Holiday advice

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Holiday advice

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  carol 14 years, 7 months ago.

Carol most games of that stature will be shown on Portugese telly which can be picked up in the islands – the Tam Tam in S. Maria will be showing it I would think, ESP if there are 2 English teams in the finals.

Depends how long you are out there as to whether its easier to book flights, tried myself to get inter island flights out there and it was almost impossible to tie up in the timeframe I had – I would suggest you book before you go if its that important!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    carol

We are travelling on a Thomson holiday staying at the Garope hotel on 14/05 and would like help with some information before we go –

Where can we purchase a local sim card as we need to make a few calls due to business and would like to keep the charges down?

We are purchasing in Santiago and are travelling down to look at the development. Cannot decide whether to book the flights in advance or when we get there as we have heard that it is much cheaper to book when we get there. Where can we make the booking if we wait till we arrive?

Last but not least will my other half be able to watch football while we are there as the Champions League Final will be on while we are there.

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated

Carol

tall taff

Hi Carol……… You will be able to purchase a sim card from the CV Telecom building in Santa Maria which is a large white building located adjacent to the Porto Antigo apartment complex. Cost is approx 36 Euro ………. prepare to queue for a while and you will need to have your passport with you.

Mikee has it spot on with the flights. If you’re visit is for a couple of weeks then you could go along to Barracuda Tours as soon after your arrival as possible …….their office is near to the new jetty.

With your back to the jetty and the sea on your right, walk across the large area of open ground toward the buildings that you will see side on. The office in that block.

Football will be shown in a number of places and there is a large screen in Tam Tam’s and May o’ Leary’s Irixh bar.

Enjoy

harvey

Buy the tickets as quick as possible.
    If possible, today.
    H.

Taff
    Why Barracuda Tours.
    You are sure they are as good?
    H.

blackcat

I have been twice in the last 6 months and have not been able to get on additional internal flights when I got there both times so I would book now if you do not want to take the risk. Someone posted somewhere that TACV had a London office now so maybe you could book through them although you may still have to fly with TAP Portugal to do this (via Lisbon) – I am not sure although I think the probability of being able to do this is quite slim. I am still waiting to find out details of Halycon Air – a new airline starting up over there – someone said they should start operating in May.

carol

Thanks everybody for advice. Will book flights asap. Other half alot happier now he knows he will be able to watch the football!!!

brookie

Hi Carol

Where are you buying on Santiago as we are out there from the 7th to 21st May. Might be nice to meet up.

Graham Parker

carol

Hi Graham,

Buying in sambala, but got a package tour to Riu Garope. Now arranged to fly to santiago on the 21st of may visit site and do a small island tour before flying back on the 23rd.

Are you buying in Sambala, where are you staying.

Carol

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.