flight costs

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mike114 14 years, 8 months ago.

quote:

anyone noticed how the flight prices are creeping up, not much change from £400 for a return ticket,none at all if you count the cost of a visa, don’t think many are going to pay that sort of money and then rent an apartment on top of that. I see lots of empty apartments

Correct Mike and Thomsons seem to be charging the most for flights

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
    alberio

thats right mike114. and soon there will be direct charter flights from italy to sal rei. i’ve read that if all hotel rooms are booked in b.v., the number of tourists will outnumber locals.

pinto

quote:

Was looking to go out again in april, as you say £800 + for flights another £400 accommodation making £1200, booked a week in Gran Canaria for £370 TOTAL for 2 people (where it will be 24 – 26 degrees) no contest. And thats from someone who has an interest in CV – its a 3rd world country still BUT with 1st world prices unfortunately and it WILL put people off going there (maybe winter months excepted)

Any person who does not want to waste money would do the same.
    In April Gran Canaria is as good as CV.

phils

April well thats 1 month of the year what about the other eleven ?

pf

mikee

quote:

pf

Whilst I agree the weather isn’t as good as CV I’ve been there in november and a january as well as midsummer and never had bad weather, maybe I was just lucky. No where near as windy as Sal either

What this discussion is about is the high cost to get to CV .. totally unjustified IMO for a 5 1/2 flight and that will be the defining reality for a prosperous tourism market (from the UK anyway)

alberio

is tacv the only regularly scheduled airline flying from the uk?

mikee

quote:

is tacv the only regularly scheduled airline flying from the uk?

They only fly via Lisbon .. the ONLY direct one is Astraeus

canty

quote:

pf

March-November, Canary Islands have almost perfect weather.

During the winter it is a bit cooler but with luck one can find 1 week with good weather. There are also plenty of people who want to go skiing over the winter so they do not want too warm weather…

johnno

How much are flights from Italy guys ?

Anyone know ?

irenas

you have regular flights every weeekend from Venice to Lisbon with Air Portugal and from Lisbon to Sal with TACV – quot. from 500 till 620 EUR, it depends of the period you are traveling, then you have charters every wendesday from Milan (Neoss) also with the super last minute option .- quot. from 233 till 333€ -possible booking 1 week prior departure max. With Jumbo tours in Santa Maria you can book also the flights but I know the quot. just for one way ticket dept. from Verona to Sal which is at the moment 235€.

Irena

bajeb

Current cost of flights to Cape Verde for 1 week only £265! (Including all taxes direct from Manchester) Our 1 bedroom apt in Porto Antigo cost £300 for the week so all in all I think a pretty godd deal. Unfortunately we bought our tickets a few weeks before for £360 but both prices I feel are very reasonable. BajeB

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.