Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 22.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Block C keys and property registration
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 pm 

Like everyone else I have been waiting years to use the apartment purchased. I have never been officially advised by the developer that the apartment was ready. I've tried to get this process finalised but I'm finding it hard to get answers. Does anyone know where or who has the keys to the apartments? I've been in contact with Fabrizio and Cabral but the line of communication seems to have dried up. I don't want to make the trip only to be disappointed so I'm hoping that if someone based in CV could make contact with the management company to see if they could collect keys and register the apartment in my name. Am I being overly optimistic or naive in thinking someone could do this on my behalf?

Post subject: Re: Block C keys and property registration
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 pm 

Hello PMK, most owners have already moved in but i know Turinvest have still some apartments to complete but have very little cash to do this. They should have the keys. I have not had any problems with Fabs office personally and it seems in their interest to see you moved in as soon as possible and join our Condo which is striving to sort out any problems left behind by Turinvest. I will be out again in November and will ask around for you if you still are having no success. What is the letter and number of your apartment in C and do i presume you have a final payment to make ? Also where are you based over here ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 pm 

Hi One John, my apartment is G 1/1 and I would be very grateful if you could ask Fabrizio about keys when you are over. I only owe a balance of 1k which I expect to be written off considering the massive delay in this project.
I'm eager to visit for a holiday and start using the apartment regularly as are the rest of my family. So the sooner I get keys, registration and property tax sorted the better. Then I can start paying the maintenance fees and put the memory of the delays behind me and finally start enjoying it.
I'm based in Dublin, Ireland.
Regards
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:04 am 

one john

you are back

sunbeds around the pool in block c now
don't know if pool is fixed though

chez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:28 pm 

Thanks for your reply Paul. As i said Turinvest should have the keys. Fab no longer works for them and only has the keys to apartments he is renting out on peoples behalf. Fab runs the Management Company which we had to set up when Turinvest said they had no money for Security and owed Electric and Water Companies money and could not pay. The Condo is working well and we are glad that people like yourself are eager to finally occupy and join us. There are other Irish investors in our Block. I know that it may be difficult for you to personally go over to Cape Verde but it is sometimes the only way to make progress on matters like this i have found. You could get a flight only when the prices come down usually about November if you can book last minute and Baileys would be able to rent you something in B or C.If this is impossible i will see what i can find out on my next visit. I think Jean and Colin my be out before me and i will ring her to see if she can also help. Chez ,this is a one off posting on here but Paul needs help and we need all Block C investors on board to help make the place a success after everything we have been through.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:42 pm 

Thanks for the reply One John, I might have to take your advice and take a trip to see how I get on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:30 pm 

Hello Paul. Have been in touch with Jean and she is hoping to fly out middle of October for a month so give her chance to try and resolve this for you before going out personally.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 pm 

Hi PMK

We are going to Sal on the 23rd October,Will see Cabral and ask your questions about your apartment see if we can get any answers for you.
Jean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:10 pm 

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could get the key tomy apartment duplicated ? I'm based in Cork,Ireland and got the key delivered to me here when I completed. Still have to get out to actually see the apartment but the snagging company were happy and the pictures I got from them looked great.

I've been paying the condo fees quarterly and would like to get the place rented if I can...anyone any advice on that perhaps, contacts or whatever ?

Cheers,

Gerry.

Gerry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:33 pm 

Hello Gerry , glad to hear you have joined Condo. As far as getting keys cut i could write a book on it. Firstly i am ground floor and the keys are different to the other floors. The problem i had in UK was getting the Blanks. If you have blanks a good locksmith should be able to cut copies. I had a copy cut in Santa Maria at the shop near the Church just before the Square but then the shop changed hands and stopped stocking the blanks. More recently i called there again and managed to get some similar blanks with a shorter shank. Luckily because the key does not go all the way into the lock in the ground floor apartments they worked. I have found if you have them cut in Santa Maria you often have problems so i get mine cut at home .They are of course Italian locks and if you have the key number try and get someone who is going to Italy on Holiday or Business to try and get some copies cut for you.Mine are made by Silca and the number is XF2 , the shorter ones i got were XY4P.Silca have agents in UK but would not supply that blank to him as they said it is not used in UK. Not very helpful.As far as rentals there are plenty who will rent out your apartment. Hope this is of some help to you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:55 pm 

Hi,

I own the B1/1 in Block C and have never had a chance to get out there. I think my solicitors (Neville De Rougemont) have the keys in their office.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - and please redirect me to the correct place - but does Block C look pretty well complete now? I'm wondering if I should book to come over and see the state of the apartment.

Are people renting them out to holiday makers yet does anyone know?

Like I say - please direct me to the proper subject if I'm in the wrong place - this is all new to me.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:47 am 

mark

block c is nearly complete and people are living in there and people renting I think demand is high for rentals I have stayed in mine 3 times this year and the only downside is the pool which has been a problem since day one you need to get over and start to enjoy your apartment and we need you condo money lol
going out in a couple of weeks ill have a look in you window

chez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:10 pm 

Fantastic! Thanks for the update Chez.

I've got the up to date statement, so I'll get that money over and it all set up for direct debit.

If you could peep in the window I'd be grateful!

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 am 

I would suggest you to talk with the developer itself. Try to convince him to complete the registration of property as early as possible.