flying from dublin

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum flying from dublin

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  colmh 11 years, 10 months ago.

I think you can get a Ryanair flight from Dublin to Manchester & then get a flight to Sal with Astraeus or Thomsonfly.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    colmh

I have bought in djadsal moradias block B and envisage competition around May. I want to fly to sal for a long weekend but can’t work out how to fly from Dublin. Is there anyone out there who has made a weekend trip and how did you do it.

Cheers.

lemanistan

I think the problem is that you want to just do a long weekend. The only way really is to fly Dublin to Lisbon and then Lisbon to Sal. TAP/TACV are the only carrier that travel more than once a week. I warn you though. That will take you 12 hours each way.

lemanistan

The other thing to note is that TAP change to their summer schedule in April I think. This will obviously mean that you shouldn’t base your trip on the current days/times. Their flytap website easy enough to use.

jbmcgrath1

Hi Colmh,
    as Iemanistan states the Dublin-Lisbon-Sal route would seem to be the most suited to your plans but having traveled that way twice I would sugest that the minimum stay you should plan for is 5days. Left Dublin at 7-30am arrived Sal Midnight local time having spent a very pleasant day sightseing in Lisbon. (I think there may be an earlier Lisbon-Sal flight now) On the return trip you leave Sal at around 1am local time and with a couple hours stopover in Lisbon you are back in Dublin for lunch. So as you can see you really need to allow 2 days for traveling.
    Most of the routes through the UK involve either 1 or 2 overnight stays. Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Bernard

tony dempsey

HI COLMH , HAVING DONE THIS ROUTE MANY TIMES I WOULD GO AERLINGUS TO LISBON AND THEN WITH TAP OR TACV TO SAL, IF YOU LOOK AT THE TAP WEBSITE YOU CAN USE THERE CODESHARE PARTNERS TACV ON CERTAIN DAYS AND CATCH THE EARLIER FLIGHT TO SAL ,I THINK THE WAIT IS ONLY ABOUT 2 HOURS BUT THESE TIME CHANGE VERY OFTEN SO HAVE A CLOSE LOOK BEFORE YOU BOOK, ON THE RETURN THE 1 AM FLIGHT BAVK TO LISBON IS FINE AS THE WAIT AGAIN IS ONLY ABOUT 2 HOURS BACK TO DUBLIN, NOT ANY EASY JOURNEY FOR ONLY A FEW DAYS AS I HAVE DONE IT A FEW TIME AND YOU WILL BE KNACKERED BUT ITS WORTH THE JOURNEY, PRICE WISE IT ALWAYS COSTS ME ANYWHERE FROM €800 -€ 1200 DEPENDING ON THE DAYS OF THE WEEK AND TIME OF THE YEAR, IF YOU LOOK AT LISBON AIRPORT FOR THE TACV PHONE NO THEY WILL TELL YOU THE TIME FOR WHEN YOU WANT BUT SOMETIMES I THINK THE DONT KNOE THEMSELFS, BECAUSE OF THE COST YOU SHOULD STAY FOR AT LEAST A WEEK OR TWO THE PRICE WILL BE THE SAME, ENJOY YOUR TRIP !!

tony dempsey

lemanistan

I’m sure I saw somewhere very recently that TAP are just about to offer promotions on the Lisbon to Cape Verde routes. They saw a 25% increase in passenger numbers last year, so they’re putting on more flights. I guess the offer is designed to fill these extra trips.

jbmcgrath1

True TAP have put on an extra flight but it leaves at 10am and the flight from Dublin does not land till 09.55 so a day in Lisbon is still on the cards. The prices however have come down I have today priced a trip from the 20th to the 29th of May @ €529 per person Dublin-Lisbon-Sal return. This can vary day to day but this is the cheapest I have come across in the last 2years. Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Bernard

cbrman6

quote:

Originally posted by jbmcgrath1

True TAP have put on an extra flight but it leaves at 10am and the flight from Dublin does not land till 09.55 so a day in Lisbon is still on the cards. The prices however have come down I have today priced a trip from the 20th to the 29th of May @ #8364;529 per person Dublin-Lisbon-Sal return. This can vary day to day but this is the cheapest I have come across in the last 2years. Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Bernard

hello jb would it be possible to get a name and contact no for that qoute as i am going out in april for a look before i take the plunge and any advise would be gratefull too and thanks

jbmcgrath1

Hi cbrman,
    Just log on to the aerlingus and then the tapportugal sites.
    Keep your dates and the length of your trip flexible so you can match up the cheepest on both legs.

Cheers

Bernard

cbrman6

quote:

Originally posted by jbmcgrath1

Hi cbrman,
    Just log on to the aerlingus and then the tapportugal sites.
    Keep your dates and the length of your trip flexible so you can match up the cheepest on both legs.

Cheers

Bernard

hello jb thank you for swift reply much appriciated

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.