block D

This topic contains 452 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  one john 5 years, 7 months ago.

I Have friends over there and they assure me that they are working flat out to finish block D for xmas.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 452 total)
  • Replies

Hi

We to are investors in Block D – and have been searching for some forums that will allow us to share information and maybe join forces.

Be very interested to hear about developments in Block D – it’s been so long we are growing weary of the endless excuses and evasions – the simplist thing is that Turinvest have (certainly for Block D) had sufficient money to finish – all the reasons for delays have now gone; high oil price – now back to $76/b, port restraints – many developers have stopped work so demand reduced, sand not available – now resolved. Cannot argue that materials costs have gone up as most manufactures are struggling to sell so offer discounts, shipping has spare capacity…… need I go on – so what’s stopping Turinvest and ultimately Stefanina Gp completing private investor builds?

Mike & Louise

gooner69

Christine
    hope you have a good trip
    would love to see the photos and hear how well or badly the progress of the block is going and especially any information from turinvest
    please tell where and when you post the photos

chez

mike

no stress
    the end is in sight we will be in the apartments in 2010

chez

Chez

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Let’s all hope 2010 sees some real improvements as a great many of us have really stuck with Turinvest.

As that old saying goes; ‘when the going gets tough, the tough get going’.

Like many I to want to have a decent place and am prepared to wait a bit – what I am seeing is an unfortunate and sustained pattern that may well spill-over into the next chapters of ownership.
    The behavior from Turinvest (and the parent group) is one that might all too easily fall under the headings of – disdain and contempt – as a lot of us have ploughed in many €0,000’s; Turinvest and Stefanina Gp developments appear to have shot-up at some speed – the private investors seem to be quite a long way back in the queue.

That other expression also comes to mind – ‘don’t bite the hand that feeds’, and, as I see it private investors are what constitute the foundations of Stefanina Gp’s business and that’s (with the other developers) a meaty part of the inward investment into CV. I’d like to see a bit of the corporate social responsibility quoted variously by the Stefanina Gp web-site flow on down to those of us who are salivating over every crumb of information that is occasionally flicked off the table for our gullible consumption.

Best wishes

Mike

Mike & Louise

gooner69

Have just been informed now that it will be Sept 2010 (maybe !!!!) I am trying to keep the faith – but it is getting harder and harder. I want to use with my children – they will all be grown up with there own families by the time i can use !!!

Gooner69

Can you share your source?

Only 10 days ago we were told by an agent it was June 2010.

Turinvest remained silent on e-mails sent to clarify our newly notified date of – June 2010.

Best wishes

Mike & Louise

chez

mike and louise
    gooner69

june 2010 was the date but it was always going to over run with the way things have been over the last couple of years
    but turinvest are delivering block c we are next in block d.
    turinvest are not best in keeping us informed but they are still building which is more than can be said for a lot of places in cape verde

keep the faith we will be in the sunshine in 2010

chez

Chez

Please help – how come you (if you are a buyer) are so much better informed than the hundreds of others out there? Can the rest of us be let in on this flow of up-to-date information – and where does it come from?

How do you know that Turinvest are still building Block D, how do you know that they were always going to over-run on the June 2010 date, how do you know that they will definitely complete in 2010 – many many questions – but there again your confidence suggests great insight and knowledge that is coming from somewhere.

Why would people keep the faith if the developer cannot even send the odd e-mail update – after all what does an e-mail cost these days?

Best wishes

Mike & Louise

gooner69

i sent an email to turinvest and they replied with an email stating the latest september date, but they still will not confirm what appliances we will get and compensation for differences against the original furniture packs.

Gooner69

I have the original list (can share that if you want) – are you saying that even the ‘pack’ which was pretty comprehensive (and for me was a real plus in that development) is yet another thing that’s being fudged by these guys?

Best wishes

Mike & Louise

gooner69

yes – i know that the ovens were not included in block C (which they should have ) and they will not confirm or deny wether they will be included in our block. But I will reduce my final payment to cover any items not supplied and the fitting costs and have the apartment put as i signed for. I am not worried about it but another nause factor.
    phil

chez

mike and louise

not getting my information from any where just gut instinct
    i started the buying process in 2007 and it is not to much of a problem for me with the delays as it will give me longer to get the final payment together we have however changed blocks from e to d last month as block e is to far away to be finished and the wife is getting impatient but block c is being handed over now and the photos on this site show a great improvement
    you have got to remember that there are plenty of developments that have had no work on or even not started
    thats why i am not getting to hot and bothered when i go over in july i am hoping to see block d nearing completion

keep the faith

chez

chez

mike and louise

we are all frustrated at the delay`s but you have got yo take into account what`s happening elsewhere with the action groups etc
    turinvest will have to offer you something off the final payment as i believe they have with the block b buyers so relax and don`t get to stressed about it i take it you have been to cape verde so you will know that things take time and it will come good in the end and you will get some compo i`m sure

chez

one john

Just got back from a week visiting Djadsal and a couple of meetings with Fab who is moving jobs shortly to oversee the Brewery that Turinvest are building. Had a look in your Block and although there is still a long way to go the majority of the workforce seems to be now concentrated in this Block. There is still the large hole in the back of the building where they bring in the plant etc and the whole area inside is a mess but lots of activity going on. About half of the windows are in. Things were such that i did not venture in for long.This Block is suffering from damp as is all the others, i will touch on this subject in the Block C thread.

maclaughin

quote:

Originally posted by one john

Just got back from a week visiting Djadsal and a couple of meetings with Fab who is moving jobs shortly to oversee the Brewery that Turinvest are building. Had a look in your Block and although there is still a long way to go the majority of the workforce seems to be now concentrated in this Block. There is still the large hole in the back of the building where they bring in the plant etc and the whole area inside is a mess but lots of activity going on. About half of the windows are in. Things were such that i did not venture in for long.This Block is suffering from damp as is all the others, i will touch on this subject in the Block C thread.

Hi Two John,

I hope you had a great time in Sal. Did you use your apt. during your stay ?(Assuming is either in Block A.B, or C). What’s your overall impression about this project? How do you caracterize Turinvest statement that Block C is ready to be delivered and they are just waiting on the furniture to arrive? Is there some more work to be done in Block C?

What’s your impression about the conversation you had with the Fab…ulous man?

Any recent pictures you can share?

Did you have a chance to watch the dancers in Morabeza? I hope you didn’t come back more stressed out than before the trip… [:)]

Thx.

Mac

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 452 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.