Construction Update

This topic contains 80 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  optiontrader 10 years, 8 months ago.

Elsewhere we read of apparent difficulties in sourcing/importing materials & shortages of labour – The dream only becomes reality once a finished article is available

Does anyone have a view on how these issues will be overcome or how much they threaten the sporty 2009 completion date for the first hotel release?

RAP

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
    optiontrader

Construction is due to start in 4 months, lets hope there is no delays.

Expect to see Ponta Bicuda change the terms of payment once construction starts….it is 10%,10%,20%,60% now, maybe 20%,30%,50% in 2008.

optiontrader

Hi Woody:- Sambala is probably the first major development in Santiago, and considering the size of the development its not too far behind schedule.

Ponta Bicuda will have had a year to plan, so providing there is no unforseen problems, it should deliver on time.

woodfold

Hi Optiontrader,

I was a little surprised at the fairly unspecific build specification which was annexed to the main contract we received – In particular, with both of us being 3rd floor owners, the possible use of insulated ply board as a roofing material was a surprise to me & may be to you also – I’m sure when it comes to the build, it will be a quality affair befitting a 5 star operation but it certainly didn’t increase my confidence

Woody

optiontrader

Hi Woody:- I must admit I did not check the outside materials, only the inside.

I am assuming its because they do not get snow, ice and very little rain-fall, although I know nothing about the building side of things.

tim

It’s true that plyboard might be adequate for the climate , but shouldn’t you have checked that out first ? tim .

optiontrader

Well lads(and lassies), three month to the expected start of construction. The sooner we get it built the sooner the Ponta Bicuda All Stars will be able to play Sambala.

optiontrader

Hi Ponta Bicuda owners:- 2 months to the start of construction.

I am assuming we will need an engineers report before we pay the next instalment, which is 1 month after the start of construction. Has anybody been in this position before, on another development.

nice to get the general update e-mail this afternoon.

have suggested that they should set up a web cam as such a large premium development

Sunny Sussex goes south

further to the e-mail above – for info here’s the reply to a couple of questions that i asked re Tedju village and a webcam …

“Thank you for your question and smart suggestion.

The third stage payment is due one month after the construction of the resort hotel where your property is inserted. We won’t start with one specific property for Tedju; we’ll start building all at the same time. In terms of timing, we won’t commence before the end of the year (the installation will take roughly one and a half months).

Your suggestion of a webcam is something we have already planned for. It makes no sense to set it up now, but after the commencement of the works it’s logical to have online images of the construction.”

Kind regards,

João Távora
    Head of Communication

Sunny Sussex goes south

optiontrader

Looking at the above post it looks as though construction may not start until the new-year.

We will probably get an update from Joao Tavora(head of communications) shortly, as he did state he would be e-mailing investors every two months.

latest update !!

>>>> Reading Time 2 minutes <<<<

Dear Sir/Madam:

It’s now two months since we were last in contact and once again we would like to bring you up-to-date with the good news on the Ponta Bicuda project.

Over recent months we have managed to complete an ambitious programme of sales and media events. For example, we had exhibitions in Essen, Utrecht, Lisbon, London and Belfast, and we have participated in numerous marketing and public relations events.
    As a result, and going against the current trends of the sub-prime crisis, the success of our investment products has been clearly leveraged by the security of the guaranteed return and ease of use. We are also celebrating an important milestone as we have now surpassed our marketing plan by quite some margin; total sales are now in excess of 50,000,000.00 €. We would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate all our first investors and to express our gratitude, for the trust they placed in us.
    Looking more closely at the sales results of the three resorts: at Tedju, only 15 villas remain to be sold, thus concluding sales in this hotel six months earlier than planned. At the Cor di Mar, 152 apartments have already been sold, which reflects the success of this high potential product. At Coladera, casa Grandi has proved to be a clear sales success, particularly with regard to the British market, only six villas remain to be sold.
    With these results and the start of construction scheduled for the end of this month, there will be a price increase for our remaining houses on 15th December.
    Last, but not the least, TACV – Cape Verde Airlines is now operating a direct flight from London to Praia.

Sunny Sussex goes south

lemanistan

I heard at the weekend that the Praia flight might not continue for much longer. Not only because they’re averaging less than 10 passengers per flight but also because TACV are planning to use that aircraft for a different route. (Not sure how true that is)

Mind you, it doesn’t look like PB visitors will be using the flights anytime soon anyway.

hammersteve

I think that the flights need the Sambala and Ponta Bicuda developments before they become viable. Don’t panic, these are large scale developments that will be fetching people in from all over Europe. Thinking about our investment makes these winter nights a bit more bearable!!!!! Hope that you are all well and that you are all enjoying your winter nets !!

brookie

I have seen that Vila verde has had delay problems due to them using the local sand. Do you know where the sand and water is coming from for Ponta Picuda.

Sea sand and salty water are a no no for construction work.

Graham Parker

lemanistan

Direct flight from Stanstead to Praia is to be pulled until mid 2008 apparently. Not sure where that arbitrary date comes from. Probably the same TACV brainstorming group that decided to start it back in October.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.