Furniture package – Wot no fridge!

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Ponta Picuda property owners Forum Furniture package – Wot no fridge!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  seagullsslimjim 11 years, 10 months ago.

What good is a fridge with no electricity??
    If you do some basic research (i.e. click on the news links on this website). You will find articles refering to the “promise” by Electra to be able to “hopefully” prevent blackouts in Praia this year similar to the problems that caused civil unrest last year.
    For those of you on Sal the news is not so good because Electra can not guareentee the electricity supply due to “ongoing maintenance issues”.

Regards,

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Replies

Has anyone noticed that there is no fridge included in the package.

Whilst probably not the norm on Santiago, by offering a kitchenette and stove in the apartments, where do you store chilled goods or even bottled water, beer etc, or a bottle of water on your arrival..?!

Just enquiring with the developers, but maybe thats what the plunge pool if for. 🙂

Sunny Sussex goes south

nothing like a constructive response – hope you aren’t a neighbour, but from the dismissive tone i don’t think its your type of place !!

Sunny Sussex goes south

woodfold

Life must be really bleak being so negative jak – I think you must have been in the flat earth society in a former life!

There is 2 years to get the necessary infrastructure developed & even more if you believe all the knockers regarding timescales so all the more time to sort it!

Oh and not to mention the power generation plant

Chill

woodfold

I also clocked the absense of kitchenette equipment but was assured it would contain a hob, microwave, sink, and fridge as would be expected of a 5* rated hotel

Other items like patio furniture were also missing from draft contracts.

I have no concern about things not materialising but they are going in the contract anyway – just to be sure.

Woody

agent

Two years is a very short time to sort out the infrastructure in Cape Verde. Sal has already had 2 years of high profile investment/new developments and the government authorities have passed many new developments (or have they) during this period so they should be fully aware of the requirement of such developments/residents when these are completed. Patience will be required, sure it will come in time……
    JAK I like straight talking neighbours!

Hi Woodfold – i have just been sent the final contract and whilst it includes all of the kitchen bits you mention (and patio furniture), there is no mention of a fridge.

As you say with a 5* hotel, you’d definitely expect it, even a small one for essentials.

Sunny Sussex goes south

woodfold

Hi Seagullsslimjim

Thanks for the warning – I have an e mail direct from the developer listing the contents of the kitchenette which explicitly stated a fridge would be included plus a commitment to add to the contract

I’ll be making sure it gets included

I am aware that certain detail items are still being negotiated between the developer & the hotelier eg the number of TVs but I can’t see how a fridge would get caught up in a similar debate

Let us know how you get on

Woody

jak

Agent,

at least you are a realist! the rest of you will live and learn. I am actually a very optomistic person which is why I became interested in Cape Verde over 2 years ago. However I have spent my time looking at the truth of what is happening on the islands, not some glossy picture painted by an agent with £ signs in their eyes.

Keep dreaming!!

Hi Good neighbours, I have no doubt that your developer is installing an alternative electrical supply i.e. a generator, likewise a refrigerator would be included in your furniture packs, But if not you can source white goods locally in Praia.
    Regards Diver, Sambala future resident.

jak

Hey Guys,

it is unfortunate that the reaction to someone trying to give you sound advice is to resort to petty name calling, however no hard feelings. I just thought you may like to read a quote from todays english version of the Cape Verde online newspaper.

“Cape Verde continues to face serious problems in supplying water and electricity to the population and in the exploration of wells due to the constant rise in the price of petroleum. These problems, according to the INGRH, can be “minimized through the use of renewable energies,” which are an ideal solution for the substitution of fossil fuels and for the improvement of the environment.”

But of course some people will wish to remain ignorant.

Keep dreaming!

agent

JAK. People tend to see only what they want to see when it comes to money/profit. Yes I am a realist, also very passionate about the Islands, I see them as they are and also can see how things have progressed if at all over the last 3 years.
    Your comments are fully backed by the same newpapers that many of us read on a daily basis. If more people such as yourself passed on factual information and these were read into a little further, we would have less moaning/unhappy investors in the years ahead when their developments/dream homes are nearing completion.
    By the way not all agents only see the £ signs!!!

JAK – it was the patrionising reply to my original message that did you no favours, basically implying that i had lacked to do any basic research, and thus insulting my intelligence. (ie regarding blackouts). I agree that people can be sucked in by golden promises, but without knowing an individual you are making a vacuous assumption.

i’ve fully researched it, but guess you’ve never had powercuts in barbados ? – you live with it and they are soon resolved. its not like the 3 day week in 1975 with candles at 6.00pm !

Anyway to all others blind fools who’ve invested , I’ve just had a reply back and fridge and TV are included – both with winder on side to charge up 🙂 – JAK if you’re looking for a job, there could be a market there for you.

Fire alarm, safety deposit box, and air conditioning also included in all properties, and i’m having these specifically written into my contract before signing. The developer suggested that as they are standard items this is why there is no specific mention of them in the contract.

JAK – if you did a bit more basic research you’d read up on the islands progress in exploring all energy options – even a floating nuclear power station on a ship of Russian origin , although i don’t think its called SS Homer Simpson !

Sunny Sussex goes south

agent

Hands up those who have visited the Islands!!

jak

Mr Sunny Essex,

who is being patronising now!! Of course I am aware of the various debates on different sources for energy in Cape Verde. The problem is that they are struggling to provide sufficient energy to meet the needs of their own population.

People talk about generators to supply electricity to developments but this a very expensive and not very satisfactory way of providing electricity. I suggest that you also do some research on water supply.

By the way I have never been to Barbados but I have been to Cape Verde several times.

Keep dreaming!

woodfold

I’m not sure its a good idea to step into this debate but as my humour may have caused some of the fallout I feel I should

Humour does not come across in forums which then seems to lead to over reactions – If my comments earlier in this forum has triggered any of this I am sorry & apologise (particularly to JAK)

We are all involved in the same guessing game of how things will turn out

Its all a question of degrees & an individuals tolerance to risk

Yes: there are significant development issues & no: no one can guarentee the outcome

What we are all doing is trying to balance views of what is promised with what is probable & ultimately what is likely

The problem with that is everyone sees it differently

If there were dead certs in CV, we wouldn’t have the opportunity to bet on the upside

If I had a crystal ball I’d be happy to share the good news – but then maybe I do……. – Oops I’ve slipped into humour again!

Woody

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.