Christmas/NY accommodation problems?

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Christmas/NY accommodation problems?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  louiseinsenegal 11 years, 7 months ago.

Of the 4 islands you mention Fogo particularly does tend to have a lot of returning immigrants that come over from the US in December. This may make accommodation and internal flights quite full.

If you’re in Sao Vicente check out Windelo Hotel. I’ve stayed there a couple of times and it’s the best small hotel I’ve been to in CV. Superb views of the bay and really clean and comfortable rooms. I seem to remember that the rooms are very affordable too – approx €50 per night. Not sure about that though so need to give them a call.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies

I’m planning a holiday in CV from 21 December – 5 January (vague itinerary Santiago – San Vicente – Santo Antao – Fogo, maybe also one of the flat sandy islands), but am concerned about finding myself with no accommodation at Christmas, and maybe also New Year.
    Does anyone know if small pensions tend to close during those periods? Or alternatively can anyone advise where might be the best of those places to aim to be at those times? I’m not particularly interested in celebrating them, just want to make sure I can find somewhere to stay!
    Thanks

Louise

agentyumi

My family stayed in Pestana Tropico Hotel last June when we visited CV. We had a great stay there; I really love the marvelous view over the ocean. It is very near from Praia’s International Airport. Another thing that I appreciate during our stay is their restaurant, forgot the name, they presents a wide variety of capeverdian, portuguese and international cuisine. I hope I could go back there.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.