Visa (arrange in UK or not?)

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Visa (arrange in UK or not?)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bohobee 11 years, 11 months ago.

To add to my original post – I’ve now had confirmation from the consulate that it is £29 for the visa but £26 for processing it!!! which seems extortianate is it worth paying the extra £26 to arrange in the Uk or should I just get it at the airport??

Thanks for any advice/help

Bee

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    bohobee

Hi again – I have read that I should be arranging visas before leaving the UK, have downloaded forms from the Cape Verde Consulate website and emailed the consulate (in Liverpool) for price – but having read a previous posting on this website will I have to go through the whole thing again at the airport?? will my visa definitely stand if organised in advance – ie I won’t end up having to pay twice will I??

Thanks for any info!
    Bee

diddydona

I’d pay it at the airport. You seem to have to queue for ages in the airport whether you already have one or not.

steve.prism

Dont know if it helps but i was advised to complete the forms last week and send them back to my agent,(i fly out next week)

they told me they have forwarded them on and all i have to do is “queue jump” the airport and pick them up when i get met by my rep.

Steve

steve.prism

oh and unless it was included in my price, i never paid anything…

although i dont know if i have to pay at the other end

Good luck

Steve

lemanistan

It’s not really worth getting your visa beforehand. It’s cheaper to get it at the airport and you’ll be queuing to get through customs and waiting for your bags anyway. It’s more helpful just to make sure that you have the form completed by the time you get to the front of the queue so that you’re processed straight away.

Steve
    Having been several times with pre-arranged Visas still had to wait & then although there is a computer –the official does an awful lot of writing -just enjoy the tempo !!!no stress
    martin

m g brookes

nutmeg

the choice is yours,but buying it at the airport in cape verde is the cheapest.By the time you have got your visa the customs queue will have dwindled and the cases unloaded so there is no other waiting around, Also when buying it in uk you have to send your passports to liverpool and then you worry about them coming back on time or getting lost in the post

john cleaver

steve.prism

well when i landed i was lucky

YAY!! =) My visa was logged i went straight through,

But would just like to say there are three “kiosks Queues” at Passport control

the one on the right is for nationals

the middle is pre arranged visas

the far left queue is best used if you have no idea what queue you should be in and/or you need to pay.

hope it helps

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.