Cape Verde Travel – Vila Verde

Forums Cape Verde – Property / Invest Forum Vila Verde property owners forum Cape Verde Travel – Vila Verde

This topic contains 58 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  stevec 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Replies
    stevec

I have just seen that Cape Verde Travel are selling Vila Verde holidays. EG 7 nights self catering in November – 2 bed £765 adult £439 child

jbmcgrath1

I cannot see to many takers at that kind of money. I think they are setting the bar far to high. Aprox €2360 for 2adults& 1 child. I am sure one could put together something cheaper than that especially from the UK. Of the top of my head €450 for a 1bed 3 flights at say €500pp only comes to €1950 which equates to €650pp or £543pp. Which is in my opinion is around the kind of price that self catering is going to have come in at to take on the all in market with flights at there current prices.

Cheers,

Bernard

worwilly

RIU Price

Per person£580 Total price £2,319
    Includes web saving-£322
    Deposit £88pp
    Mon 15 Nov 10,
    7 nights London Gatwick flights
    FAMLY OF 4
    All Inclusive
    Coach transfer included

TOTAL £2,319 for a family of 4

Plus are they the new flights anounced ? I’m sure it’s a 10 hour flight too.

worwilly

Mucked up the above based it on 4 for some reason, but its still cheaper. They need to sit down and do the sums agin, especially if it is a 10 hour flight too.

For 2 adults and 1 child

Per person£584
    Total price£1,752
    Includes web saving-£324
    Deposit £117pp Mon 15 Nov 10,
    7 nights London Gatwick flights
    Twin room sleeps 3
    All Inclusive
    Coach transfer included

Thats not an offer it’s normal prices.

Self Catering should in my opinion be a few hundred less, for food alone !

stevec

WW,

It doesnt look to me as though they are the 10 hour flights. They are offered by Cape Verde Experience – VV is being sold by Cape Verde Travel. Plus the flight times from Gatwick look like normal flight times. Some would be prepared to pay more for Self Catering. Personally I have stayed five star AI – fantastic food – accomodation and resort could not be faulted but just did not like the manufactured feel to it.

worwilly

Steve, what I’m saying is Forget the competition factor, Room Only is un-tested, in Sal, and to get the punters going it should have been offered at a lower rate to start off, thats all. As you say many love the room only deal and the freedom it brings, but at those prices, compared to the RIU whats stopping people going to the RIU and treating it like a room only deal, doing whatever they want and using it just as a base.

Money today is an influencing factor for a family going on holiday.

I think those prices will put people off that had maybe hoped to go there. Also hope your right about the flights, as to me, it would be a nightmare cramped in the plane for 10 hours.

ontoyou

ww, you’re not comparing like with like.

a 2 bed 1000 sq ft apt with a large living area and kitchen and 2 seperate bedrooms, a bathroom and an ensuite is not the same as a room with 2 double beds and a kettle a la rui.

a family of four adults, or four adult friends, or 2 adult couples etc would need 2 double rooms at the rui.

there’s also personal taste and money factors.

a family of 2 adults and 2 kids might prefer the rui or might prefer the space and freedom offered at vv.

it won’t always come down to money.
    the average cv holidaying family is likely to wealthier than the norm.
    it is not a bargain bucket and spade destination.

just because it’s more expensive than sc in other countries or all inc at the rui doesn’t mean that the prices are too high or that no one will go.

worwilly

IF indeed this is the deal from Tecnicil ! What on earth made them choose Cape Verde Experience ? They have always been known to be expensive, very expensive.

Was any buyers informed of this ? even to say you’ll be getting your rent that we owe you shortly as VV is opening in November. Oh and you’ll start paying Charges from then.

How many Units will be available ? as if holiday makers are going to a ghost town, some will be asking for money back !

Does anyone know anything about those well kept a secret Service Charges ? Will you know before it opens ?

Lets hope this is not another mess by Tecnicil, they must be due to get something right.

dubberboy

OnToYou “sal cape verde is not a bucket and spade destination”

LOL

what is it then,, a sightseeing experience, a dining extravaganza, a yachting experience,

“your average CV client is wealthier than the norm”

not sure i’m following you at all here,,,are you mixing it up with barbados or antigua

from what ive seen when ive been to sal most staying at the rui (majority of holiday makers there) dont venture out of the confines of the riu because theyve only got a tenner in spending money

i’m not knocking it, ive been 6 times, but i think you need to get real here

a bucket and spade holiday is exactly what it is

stevec

WW,

Its not Cape Verde Experience – its Cape Verde Travel (different companies). Yes lets hope its not the ten hours – somehow I cannot see those flights taking off unless they are very cheap. And if someone does it once, I doubt they would do it again if the plane is a Thompsons.

ontoyou

you know exactly what i mean dboy.

sal can’t and is not trying to compete with cheap packages in turkey, spain, egypt, bulgaria, canaries etc.

sal is a more expensive destination. people who holiday there are more affluent than those who holiday in bulgaria in july/august.

a relatively more well off family will pay £4k for four in cave verde in winter. the same family is unlikely to spend a week in blackpool or benidorm in august.
    this family may prefer a week in vv to a week in the rui and if so will not worry overly about paying a few hundred pounds extra for the privilege.

a family that chooses a cheap package holiday in turkey etc would favour the rui in sal over vv if the rui is cheaper but this family would not be going to sal in the first place because it is purely interested in the cheapest price with guaranteed sun and sea in the summer eg turkey etc.

you prefer barbados, no problem, but there is demand for holidays in cape verde too.

dubberboy

i didnt say i prefer barbados, (although if both cost the same i would)

if i had a holiday budget for me and the mrs of say 6K p.a i would do 4.5k in the carribbean and 1.5k in c.v

I just dont agree re ya bucket and spade comments, nor do i agree that it appeals to your better off holiday makers

i spend a week in fuerteventura kitesurfing 18 montsh ago, it cost me more than a week at the riu by the time youve added meals and drinks,,it was also in surfers type accommodation (basic as u get)

worwilly

OTU, god only knows who your expecting to stay in VV !!!

VV has competition from Egypt in the winter months and going on VV prices they have lost hands down. There is NOTHING on Sal to even look at unless you think a tunnel leading through to a Salt Flat is a tourist attraction !

I hope VV is Full with this opening date, if Tecnicil can get it ready, but at those prices, I think hardly anyone will go there. Why are they going the Expensive Way, their Own Management Company, Small Travel Agents, What Planes will be used ?

Lots of Question Marks here and Very Little information coming from Tecnicil. Typical Tecnicil, if they can’t make the November deadline they can say, we didn’t announce anything !!!

The New flights were Gambia Flights, but Sal was added on.

stevec

I love Egypt but will not go if its above 30 degrees.

worwilly

Christmas & New Year always 28, it’s a great heat to play volley ball if you want !

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.