Island Weather

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Island Weather

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jamie 14 years, 8 months ago.

I have been to Sal 3 times at different times of year, and never found it too windy.
    Some people that we met 2 weeks ago felt that it was too windy on the beach at the RIU but we were at the town beach in Santa Maria and it was fine. Evidntly it is windiest Jan to March.
    Hope this helps

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    jamie

I am thinking of visiting Cape Verde later this year, although I have had very mixed reports. One comment was that the beaches were so windy that you could hardly bear to be on them. Can anyone tell me if this is true. And are all the islands the same? How does the weather vary from island to island? I am thinking of visiting Sal and Santiago.
    Jamie

jamie

Thank you puff. Good to get some first hand feedback. There is a lot of talk on this forum, but sometimes I get the impression most of it is from people who have never been to the islands.
    Jamie

mikee

quote:

Thank you puff. Good to get some first hand feedback. There is a lot of talk on this forum, but sometimes I get the impression most of it is from people who have never been to the islands.
    Jamie

I have and it was the windiest place I’ve ever been to I’m afraid to say

boa

I have heard there are sometimes storms in the UK and what about Greece in august and what about the cariben ?

Boa

jade morgan

hi jamie i was there in late feb early march stayed in odjo hardly any wind there i agree withpuff. but we walked around beach by rio and it was very windy.bit in front of morabeza hotel wascalm for swimming as well cheers

jade

andyw

Hi Jade,I am staying at the Odjo in May,what was it like ?. Good food/reasonable prices and did you eat anywhere out of the hotel ?.How was the private beach/beach bar ?. What about the rooms ?.

Andy

jade morgan

hi andy odjo is in great location.the private beach is a bit rocky so be carefull .the terrace bar is stunning location to have drink.the restaurant was very good slow but that cape verde and the live music was superb.breakfast they havnt quite got it together you have to go up to a window and order what you want but nobody tells you this.the rooms are very basic but clean they have internet access in lobby.it took us a while to get used to slowness but hey we live in london and thats the whole point of getting away.the morabeza is much more together as an hotel you must go there on sat night as they have a cape verdian evening with all local dishes and music this is very popular so you have to book.one of our fav restaurants was barracuda on the beach we ate there most lunch times.the restaurant on square was very good immaculate kitchenbut unfortunatly had a sky tv big screen.porto antiga has a snack bar good pizza etc lovely location.i hope you like fish because its fresh every day tuna carppachio is wonderfull. have a lovely time we’r going back in late april cheers jade

jade

puff

Jamie
    In my opinion one needs the wind, otherwise it would be too hot. We were there one Oct and it would have been unbearable without the wind. In march it was fairly windy on the beach but not unpleasant.
    Andy
    We have stayed at the Odjo and it was lovely, the restaurant has a stunning location out over the sea, and good retaurant with the best cappirhinas [ probably spelt wrong!]— crushed limes with ice and grogue
    Papayas in Porto Antiga also has a great location
    Enjoy

mod

I was out in Sal last November, stayed at the Riu. The weather was perfect, a slight breeze which was needed on the beech as it was so hot. Have to be careful not to burn so slap on the sun protection.

mod

mels

We were there early November last year and the weather was perfect. The slight breeze kept us cool so no complaints from me about the wind.

Mels

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.