Travel between Island’s

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Travel between Island’s

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  marcuz 14 years, 8 months ago.

There are 2 airlines doing inter-island flights (TACV and Cabo Verde Express). Another Airline Halcyon Air should start inter-island flights as soon as they get their Airline Operators Certificate.
    Ferries run on regular basis between São Vicente and Santo Antão and also between Santiago, Fogo and Brava. There is a small catamaran that belongs to Morabeza Hotel that does excursions between SAL and Boavista.

Carlos

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    marcuz

OK, so when we eventually arive for our first look see, how do go about Island hoping? We want to look at Santiago and Boa Vista but have no idea of distances, would it be ferry or plane and what are the approximate costs please?
    also are there any areas that are sheltered from wind and high sea’s.
    many thank’s

Marcus n Helena

So were do you want that pool?

mitch

Is it possible to book from the UK with TACV direct ? If you use a UK agent to book an inter-island flight they charge you quite a lot more than if you booked direct with TACV. We will not flying from Portugal now so we will be unable to purchase a cheap air pass so I understand

twinkle

quote:

Is it possible to book from the UK with TACV direct ? If you use a UK agent to book an inter-island flight they charge you quite a lot more than if you booked direct with TACV. We will not flying from Portugal now so we will be unable to purchase a cheap air pass so I understand

Ha you can try!!!
    Cape verde travel are the official UK TACV agents and according to what I have read do not put lots of extra money on the cost!
    We averaged the inter island tickets to be about 50 euros on way as we island hopped.
    The air passes are only cheap if you want to go on the longer island hops – it actally works out about the same price for us but with one extra single flight made.

E Thomas

ang

Has anyone recently taken a return flight from Sal to Santiago that was booked directly with TACV at Sal airport? Is it still around 50Euros per leg (ie 100Euros return) or are they now charging more?

yogi

Last month, offices and agent in Santa Maria were charging 175 euro return for Sal to Boavista, but if you go to the airport direct and book with the airline you will get the return for 100 euro.

traceybright

Hi we went to Boa Vista from Sal at the begining of March. I would reccomend you book any flights from the Uk before you go,(TACV) as they are always full !! It is very expensive, we paid £108pp return, book your hotel before you go aswell, as they are very expensive.

Tracey

trev01_uk

We visited Sal early Feb and took a day trip to BV on a property viewing exercise – you can buy a ticket for 110 Euro per person return from the Baracuda Tours office in Santa Maria – Tuesdays only I think, depart about 7am return about 5pm. This was the only way that we could visit the island for the day without an overnight stay, as TACV were only operating one flight per day – at about 3pm if I recall correctly. Baracuda reps are also to be seen regularly in the hotel lobbies as they run numerous excursions. Ask for the BOA Vista excursion – flight only – ie skip the bone shaking trip to the cement factory or whatever it is 🙂

hope this helps

Trev

mitchurchin

TACV do have an office in London now, a new representative office operating near WC2. The fares are not cheap by a long stretch, but you do get confirmed seats and no worries in terms of what and where and when you want to go.

I think the number is in directories, 0870 7777633 if not!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.