Funana or Garopa?

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Funana or Garopa?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  peter c 11 years, 6 months ago.

Hi Peter

We stayed in the Garopa in April and the only difference we know about is that the beach access is only from the Funana. However when saying this, some of the blocks in the Garopa, including the one we stayed in, are actually closer to beach than some of the ones in the Funana! You can use all the facilities in the Funana anyway but there is no difference. Just take the cheapest deal as otherwise you are wasting money.

Darren

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    peter c

I need to get out to CV in Jan with my wife and daughter and have been looking at prices for hotels etc. The RIU Funana is always more expensive than the Garopa. Does any one know why this is, or have a recommendation for one or the other?

peter c

Thanks Darren.

loggy

peter, i’ve always wandered the same.

one thing i noticed was that the planting was younger at the garopa. therefore the funana pathways were slightly more sheltered and looked more tropical.
    the walk to the beach is not long

mikee

Looking to make another visit to CV around may/june and although I’d rather not stay in the hyper hotels they ARE by far cheaper than going S/C at the moment.

That said, does anyone know if that terrible sickness bug that was going around,(stigella) I believe it was, has diminished from BOTH the hotel complexes ?

mikee

quote:

Originally posted by Mikee

Looking to make another visit to CV around may/june and although I’d rather not stay in the hyper hotels they ARE by far cheaper than going S/C at the moment.

That said, does anyone know if that terrible sickness bug that was going around,(stigella) I believe it was, has diminished from BOTH the hotel complexes ?

Make that shigella [:I]

david morris

quote:

Quote:

bloody hell mikee your a happy chappy!!,but dont fret all those planes full of sneezes should bring some fresh “delicias”

hacker

peter c nobody mentions the hotel crioula its in a far better spot than the Garopa the beach being glorious.I stayed their on my 4 day inspection trip it has a Brazilian feel about it the grounds are very nice the rooms basic but every bit as good as the Garopa and the breakfast was fine.The down side is i think its a little more expensive.

s.harrison

mikee

quote:

Originally posted by david morris

quote:

Quote:

bloody hell mikee your a happy chappy!!,but dont fret all those planes full of sneezes should bring some fresh “delicias”

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too Mr M [:D]

Believe me shigella is a trifle worse than the colds and bugs one picks up on aeroplanes .. you would be on the toilet for a week – nasty bug[:I][:I]

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.