Cape Verde Islands

Monday 16.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Ocean Club Holidays and Aqui Sal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:34 pm 

We recently returned on holidays from Santa Maria. We booked through Oceanclub Holidays who I can only describe as shocking. Im not going to bore you with the details of the totally unprofessional attitude of a meber of staff who may I call "MARK". Lets just make it clear that I will not be using them again as I do not like handing money over to people who lie. A letter is on the way.

The unit we rented for a week was managed by Aqui Sal....seemed fine to me at first however in the week we were there the towels were changed once but the bed sheets remained unchanged which to me is totally unacceptable. Surely a change of sheets as well as towels is needed. We have flat being built in Santa Maria...any ideas on who would be good to manage it as Aqui Sal are out of the equation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:40 pm 

My experience of renting self catering accomodation (apartments and villas)in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, UK,US and Ireland is that the beding for a 1 or 2 week stey is never changed, and that there will normally be enough towels for the number of occupants for the period of stay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 pm 

it would be very strange, in my opinion, that kim at aqui sal would allow any sub standard service from her organisation..............

thecrock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:45 pm 

Maybe so, it maybe a case that OceanClub tell her not to change the sheets. Still not good enough in my opinion. Two weeks without a change is this the norm........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:28 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JonandAli</i>
<br />Maybe so, it maybe a case that OceanClub tell her not to change the sheets. Still not good enough in my opinion. Two weeks without a change is this the norm........
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Two weeks without a change of bedlinen is not the norm, I thought you were ther a week and yes a weekly change of linen is the norm at most hotels & apartments i've stayed at.

Why didnt you request a change of towels ? i'm sure they would of obliged as these are usually changed daily.

carol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Carol 888</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JonandAli</i>
<br />Maybe so, it maybe a case that OceanClub tell her not to change the sheets. Still not good enough in my opinion. Two weeks without a change is this the norm........

Two weeks without a change of bedlinen is not the norm, I thought you were ther a week and yes a weekly change of linen is the norm at most hotels & apartments i've stayed at.

Why didnt you request a change of towels ? i'm sure they would of obliged as these are usually changed daily.

carol
I beg to differ. I have rented appartments and villas in many countries over the years, and where those properties were not part of a hotel complex bed linen has not been changed weekly unless you pay extra, and towells to last the duration of your visit are provided up front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:06 pm 

When we first went to CV [ 5 trips ago] we rented an lovely apartment through Aqui Sal for 10 days, the sheets were changed twice.
Kim at Aqui Sal is always professional and has helped me countless times. I am sure that she would have addressed this issue if you had gone to see her. Perhaps you should e-mail her with your concerns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:17 pm 

We were there a week and the towels were changed but not the sheets. I should have contacted Kim when we were there. My gripe is with OceanClub more than anythig else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:08 pm 

I was sorry to hear that you had some problems with your recent holiday to Sal, however, I would like to point out that the 'unit' is NOT managed by Aqui Sal, the apartment is rented by the owners and I only arrange the cleaning that is requested. The apartment is cleaned every 3-4 days (depending on the weekend) and the towels changed at the same time. The sheets are changed once a week which is normal in self catering apartments here.

I clean at the request of owners and am very flexible with my contracts, for example – some owners do not supply towels and only clean once a week but if owners wanted the sheets changed every day then that would not be a problem.

Although I do not work for Ocean Club I will of course assist their clients with any problems that they may have either with the apartment or outside and would have been happy to change the sheets if asked.

I was also surprised that you found Ocean Club to be unprofessional as I have always found them to be very accommodating to their clients.

I hope when you next visit you will enjoy it more.

Kim

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JonandAli</i>
<br />We recently returned on holidays from Santa Maria. We booked through Oceanclub Holidays who I can only describe as shocking. Im not going to bore you with the details of the totally unprofessional attitude of a meber of staff who may I call "MARK". Lets just make it clear that I will not be using them again as I do not like handing money over to people who lie. A letter is on the way.

The unit we rented for a week was managed by Aqui Sal....seemed fine to me at first however in the week we were there the towels were changed once but the bed sheets remained unchanged which to me is totally unacceptable. Surely a change of sheets as well as towels is needed. We have flat being built in Santa Maria...any ideas on who would be good to manage it as Aqui Sal are out of the equation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:42 pm 

Thanks for clearing that up Kim excuse the pun, I am now aware that the unit is not managed by you and I should have contacted you. As for OceanClub and an emplyee called Mark well I stand by the fact that anyone who laughs on the phone at a situation that one of their clients is in is totally unprofessional to me.