ,I am only repeating his words !!
The road is looking great and our apartments will be fab when its all done,so keep the faith.
The new Oceon bar is very nice in the square only open evenings
and also the new SAL beach bar which they sometimes have a singer on,and blankets to wrap up in if the winds cold,things are starting to improve now and we still love the place.
Hi
Chez, 1 ground floor .email me if you want, first name robbieathotmail nice to meet up with you again. Jean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:07 pm 

Thanks for info onejohn, hopefully it wil come down! We completed after April last year but won't likely be across again before October so may need to pay it this visit (or leave till April after - we'll probably check whilst out). If get update on revised rates will let you know.

Thanks Jean also for your further updates, shame we won't have a pool this time but the sea isn't far away!

People who've taken tv's over (as we got a discount as that was missing) - do they need to be analogue. Thought about taking a LCD one over but non-digital ones hard to get hold of now!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:59 pm 

I would like to know the answer about the TV myself as we got Aircon in lieu of TV, safe and microwave.As regards paying IUP you will need to go up to the Camera but i think you will end up having to pay it on line in October. However they should be able to give you a figure on the revised calculation.There is a fine if you pay late but not sure of the details.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next