mindelo carnaval trip

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum mindelo carnaval trip

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ariminum 6 years, 12 months ago.

Hello, im taking a trip to mindelo sao vicente in february during carnaval. I was wondering if anyone that can speak english and show me around mindelo? any taxi drivers that speak english? thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies

Hello there, We are going over for Carnival in Feb for the first time as well. Can’t help at the moment but hope do be contacting people before we go. Any decent tips etc I get, I’ll pass on.
    Ludie

jrcmartins

Hi there,
    we are arriving for the first time at Sal on Fri, 8th and would like to see the carnival in São Vicente, although not sure if São Nicolau wouldn’t be a better option(less Brazilian influence). I speak Portuguese, my wife does not. Happy to share info/ possibly costs.

ariminum

Hello cvangelo,

If you want to risk it in the short time, go to São Nicolau instead.

I disagree 100%! 🙁
    Flights to S. Nicolau are very rare (twice a week normally) and you would have a greater chance to get stranded. ❗
    From Sal to S. Vicente there are daily flights, but I agree with you, not to visit a second island in such a short time (1 week holiday).

Ariminum

ariminum

But IF YOU WANT TO RISK IT go to SN

I think there was a misunderstanding.
    Of course it is besser, not to visit an other islands in one week of holidays.
    But to offer a risk like SN is not a good advice. I am convinced, to get a fight to S. Vicente, also during carneval, easier, than to SN at all. 😕
    But the best idea is, to remain on one island in that short time. On every islands there are things to discover. 😛
    Ariminum

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.