Lone Traveller

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Lone Traveller

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ariminum 6 years, 10 months ago.

I am thinking of visiting the CV islands for the first time in September this year but as I will be on my own would appreciate some advice. I am planning on staying for a week and would like to spend some time on the beach chilling with a good book but I’d also like to see some of the islands, possibly a boat trip of some sort. I would rather not drive. I would prefer self catering in either an apartment or small private villa so I would also need to be fairly close to bars, restaurants and supermarkets. I am not averse to All Inclusive but would prefer somewhere where there a not too many kids around or one that has an adults only area. I realise that i am asking for a lot of information but appreciate any responses I get. Many Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    ariminum

The Fast Ferry i sthe only reliable ferry service in Cape Verde with a published schedule. But it ONLY serves Santiago, Fogo and Brava. You cannot reliably travel to the other islands by boat.

You can start you week in São Vicente and then take a ferry to Santo Antão. These two islands are about 8 miles apart and this is the only other reliable ferry service in the country.

😉
    Both are the only reliable ferry services in the country. 😉

Kazimodo48 wrote:

I am planning on staying for a week and would like to spend some time on the beach chilling with a good book but I’d also like to see some of the islands, possibly a boat trip of some sort.

I agree with most of the information of cvangelo, and in a week you won’t have a chilling and relaxing stay by visiting other islands.
    To make your base in Praia is possible, but not relaxing and, the beaches aren’t beautiful, as he wrote correctly.
    I’d advice you to come to Sal or Boavista for a relaxing stay (1 week) and to return to the islands after a planned island-hopping at home. Also on these two islands there are nice things to discover, e.g. the salinas on Sal.
    All the given informations from cvangelo are great, but stressy to do them in one week.
    Ariminum

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.