block c

This topic contains 611 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by  t12gab 8 years, 10 months ago.

please inform

Viewing 15 replies - 556 through 570 (of 611 total)
  • Replies
    one john

Thats good news, will save on the Taxi fare from the present airport.

one john

Just had a week in our block and we still have a few workers in there. The guy that looks after the gardens is excelling himself and the place is a credit to him. Pool was cleaned out on Tuesday and yesterday morning as we left a Turinvest management team were poring over it.More people moving in every time i go. Met Chris and his wife for the first time . He is an experienced builder and i wish he had been given the job to build Djadsal as things would have been sorted long ago.Already planning next visit.

larabee

Hi One john,

Thanks for the update.
    I had my apartment inspected again today nearly 18 months after it was originally snagged.
    I was happy enough with the report I received the apartment has been dry lined which has dealt with the dampness for the moment.
    I think my apartment is quite close to yours mine is G01, do you have any problems with dampness in your apartment.
    The only issue with the snag report was that a lot of the accessories are missing.
    From what I hear from Turinvest they don’t have the money to purchase these items at the moment. Did you get all your accessories with your apartment.
    Did I read somewhere on the forum that you would not sign some of the documentation from turinvest stating your apartment was of a satisfactory standards or did I imagine it as when I went looking for the post this evening I couldn’t find it.
    You seem to get a lot of use out of your apartment my children are young and it is difficult for me to travel at the moment.
    When we bought the apartment we didnt have any children and we didnt think we would have to wait 7 years for it to be completed.
    Hopefully we will get to meet you out there at some stage.
    Is the Hilton Hotel going ahead across the road from Djadsal?

Regards,

one john

Hello again Larabee. Yes i am 2 doors away from you. Yes i have seen the job done on your walls and was very impressed. Of course as you say it will not last for ever but i think it will last longer than the cheap jobs done more recently. I will not sign off my apartment officially as damp was in my snagging list All ground floor apartments in all blocks are damp but to varying degrees, it really is pot luck.It says something for the timescale we have all had to endure when you have started a family during it. All problems at Djadsal are cureable with money and expertise unfortunately we have neither ! Word is the Hilton will start when the road is finished but not seen anything it writing. Plenty of people seem to be short of certain items although when i asked Oliver i was assured furniture packs are still available, the best thing is to ask Rui the Foreman when you get out there as he seems to be able to sort most things.Got to go to work now, keep in touch and get out there as soon as possible , i am planning my next visit already.

ltrich77

Hi all.

I have been a member here for a while but never really got into posting much, just been taking a look at the forum every now and then just to scare myself some more! But having read the last couple of posts from onejohn and larabee have been nicely reassured by the positive tone, so thanks for that!

Anyway thought i would say hello as we finally got our place sorted and i am heading out for a week with the family arriving on 14th of Feb. We are in apartment D1/1 – first floor, on the left as you look at the plan map. So if anyone is about that week it would be good to say hello. I am sure it will be easy to work out who we are if you remember my 6 yr old’s name Max – (i will most probably be shouting things like “Max this way”, “Max stop climbing on that”, etc).

For anyone who is still desperately awaiting news or updates let me know – I am more than happy to try and have a nose around and grab some snaps of relevant parts if it will help in anyway.

Regards Richard

chez

richard

i hope you mean C1/1 and not D1/1
    any info on block D would be most welcome

chez

ltrich77

Hi chez

Sorry perhaps that wasn’t terribly clear. Mine is apartment number D1/1 in block C.

Will certainly be taking a look around the whole place so will make sure i take note of progress on block D.

Richard

chez

richard

ok cheers

chez

one john

Hello Richard, nice to meet another Block C owner. There has been in the past a certain amount of doom and gloom on this forum but i am sure once you get settled in you will be happy, i am. Ok i have a few outstanding problems as i am ground floor but i cant wait to get out there again at the end of this month or early March. Got to pay my first council tax over there which has worked out at about 700 euro as i played safe and declared the full amount that the apartment cost me. Dont forget some coathangers. You will probably meet Chris and Cath who are out there for a while. They are on the other side of the block about halfway down on the same floor.Afraid pool is still not fixed but you can use the one in B if you want.There are lots of different nationalites in the block but everyone gets on well and i hope when the place is full we will have a good community.Where are you based at home ?

ltrich77

Hi one john, pleased to hear your happy with the apartment. I have to admit i am slightly nervous heading out there to the apartment for the first time but very excited too. Council tax is a bit of a sting, had heard it was going up but was awaiting discussions with the agent for details on all those painful costs.

Shame the pool is not done but think i read they had been working on it recently so that is a good start – hopefully it will be done soon.

Thanks for the heads up on hangars, certainly wouldn’t have thought of that. Will look out for chris and cath to say hello.

I based is Chelmsford in Essex – no jokes please! 🙂 Although flying from Birmingham to save myself £500! How about you?

One quick question for anyone who might know – any idea if any of the taxis at the airport have kids booster seats available?

Rich

chez

rich

i dont think they will have booster seats ?
    is it your first time in cape verde ?

chez

ltrich77

Hi chez,

Thought that might be a bit optimistic!

Its our second time, the first was back in 2006 when block c was mere foundations!

Absolutely loved it then, i am sure it will have changed a fair bit but hope a lot of the charm has been retained.

Rich

chez

rich

alot has changed over there except block d and e lol

chez

one john

Thanks for you reply Rich. The first time we stopped in our apartment we were the only ones in the block. A bit spooky at first. We unlocked and walked in then started to unpack. Opened wardrobes and lo, no coathangers! We are from Greater Manchester, the poor side not the Cheshire side.That is some saving just by switching airports. Have a good time and tell Vikki and everyone in Baileys we are missing them. John and Sheila.

ltrich77

You must have been one of the first to complete in our block then! Yep, will definitely be poping in to Baileys. Will say hello from you.

Viewing 15 replies - 556 through 570 (of 611 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.