Construction Update

This topic contains 80 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  optiontrader 12 years, 7 months ago.

Elsewhere we read of apparent difficulties in sourcing/importing materials & shortages of labour – The dream only becomes reality once a finished article is available

Does anyone have a view on how these issues will be overcome or how much they threaten the sporty 2009 completion date for the first hotel release?

RAP

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
    andrewgreen

Hi Optiontrader

It’s been some (hectic) time…
    Central, but they believe S to be better (thus more expensive)
    Looking forward for a beer (or a few)

Andrew

brookie

Hi Diver

If you are in Sambala does that mean you are an owner there as well. If so bring back loads of photos to post on the friends site

Graham Parker

further construction photos – looking good

see page 2 of this thread for my link to the website

Sunny Sussex goes south

optiontrader

Hi gang:- Do we make the next stage payment(any news anybody) to “Vilas Oceanicas” or “Design Resorts”.

yelki

I suspect they’ll make sure we’re very clear on that when the time comes!

optiontrader

Hi Anielka:- Too true,and its good to hear from you.

Where are you’s going for your holidays this year,I believe you’s went to the Caribbean last year.I think we will struggle to get a holiday in Ponta Bicuda before the middle of 2010,although I hope I am wrong.

Terry.

yelki

[Hi Optiontrader

Skiing twice so far this year as we have a house in Canada. Going again at Easter. We like our holidays which is why we bought in Ponta Bicuda!

optiontrader

Hi Anielka:- Skiing a couple of times this year,holiday retreat in Canada,probably a couple of weeks in the summer..somewhere hot.and there’s me struggling to get 3 days in “Scarborough”

optiontrader

Hi gang:- Construction update(5)is now available on the Ponta Bicuda blog.

yelki

Hi Everyone!

I’m not very technical but I cannot find a link to the blog for any construction update. Any clues as to how to do so? Anyone closer there got any further updates as to progress? As no-one has posted for PB recently I just thought I’d also revive the topic!

optiontrader

Hi Anielka:- If you google Ponta Bicuda Blog you will see Cape Verde Delux properties just click on that.

They have updates regarding Cape Verde regulary though the last construction photo is Sept 24th,expect to get an updated construction photo anytime.

Terry.

yelki

Terry

Many thanks for the info! It definitely doesn’t look like we’ll have to part with any more monies until well into 2010. So more time to hope that things settle down economically for the final 60%. For those of us who have opted for the 4 bed villa it’s going to be costly!

Also, I read somewhere that as the sales of plots have petered out they are just going to build houses as they are sold. That does give a concern that the area is likely to be an ongoing building site for many years to come.

Anielka

optiontrader

Hi Anielka:- With the so called “Credit Crunch” properties are selling very slowly on all developments. When it ends, sooner rather later we hope, properties will then start selling and Cape Verde with 12 months sun per year will be one of the first to benefit.

Ponta Bicuda have stated that they are only going to build the 3 communities that they have sold and build the others when properties start selling again,so really it will only be a building site while the “Credit Crunch” lasts which we all hope is not too long.

As you say your 60% deeds payment is going to take longer than expected and seeing its going to be a costly one,lets hope by then we can buy a lot more euro’s with our pound’s.

Terry.

hammersteve

Hi. Does anyone have any idea about the current sales levels on the development ? I am assuming that the initial completion date I was given of mid 2010 is probably a bit optimistic in this climate. Does anyone have any sort of update on this ?

optiontrader

Hi hammersteve:- Just had a look on the interactive map(Ponta Bicuda home page + search available properties)and at the moment its showing:-

COLADERA They have sold 34 Villas,have 17 for sale and have a number unavailable.

TEDJU They have sold 52 Villas,have 13 for sale and only 1 unavailable.

COR di MAR They do not show the sold and for sale because it has 4 floors,however I believe they have sold in excess 0f 160 apartments.

Regarding current sales as stated previously until we see the back of the “Credit Crunch” all sales are slow on the five continents. However Revelium are marketing properties aggressively on behalf of Ponta Bicuda.

Regarding the time scale to construct Ponta Bicuda,we have a local ASDA that has just began construction and is due to open in October 2009…6 months. Ponta Bicuda may take a little longer than that as they are only constructing 3 communities until sales improve.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.