Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 16.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Ana Maria Vazquez
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:25 pm 

HAS ANYONE USED ANA MARIA VAZQUEZ CAPE VERDE LEGAL TO PURCHASE THEIR PROPERTY IN CAPE VERDE

j robinson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:26 pm 

Hi Jean. Yes we are dealing with Ana at the moment, she is currently assisting us in trying to gain compensation for our late completion on our property. We have found her to be very friendly and helpful-she replies quickly to our e-mails, I have spoken to her in the past and her English is very good... etc. Cathy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 pm 

Thanks for that Cathy did it say in your contract that you would get

compensation for delay,will Ana's fee include fighting for comp or

is it extra.

j robinson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:00 pm 

Hi,
I used Ana Maria and paid 70% of fees up front and now because I queried and complained of the fact that the compensation clause was not included in my contract and developer refuses to pay any - she has decided not to represent me to close the sale.
I think Solicitor's do not understand how frightening it is to be thousand's of miles away and have your life savings at risk when paying stage payments and you have no bank guarantees like Spain and Portugal.
Also since 2006 when I placed my deposit there has been huge rumours regarding Djasdal on the forums - the latest been that Block A owners do not have their title deeds yet. Having a key to a property does not make you the legal owner. Also I queried the fact that they were looking for the final payment and they dont have the habitation licence - all legal advice site's that I have checked have advised that you dont close until you have the habitation licence. I found Ana Maria a lovely person but feel that when I had problems or questions she did not want to know.
Spin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:57 pm 

THANKS SPIN
SORRY I HAVE NOT REPLYED SOONER I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS,WE ARE PURCHASING IN BLOCK C AND ARE USEING ANA , WE ALSO PAID OUR DEPOSIT IN MARCH 2006 AND THE COMPENSTAION CLAUSE IS NOT IN OUR CONTRACT , WHEN I E-MAILED HER REGAURDING THIS I FOUND HER REPLY VERY ABRUPT, SHE ALSO SAID WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR HER TO FIGHT FOR COMPO.
COULD WE JUST MOVE TO ANOTHER SOLICITOR, WOULD WE NEED ANYTHING BACK FROM HER. I FEEL IT IS HER MISTAKE THAT THE CLAUSE WAS NOT IN THE CONTRACT THATS WHAT WE PAID FOR HER TO CHECK IT ALL.WHO ARE YOU USEING NOW?
JEAN

j robinson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:04 pm 

This appears to be happening a lot.....developers seem to be missing it out on porpose (to save money) but Solicitors should have picked it up, but who knows they might have and with corruption in CV some turn a blind eye to noticing it.

Hotel groups are on 100K a week for delays that over run, why should you not be compensated.....

She Sounds very dodgy to me.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:08 pm 

Report her to CV equilivant Law Society, and the Mayor, she'll charge you for changing solicitors as its extra work.

In my opinion they are all robbin Bas**rds that think they are above the law

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:53 am 

Hi Jean,
I am in the process of looking for a new Solicitor its unfortunate that this forum cant be more helpful in allowing us to recommend a good Solicitor. I also agree with you that we paid up front to have the contracts checked and that the compensation clause should have been included.
My emails are now being ignored however I fully intend in pursuing her for a partial refund as I am not happy that Solicitors can walk when they are questioned over the content in the contract
I'm sure it will take time to find the equivalent of the law Society in Cape Verde however they must have some protection for their clients as they have a similar system to Portugal.
This kind of behaviour dont look good for people purchasing in Cape Verde as Djasdal is one of the first to complete a big development and when the going gets tough, buyers find themselves without any legal repreentation.
It certainly turns me off Cape Verde and have made a decision to sell my apartment asap.
Spin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:15 pm 

spin
don`t rush into anyting it`s
maybe not the best time to sell

chez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:25 pm 

Spin M8, Portugal has a good legal system, a bit laid back but good and in some cases better than ours in the UK. It may take time but hold on in as you say they can't just walk away whenever they like.

Cape Verde needs to Sort itself out quick regarding such issues as it will have a knock on effect to other brits, or Irish buyers.