currency

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tomsha45 14 years, 7 months ago.

Quote:
    Hello
    Can anyone tell me what is the best currency to take to C.V. I have been told US Dollars travellers cheques are best.
    Anyone help

[/quote
    _____________________________________________________________________________

DEFF NOT .. take euros and change into CVEscudos once there

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    tomsha45

Hello
    Can anyone tell me what is the best currency to take to C.V. I have been told US Dollars travellers cheques are best.
    Anyone help

tracey24

Best to take a cash card and draw escudos out of bank machines if possible (provided that you don’t have to pay hefty charges through your bank, of course!). Noticed on last visit that many retailers are only giving 100 escudos to the Euro, which means that you are getting poor value when spending Euros.

However, I agree with Mikee – if you are going to take currency, take Euros. They are accepted everywhere.

mikee

quote:

Best to take a cash card and draw escudos out of bank machines if possible (provided that you don’t have to pay hefty charges through your bank, of course!). Noticed on last visit that many retailers are only giving 100 escudos to the Euro, which means that you are getting poor value when spending Euros.

However, I agree with Mikee – if you are going to take currency, take Euros. They are accepted everywhere.

Best thing about Euros you CAN use them there but as Tracey says they only equate the CVE to 100 against one euro in restaurants etc, which is not good value, whereas when you change them in a bank you get around 110 to the euro

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.