Oasis Atlantico – Salina Sands

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Oasis Atlantico – Salina Sands

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chez 7 years, 5 months ago.

Would be great to hear from anyone who has invested in Salina Sands, Cape Verde. I seem to be the only investor at present??

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    jimski

Hi,
    As far as I know the salinas sand project was cancelled and those who had invested were offered salinas sea.

trombo

Sunlight

You are not alone. Have got back onto the forum after a longtime away. Apologies to others for cross posting but I will keep my comments on SalinaSand focussed on this thread from now on.

Am starting the new year talking to OA and my useless solicitors to see what is happening. FWIW they offered me an apartment in SalinaSea on terms that I did not want so I want my cash back. Have had silence from OA and NDR for nearly a year now. Cannot recommend NDR. Are you using them as I know another investor is but not sure who they are?

All the best for 2013

jimski

Hi Trombo,

I originally used a solicitor called Amando and Medina but a complete waste of time, could’nt even get a reply and they lost me money because of that. I originally paid my solicitors fees to the company that I was purchasing through, Red hot homes who went bust and I lost the solicitors fees about 1800 euros.
    I am now using Carla Montiero who works with Alexandra Pereira. I think that the poor quality of solicitors is endemic throughout the islands, there never seems to be any urgency about anything they do. I have had an email from them saying that OA have contacted them saying the completion is almost at hand. They are asking for various funds and payments prior to completion so that there are no delays in the transition of ownership. I have already paid them 600 euros but they seem to have forgotten this so I am awaiting further instruction, they actually sent an email on Xmas eve?. I think that I may be expecting a service that is not going to happen on this island, you expect things to be as you are used to here, I don’t think this will be the case here. Any how I will update as soon as I here from them.
    I know you are asking for a refund but I still think it is a good investment and I can’t see how I could have done any better here given the state of investments in this country. Are you sure you want a refund, I only ask because I purchased for investment an future income and not as a holiday home, although I will go there on holiday now and then. I have a holiday villa in Spain which I will use more mainly because of the travel time and cost of flights. I do know the difficulties with renting property abroad and it is not as easy as it seems that is why I have chosen this particular option, no worries after it is up and running and hopefully only income tax to pay, as I say it all depends on why you are buying. Anyhow I will post again when I hear anything of interest, hope things work out for you.

sunlight

Trombo,

Glad to hear from you. It sounds like you are in a similar situation to myself but unfortunately we cannot hire a solicitor to take things any further. OA offered us an apartment in Salina Seas too, but our situation has now changed, and we are unable now to invest any more money in the venture. OA have broken their side of the contract and feel that they should reimburse us now that the project isn’t going ahead. I also don’t trust the company as far as I could throw them! They have not communicated with me for well over a year now after I had said that their offer was unacceptable. Myself and my husband lost several thousand £’s when Red Hot Homes ran away with our monies and the whole Cape Verde thing is just unbelievable as far as I’m concerned. I don’t know where to go next, as by the looks of it, even if we could afford a solicitor, then they don’t seem to be doing much anyway! Surely OA can’t be allowed to get away with taking several thousand pounds of our hard earned cash after agreeing a contract, to then break the contract, keep our money and then not communicate with us?!!!

trombo

I agree about how unacceptable the whole thing is. As far as I know there is no trading standards type organization in CV and the solicitors all seem as bad as each other. Basically it looks as if we are heading to court!

chez

just got back on tuesday
    they are planning a soft opening of 100 rooms feb 7th

chez

chez

sorry wrong thread

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.