The new masterplan

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  george 9 years, 5 months ago.

Yes Ive seen the plans, visited Mandy at Charlbury.
    BIG CHANGES[:0](took advice of those who said go and see them! so I did), The documents i saw was prepared by WATG in conjunction with EUROPEAN GOLF DESIGN,AECOM and GOLF ENVIROMENT.

stupid me forgot to ask if they had planning permission! but I did ask about the new million pound villas on the plan and Mandy said that there was no drawings of these yet! so must be going through the stage of getting it passed off!

(measurements from map scale and ruler so take with a pinch of salt)
    The brochure states=”The plan and schedule show the different land uses for Sambala estate. The golf and conference hotel(1000m away from VS to left), Marina family hotel(top of marina 4 storeys high![:(]), Oasis golf suites and Fishermans Cove hotel provide 810 luxury hotel keys, alongside a 40 key luxury tented development, 386 residential villas, 750 townhouses, 4009 apartments.[:0]
    Other amenities include The Marina, golf clubhouses, lagoon water park, sports and visitor centres.”

for VS and village people right in between the 2 phases is a track/road that winds down to the marina, along this about 500m away is a cluster of apartments, equastrian centre 1500m, ranch plots 1800m and golf club & 20 key hotel behind marina at 7 o clock, and another hotel at 9 o clock.

There must be at a guess about x4 more buildings on the plan and most of it behind VS and village, no view then!!![:(!]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
    george

I’ve heard the new masterplan is a dramatic departure from the old one, with significant changes to number of properties, more apartment blocks, etc. No architectural details though yet for any of the proposed properties. I assume there is no planning permission for the new masterplan yet. Is there anyone who has seen the plans that can verify that?

karlking

STOG, thanks for that, much more detail than what I got and posted in my earlier post on it. Karl had asked earlier about it and a family we met over there and got on well with done the same as you a month or two ago. Although all I really get was it was all now Golf Orientated, with the Marina coming second. The properties too were much more expensive, and they felt that sambala as we know it, was going to be “left behind” I did comment on the new ring road and new hotel, although that’s all the information I was given. (I may have posted in CVP about it?)

Anyhow, great post and lots of extra information. thanks

george

Just reading back to Sambala’s newsletter 4 months ago. Quote…

“We are also moving forward with our new masterplan and have already received the support and approval of the government….we are currently refreshing the Sambala Developments website to present these new plans to all investors.”

“We are pleased to announce the Cape Verde govt have already approved our plans”

Given that they’ve already went back on their word to put the plan on their website I wonder if the govt has actually approved the plans. If they have, then its amazing to see such radical changes with such an impact on the terrain and coastline passed within a matter of a few months after they were submitted. Perhaps any investors planning to visit Sambala’s offices (as they are now not publishing the plans on their website) should ask to see the official stamp of approval by the govt to satisfy themselves. If nothing is approved yet then its all pie in the sky.

Don’t accuse me of being overly cynical. It is they who are backtracking on their statements.

tone

George,
    You seem to be making a few assumptions here to suit your arguement. When have Sambala said that they are no longer updating their website?. I agree it is taking longer than I for one thought it would. It seems obvious though that until they are ready to make the details of the “masterplan” public and until they have appointed a new building contractor for the Village they will not put it on the website.

Regarding the claim that the government has agreed the “Masterplan” in just a few months. Sambala informed everyone at last years “IPO” meetings that they were in discussions with the CV government at that time, over 12months ago.

Tony

stog

Tone
    you miss the point, they may or may not of said they will not update there website, but the point is they havent have they or have I missed it, even to say “we are waiting for the plans to be passed off by the government”, thats all they had to do, but no they keep us in the dark.

bring me infrastructure.

george

Tone,

They have stated that they are now not making the masterplan public but you can visit their offices to view it and take away a copy as long as you don’t pass it on to anyone else.

As I posted a few months back on the Friends Forum (where Sambala answer questions occassionally when it suits them) it’s unreasonable to ask investors to travel from all over the country to view the plans when they could save investors time and money by simply putting it on line. Doesn’t fit in with their green credentials either.

However, I know of one investor that asked recently to have it posted on a CD and they obliged. I don’t know if this was a one-off but they haven’t emailed investors to let them know.

I hope you see why this sort of continued behaviour pisses people off.

George

stog

Tone

You have to go Charlbury to see the plans like I did!

Impressive plans, but asks more questions than answers them!
    Such a big plan, but you need money!

bring me infrastructure

karl

Sorry guy”s
    I posted on the wrong page, Back from holiday now and i see that the new master plan is huge.
    As stog said 4009 apartments, 750 townhouses, 386 villas and 1000 beds for hotels.
    The disalination plant will never cope with that amount of volume,when it was installed it would cope with abit more but not that much more.
    Dream on Sambala. karl

bert

That’s an insanely large development. Back of a fag packet estimate but I make that some 30,000 beds. That’s enough to house the entire populations of Sal and Boa Vista combined! Big questions are where’s all the money coming from and how many decades is it all going to take?

smiffy

On a wildly speculative note. I wrote to Dubai International Capital, more than a year ago after being so peeed off with the lack of progress. In the extremely remote hope that they might see the potential and buy out the Grepne clan. It would be nice if something like that happened, but doubtful. At the time Sambala said they werent interested in third party investment etc. It may be that they have some kind of an investment for other parts of the master plan (and other parcels of land) as there is no way that they could do it otherwise, if they cant even project manage the village effectively.

george

I see there is a farmshop on the masterplan. You’ll be able to buy pork chops and bacon rashers from the locally bred flying pigs[:D]

Sorry, couldn’t resist injecting some humour into the thread.

karlking

Having that local farm shop is the only way they’re going to get the goats off that field too, he he he he.

bert

Another stat to amaze you. Assuming Sambala aim for an overall occupancy rate of 70% (generally accepted as “par” in the hospitality industry) for the new masterplan, and that the average length of stay is one week, in order to achieve that fairly conservative aim, they would need to attract over ONE MILLION TOURISTS per year. That’s three times the number of tourists who currently visit the whole of Cape Verde! Admitedly, a small number of units will house permanent residents, but whichever way you look at it, these are pie in the sky aspirations!

dubberboy

whilst not a buyer i nearly was so keep an eye out

it would appear that sambala couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery, (market conditions aside) SO am i reading this correctly, they now plan to do an even bigger more ambitous development than the one they havent been able to sort out so far

is it not a bit like saying i cant hit a golf ball 300 yards so i’m going to try and hit it 350

karl

CORRECT,
    Now we all know why Mandy did not want to us to see the plan.
    And Grepne is still planning to have his own air fleet to fly us there..named the FLYING TURTELS..

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.