Flights on Monarch

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Flights on Monarch

This topic contains 30 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  alinbucks 11 years, 10 months ago.

Hope not. Prefer companies which quote an inclusive ticket price – not add £20 for a suitcase, £12 for a plate of rubbish to eat and £12 each for you and your partner to sit next to each other

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Replies
    alinbucks

I was looking on the Cape Verde experience website at their Winter 08/09 scedule and they appear to be using Monarch Airlines. Does this mean that Astraeus will be dropping their Sal flight?

lemanistan

From what I hear, Astraeus have pulled their flights to Sal from this Summer and TACV have cancelled their Stanstead – Sal route until further notice.

The good news is that the TACV direct flight to Praia should be restarting after Easter. I guess those going to Sal will have to rely on Thomson and other package deal carriers in the future.

jonny

I am trying to find out what is happening with Astraeus. It would not appear logical to drop the flight, Astraeus were looking to expand to Boa Vista before christmas, so whats happened?

Thomson are starting a new flight from brimingham in November.

Would Monarch fly direct or are talking via lisbon?

alinbucks

The Monarch flight is direct and says Monarch (charter) in the winter timetable on the summer it says Astraeus (scheduled). I wonder what aircraft they will use.

Also noticed that Thomson have dropped the “Premium” service from the Sal flight from next winter. Does this mean they are moving to a 28″ seat pitch aircraft?

Not surprised TACV have dropped their flight as it was difficultto book i.e. no online website or online travel agent!

lemanistan

Perhaps Astraeus are being squeezed out by the charter flight companies.

Here’s some figures to help out(stats provided by ASA)
    Total number of passengers carried by Astreus 2006: 4.926 in 2007 increased to 30.688 witch means an increase of: 523%
    Thonpsonfly last year had 38.197 passengers so let’s see this year.

i heard that Monarch are talking over but don’t know the reason.

alinbucks

Astraeus have dropped the flights because they have sub let 2 of their 757’s on a 2 year lease. I read that they had dropped their Canadian flights too. Capeverde experience are using Thomson throughout the summer so that may mean that there are less flights this summer than last. Capacity picks up again in November.

jak

Astraeus only started flying to Sal on November 2nd 2006 if you are comparing 2006 and 2007 figures

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello,

somebody here can confirm, that Atraeus is currently really flying to Boa Vista as it says at their Website ?
    Bye the way there they also announce that they won´t fly Cape Verde anymore from 30th April 2008.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    Cabo Verde 24 – Serviços, Informática e Internet Lda.
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde
    Tel: +238 – 2 238001
    Fax: +238 – 2 238004
    email: info at caboverde24.com

jwynne

Astraeus are definately flying to Boa Vista. Just purchased tickets via Teleticket.

Hi a colleague of mine flew into Boa vista then onto Sal during the wind surfing championships a couple of weeks ago, it would appear that they are still flying down to CV. and the previous post would seem to confirm this.
    Regards Diver

Daniel
    Daniel

Thanks for your informations.

So now it would be interesting to know if and where Monarch is announcing that they will take over the flights from 30th April on ?
    Anybody knows ?

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde

jak

Daniel,

I spoke to Monarch a few weeks ago to ask the same question and they told me they would not start flying down to Cape Verde until the winter season (November) at the earliest. I too am interested in any further updates.

JAK

Daniel
    Daniel

Hello Jak,

thanks for the information, that means there will be a couple of months with no direct flights UK-CV ? Sounds not so good…

Best regards,
    Daniel

Director
    CP. 4, Paúl, Santo Antão
    Cabo Verde

smiffy

Hi,

I believe that TACV is starting weekly flights to Santiago from Manchester in April.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.