Dunas and the Resort Group

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Dunas and the Resort Group

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  boarda7 6 years, 7 months ago.

I would welcome the views from other owners on Dunas as I am getting some questionable information.
    There is considerable pressure from the Resort Group to complete on my apartment on Dunas although the resort will not be ready until late 2013.
    TRG has advertised Dunas properties to be rented by the Melia group, I now am told by TRG that they do not know how many properties will be needed for the rental scheme and that inclusion in it is not guaranteed.
    Does anyone believe their valuations for properties on Dunas,as agents seem to have much more sobering figures in mind
    Comments and experiences very welcome

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    fredster

i think TRG are out of contract, they had 30 months to complete the resort from the issue of the construction licence dated december 2007. look at clause 8 of the promissory contract and let me know what you think..

fredster

There is also no provision for force majeure in clause 8 of the promissory contract; force majeure is only metioned in clause 7 which relates to modifications to the unit. TRG are claiming force majeure on 2 counts.

any investors who are not happy please pm me

carlowill

I want to know what exactly is written in clause 7. Why there is still confusion between clause 7 and clause 8?

timberland shoes online

fredster

clause 7 refers to changes to the unit, eg supply problems with finish materials.

jcc

I have just come across this site as I am desperately looking for a way out from the Resort Group and Dunas beach. I have had similar experiences, I question the valuations, there may be a limit to those who can rent through Melia, they have outrageously bumped up the furniture cost (did you know the director of Resort Group also owns a furniture shop in CV?) and they want to tie people into a very long contract. All in all it seems the goalposts have changed but I am struggling to find a loophole in the contract to be able to get out. In UK law it may be invalid as it doesn’t have an end date. Anyone interested in grouping together and seeing if we can get money back?

trampoline

Hi JCC and all

I am at the end of my tether with all this 🙁 , we purchased on Dunas in 2008 and as you say all the goal post are moving. How can I get in contact with you? btw you all seem to have different contract to me… my clause 7 is ‘public deed of purchase and sale’ and 8 is ‘inspection to the unit’ maybe mine is older than yours?

esajalmari

@trampoline wrote:

Hi JCC and all

I am at the end of my tether with all this 🙁 , we purchased on Dunas in 2008 and as you say all the goal post are moving. How can I get in contact with you? btw you all seem to have different contract to me… my clause 7 is ‘public deed of purchase and sale’ and 8 is ‘inspection to the unit’ maybe mine is older than yours?

esajalmari

@bund wrote:

I would welcome the views from other owners on Dunas as I am getting some questionable information.
    There is considerable pressure from the Resort Group to complete on my apartment on Dunas although the resort will not be ready until late 2013.
    TRG has advertised Dunas properties to be rented by the Melia group, I now am told by TRG that they do not know how many properties will be needed for the rental scheme and that inclusion in it is not guaranteed.
    Does anyone believe their valuations for properties on Dunas,as agents seem to have much more sobering figures in mind
    Comments and experiences very welcome

boarda7

we’d love to hear what has been happening to existing investors or concerns of potential investors in relation to TRG on our new facebook page – action against the resort group

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.