October winds/weather

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum October winds/weather

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andyrae1971 7 years, 3 months ago.

Hi
    We are considering booking a holiday to Boa Vista, Cape Verde in October. Can anyone advise me on the weather/climate during October in particular I have read that it can be windy with stong currents in the sea, does this cause any issues sunbathing on the beach? We don’t mind if it’s too windy to go in the sea, although don’t fancy having the sand blown over us. Thanks Jo

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Daniel
    Daniel

Hello Jo,

welcome to the Cape Verde Forums.
    October is not the windiest month, however you should be prepared for some winds up to 25-35 km/h.
    On windy days it should be best to use sunbeds (as you will find next to most of the hotels) so the sand does not blow over you on very windy days.
    Also October is a month where you may see a very few days of rain, not really much more then 2 or 3 days over the hole month normally.
    Hope this helps.

jo72

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reply, that is a great help. I am looking for a holiday in October, as longs there is sun I don’t mind a bit of wind – not hurricanes though! What’s the average temperature like during October? Thanks Jo

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello,
    the hurricanes just form at Cape Verde, were they still are a little windy and rainy tropical depression… then they travel over the Atlantic in direction to the Caribbean and become hurricanes. 😡
    Most likely the temperatures in Boa Vista in October are around 25-35 ºC (77-95 ºF).

ariminum

Hello Jo,

may I add the temperatures of the sea in October to Daniel’s report:
    You can expect a water temperature from 27°C. ❗ 😆

Enjoy your holidays.

Ariminum

andyrae1971

We are going there October 18 😆

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.