Halcyon-Air: New airline !

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Halcyon-Air: New airline !

This topic contains 58 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Daniel Daniel 11 years, 8 months ago.

Nice to read this kind of news…

Cailloux

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Replies
    keejah

Despite noting the administrator’s enthusiasm about Halcyonair, I must express my doubts on the mentioned airline.
    First of all, Halcyonair started marketing in 2005, forseeing 2 planes flying between the islands and 40% difference in price compared to TACV.
    The thing is, that too many times, the name of Halcyonair was associated with and used during the local elections, making it a rather weak story of success. So, despite having Halcyonair flying now and selling tickets cheaper than TACV, we all get a bit of a bitter feeling, when looking at today’s facts: Halcyonair started operating only this year, with only 1 aircraft and with only up to 20% difference in price compared to TACV.
    Another issue, that sparkles even more my doubts on the operationability of Halcyonair, is the fact that the handling on the CV airports remains strongly in the hands of TACV. So, whenever you’ll get a TACV and Halcyonair flight arriving at the same time on an airport, you know, who has the priority.
    Don’t get me wrong: I really wish the TACV monopoly would be crashed asap, I just have some serious doubts about Halcyonair being able to do it.

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello,

now we have the timetable for our readers online:

http://www.caboverde24.com/images/Timetable_HCV.pdf

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    Cabo Verde 24 – Serviços, Informática e Internet Lda.
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde
    Tel: +238 – 2 238001
    Fax: +238 – 2 238004
    email: info at caboverde24.com

connorcv

Thanks Daniel. Do you know where we can get the prices from or where we can book ? Their web site is not working

connorcv

Daniel,

I just read on another forum that Halycyon flights are £105 return for the big islands and £75 for Boa Vista (return). Great news. Hope they stay at that price if it is correct. Could you tell me please Daniel how I can book these tickets from England as their website does not work. Thank you

jonny

try **********,website usual start and end

connorcv

Johnny,

I could not find anything about Halcyon Air on that web site ?

Connor

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello Connor,

at the moment ther is still no agency offering Halcyonair Tickets via Internet, but we are working on it, and soon will offer it.

On the website specified above (I removed it, because of not allowed advertising) they do not offer Halcyonair flights.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde

connorcv

Thanks Daniel. Is there a telephone number at the moment so we can make bookings over the telephone ?

Connor

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello Connor,

no telephone booking possible, as you cannot pay your reservation, only possible at airports in Cape Verde.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde

connorcv

Thanks Daniel. I am sure they realise they will lose business this way as noone is going to come from England and risk the flight being full so they will have to pre-book with TACV – even if it is more. I hope the Internet site for booking is running soon. Do you know if those prices were correct – £105 return ?

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello Connor,

all I can say about prices for now is: Sal, Santiago and Sao Vicente from 7.250 CVE and Boavista from 5.000 CVE including taxes for one way, so it seems very approximate to the value you gave.

By the way what are TACV Tickets prices booking from England ?

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde

connorcv

Hello Daniel,

The last time I bought a ticket I think it was about £160 (from Sal to Sao Vicente return).

Thanks

Connor

pete moor

Hi Daniel…

Polly and I arrive on the islands next Tuesday and have booked with C.V. Travel here in the UK and are flying the following sectors….

Sal – Sao Vincente
    Sao Vincente – Sal
    Sal – Sao Nicolau
    Sao Nicolau – Sal

All for cost of £248.50 each…

Looking forward to our hols…

Cheers.

pierre

connorcv

Pierre

Were those flights with TACV ?

Good news people.
    i have some promotional prices from Halcyonar

Sal-Sao Vicente : 5.000$ inc. tax
    return 5.000 $

Sal – Praia :5.000 $ inc. tax
    Praia – Sal: 5.000$

SV -Praia :5.000 $
    return 5.000$

Sal -Boavista : 3.000$
    return :3.000 $

this are between the 6 nad 10 september , various dates

nice

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.