is there poverty in Cape Verde

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum is there poverty in Cape Verde

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andre 7 years ago.

sarah my wife and I are travelling to Cape verde, last year in Gambia I took some footballs for children were unable to afford a ball, also in Goa we sponsor 2 children in an orphanage, does anyone know if there is poverty on Cape Verde?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    andre

There is poverty in Cape verde. Which island you visiting? There are structured pathways for donating. I too have given footballs which are much appreciated, however it is felt better to donate through the church/schools, who know who are the most needy.

bleaker

@andre wrote:

There is poverty in Cape verde. Which island you visiting? There are structured pathways for donating. I too have given footballs which are much appreciated, however it is felt better to donate through the church/schools, who know who are the most needy.

We are going to Boa Vista

andre

When? I go again this Thursday. I could put you in touch with people on the island, who know the daily changes in circumstances, who could lead you in the best direction.

Andre

bleaker

@andre wrote:

When? I go again this Thursday. I could put you in touch with people on the island, who know the daily changes in circumstances, who could lead you in the best direction.

Andre

We are arriving on Friday to Boa Vista, will pick up emails so gratefull for any response

Many Thanks Bryan and Sarah

ariminum

is there poverty in Cape Verde

Yes, on every island, you can find poor people, who don’t participate in tourism at all.
    Even on the well known and most developed island of Sal, there are families, who live in poverty close to the glamorous big hotels.

Help is always welcome and a local (taxi-driver, private pickup-driver) knows them, and knows, where they live.

You travel to Boavista, so my information is given to all persons, who have the intention to visit the islands and like to bring some donations with them. 8)

I wrote already a little report about poverty on the islands here in this forum. ➡

Read and give a little help to them, who will be discovered by you during your holidays. Also small and helpful things make them happy. 😛

Ariminum

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.