Sambala X1 v Ponta Bicuda All Stars X1

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Ponta Picuda property owners Forum Sambala X1 v Ponta Bicuda All Stars X1

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  optiontrader 11 years ago.

I am just off to play cricket now. Pity about the weather, but I need the practice !!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
    optiontrader

Current Ponta Bicuda squad for the much heralded inaugural game against Sambala(1st Saturday June 2010).

hammersteve(Capt)
    Caryl Blakeman
    Tony
    optiontrader(Wkt)
    seagullsslimjim
    daveram.

Current pairings in the mixed doubles golf(Sambala 1st Saturday July 2010).

Brookie+Physio v optiontrader+Yelki
    george+penny v hammersteve+Caryl Blakeman.

I notice its a while since any of the females have posted i.e. penny,Yelki,Physio,puff and Caryl Blakeman. I am sure at the Saturday night disco after the cricket match, the females will be more voiceferous than the males.

optiontrader

Ponta Bicuda All Stars:- Just had confirmation from the developers that the cricket pitch will definately be ready for June 2010.

I am going to take a leaf out of hammersteves book, and get some wicket-keeping practice, up here in sunny Northumberland(75 degrees today).

physio

Does anybody know will sambala golf course be finished by july 2010.

All my love to BRKIE xx

brookie

And my love to you to Physi

I understand that the golf courses should be started next year and therefore ready for 2010.

Graham Parker

hammersteve

I switched on the Tele yesterday to get some tips from the professionals. I tuned in to watch the Sambala 11 masquerading as the England team. Looks good for us, keep up the practice.

optiontrader

Current pairings in the mixed doubles golf(Sambala 1st Saturday July 2010).

Brookie+Physio v optiontrader+Yelki
    george+penny v hammersteve+Caryl Blakeman
    Chris+Yvonne v Tony+margie

We still require 5 more pairngs from each team.

brookie

Well gang it looks as if Sambala is up and running. Handover pack are arriving.

If the golf course gets a move on we should be able to get some practice in before the big match.

Graham Parker

daveram

Hi option trader, sorry for a slow response, I’ve been travelling a lot over the last eight months, up for the cricket, used to bat about 7, open the bowling although I’ve probably put about 30 lbs on since I last played so maybe first change!!!!

Daveram

optiontrader

Hi daveram:- I think most of the “Ponta Bicuda Allstars” have been travelling for the last 8 months.

Its good to know we have an all-rounder in the cricket team,I am a wicket keeper,and we have plenty of top order batsmen.

We also have a good twelth man,”Caryl Blakeman”,and not forgetting “Yelki”,who is running the beer(champagne)tent.

dubberboy

i am contemplating buying on sambala, if i do i would i would like to have my name down for the golf

optiontrader

Hi dubberboy:- It does not look good for the Golf tournament at Sambala,as Brookie,Sambala’s captain,does not think it will be open by July 2010,and he does not want to switch it to the “Pitch + Putt” at Ponta Bicuda.

We are awaiting instructions from Brookie, whether Sambala are still interested in the cricket match at Ponta Bicuda,as Sambala have lost home advantage in the golf.

brookie

Cricket at your place is fine. Have you got a date for the pitch to be playable by.

Hi Dubberboy Good choice buying on Sambala. Have you joined the friends yet?

Do you play Cricket as well as golf?

Brookie

optiontrader

Hi Brookie:- The developers are very confident the pitch will be ready for the big match,i.e. June 2010. Looking forward to meeting you all on the pitch,and in the beer tent afterwards.

dubberboy

brookie yes thanks i have joined friends, i can play cricket but not up to county standard, lol
    i am weighing up the pros and cons of sal v santiago and leaning towards santiago, i think

am i doing the right thing

george

Dubberboy,

I’ve bought on Santiago and Sal and personally think Santiago is the better choice for leisure and investment purposes. Certainly Sambala is selling pretty well.

There are some resale apts coming on the market soon if you aren’t after a villa or townhouse.

Of course, check out Ponta Bicuda too.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.