The Resort Group – good investment?

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum The Resort Group – good investment?

This topic contains 56 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  lauraoldroyd 7 years ago.

Slow, late, some would say they pulled a trick with the furniture pack upgrade gag and overall much better investments elsewhere

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Replies

So you’re all due your first quarter statements I understand; are Cape Verde properties to let a good investment or not?

I’ve been reading the forums and there seem to be some +ives and -ives, to investing in property here, and some gripes about The Resort Group, but overall, how is it? Would you recommend it to a friend if they had a spare £125k?

Or is it all too good to be true?

Any advice would be fabulous!

fabricator

I’d definitely sell my large 2 bed fully furnished apartment for 90k euro’s. It’s on vila verde and is fully operational. Any takers?
    the invisible man

dubberboy

i think in fairness to TRG they have built the products in the timescales quoted, in the way stated, at the cost quoted

to be fair they must take credit for this

the bits i dont like is the spin about rental returns, projected futer values vales and the claims made about previous developments they have done

What spin about rental returns are you referring to, dubberboy? The information I’ve been given is that the rental returns are expected to be between 9 and 13 percent.

djp

I signed up in earley 2007! & it was due to be complete Q4 2009.

The Dunas Resort development has changed radically since then.

I’m very pleased construction is underway & will be very intrested to see the penalty clause offer.

Dave

hacker

Great place to have a holiday home, an awful investment at the moment, plus the running costs are way too high. Let’s be real here!

s.harrison

dubberboy

thinkingaboutit,,, information given by whom??

i rest my case

rumple

Best to leave your decision until late September when the first quarter’s rental payments will be sent out to Tortuga owners. I’m sure people will post the info on here.

The Resort Group, Dubberboy

dubberboy

lol, that was my point

This seems to be a bit of a one way conversation.

What spin? What’s the reality? I’m looking for advice, please

dubberboy

it will be interesting to see if you get a net return of 9 to 13%,

if only life was that simple

if you do then the very best of luck, it would be a good return

I’d still really like to hear your version of ‘the spin’ and what the reality is

bill burgess

Spin is when someone comes onto a forum with a vested interest to generate interest in there development and then jumps to defend when anybody dares criticise. The reality is, prices have gone down between 45 and 55% on most developments and still they are unable to sell. The legal system is totally corrupt and there is no legal redress for investors, if the development is completed you then get ripped off on service charges. The lack of flights mean investors can not even get to there properties and if they manage to find a flight the high price of the flights is prohibited. Like the majority of investors I wish I had never heard of cape verde. As for a good investment you must be joking.

william burgess

fabricator

very well put Bill. It would be nice if Daniel could pass these comments on to his government for them to mull over. A very corrupt place indeed, what will the future hold for these islands? perhaps this is why they were undiscovered by mass tourism. It should stay that way. LEAVE THE TOURISM TO PROPER COUNTRIES. i’ll probably go the same way as worwilly now!!![V]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.