Opening of Tortuga Beach Resort

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Opening of Tortuga Beach Resort

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  leafields 7 years, 3 months ago.

Daniel,
    how have Sol Melia invested 60 million euros when the properties have been built by The Resort Group and financed and owned by private subscription?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
    Daniel
    Daniel

Hello,

today is the opening of the Tortuga Beach Resort of Sol Meliá on Sal island. Investment of the spanish Sol Melía group of 60 Mill EURO.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    Cabo Verde 24 – Serviços, Informática e Internet Lda.
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde
    Tel: +238 – 2 238001
    Fax: +238 – 2 238004
    email: info at caboverde24.com

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello,

I was informed that The Tortuga Beach Resort consists of 372 units for hotel use and 358 units of private use (apartments).
    So you say the hotel part with restaruants, bars, spa and conference room is also private investment ?
    Maybe I have a wrong information ?

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde

peter c

The short answer is they didn’t put €60,000,000 in. TRG and the owners have. Sol Melia have done a very clever deal and will have made some financial investment in A and M, staff and maybe some facilities.
    The best thing about tortuga is that all parties look set to make money, which is exactly what you need.
    I wish Vila Verde had got a proper resort operator on board.

rumple

Daniel,
    I am surprised that you are not more in touch when you have so much information to hand in this forum.

Peter,
    I feel VV is at a crossroads right now. No one knows how the builders stand with the bank and what this will mean, what interest the bank has in the long term success of the project. There must be a great wealth of property held as unsold properties and communal facilities – I imagine there is a great deal at stake and negotiations will be going on for some time. I hope the outcome for you is more like Tortuga than Sambala.

Daniel
    Daniel

quote:

Originally posted by rumple

Daniel,
    I am surprised that you are not more in touch when you have so much information to hand in this forum.

I am not giving information in this forum, I am just giving a platform for Cape Verde related people to communicate about investments, tourism and general Cape Verde topics.

So then it means Sol Meliá didn´t spent any money in this Resort ?
    Victor Fidalgo named the 60 MILL EURO, so I got it wrong as it was not specified who spent this money.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde

mary hinge

The Tortuga opening party looks like it went well, with the Britains Got Talent winners Diversity in attendance. Check out the youtube video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxaBLcbIWCk

Nice to see a good news story coming out of CV
    [:D]

hilarious – some very funny ones on there, staying there in a couple of weeks so will have to practice my dance moves!

rumple

I have heard Tortuga is doing well with 75% occupancy. Have also heard that several other holiday companies want it in their brochures and that flight operators are getting interested.
    Does anybody have any info as to whether returns are going to match the sales talk or not?

i think in july /august its goung to be more than that! we should start getting our returns 3 months after opening so will find out in august…

onlyme

are you in the rental pool futurestrader?

yes…

onlyme

quote:

Originally posted by futurestrader

yes…

me too,would be very happy with 75% occupancy(if true)after just opening,bodes well for the future!also looking forward to my first income from the rental pool,be interesting to see what we are going to get!

rugbyandbeer

Re Tortuga- is it just me or are we all suffering from a distinct lack of info re the lettings etc? Resort Group have done a good job with the place, but their communications are woeful-no real assistance with insurance/lettings that they should know now/nothing by way of owners pack-in terms, money in but little else.

onlyme

quote:

Originally posted by rugbyandbeer

Re Tortuga- is it just me or are we all suffering from a distinct lack of info re the lettings etc? Resort Group have done a good job with the place, but their communications are woeful-no real assistance with insurance/lettings that they should know now/nothing by way of owners pack-in terms, money in but little else.

agree,heard nothing from the resort group about lettings etc since the opening!not even asked for bank details yet for payment of our rental money!i think they should also set up a calender for individual owners to see when there units are booked up!

rumple

It would be interesting to know that but as its a rental pool it wouldn’t effect your return.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.