block c

This topic contains 53 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  bimota 8 years, 11 months ago.

without these braceings it would cause movement hence the cracks

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Replies
    bimota

with the latest e mail from scambala in the c block build ,they seem to have made a point of showing the diaganal cross braceing i dont recall seeing these on the early photo’s of blocks a,b,c etc , anybody got any old pics

ulluvator

Bimota as in my earlier post they will crack regardless,hence an expansion joint is needed,which has now been added to the blocks.
    Even concrete needs an expansion joint which astocks engineer friend doesnt seem to know about,i would hate for him to be building anything for me.

sean quinn

I have no building experience but if it’s that obvious why were they not in place in the first place and why did it take for huge cracks to appear for Sambala to notice

astocks60

Hi Ulluvator,
    The answer is quite simple. If Sambala have nothing to fear and everything is built to specification then let’s have an independant survey? Why has this request been refused? This would the end all the speculation?
    Ulluvator ask why now have the following been refused?
    1) Escrow account? Most other builders use an Escrow account? Sambala refuse?
    2) Independant audit? Yet again refused? Why wasn’t the village finished years ago if money wasn’t a problem?
    3) Build quality. Independant audit. Yet again refused?

It appears that the VDS investors want answers and aren’t as stupid as most of the Village idiots that believe every word that Sambala say?

Tony

jason

Why don’t Sambala just give the build specs out ? That would stop all this about who is right and who is wrong.

Going by all the ill regularities over the years buyers have a lot to lose this time round, just as in the past.

Above all else, Do Sambala look like they have changed their approach to running the development this far along, or just the same old clowns stumbling along with the buyers footing the bill of their mistakes ?

sean quinn

Same old same old – nothing has changed at all

Investors are customers, somthing they have never grasped – without them there is no Sambala – yet they still think they can do what they want at their pace and without a care for anyone else.

Why?

Because they draw the nice salaries anyway, and there is no accountability built into the project anywhere.

Haveing the specs is a legal right not a request, yet both Sambala and Bowdens refuse to show them – why? If there is nothing to hide put your customers minds at rest!!

astocks60

Hi Sean,
    A good post. I agree it’s us the investors that always end up paying for Sambala’s mistakes. Sean,you are having the same problem that I’m having trying to get hold of the building specifications? To date I’ve sent several emails to Sambala and Dominic the clown without any reply? I expect soon, that one of the Sambala defenders will post. Telling me to phone Sambala and speaking with them? I’ve tried this. I’ve even had a face to face meeting with the clown. Which was a waste of time.
    Sambala why do you think that investors aren’t paying up? It’s because this is the only action that investors can take when dealing with a company that’s so bad?

Tony

ulluvator

Yes sean they should have been found out maybe not by sambala as they are not builders but by the last building contractors,im personaly glad we have who we have now as they seem to be the business,and also what the hell was all the posts about,i was only talking about the cracks???.

sean quinn

Lost me, my posts are not just addressing you but points raised by Jason and others!

Not Sambala’s fault – lol

Yes they are not the builders but are surely responsible for the plans, then also identifying with the builders any issues, and then they had their guy inspect and clear all the work – yet it’s all down to SGL – lol

Project Management – is whats needed not constant fall guys

jason

Iain also states that ‘meeting with architect to sign off work’ Is there a problem with the design, or not ?

Who are Sambala too ? They are not responsible for the design, nor the work; and if problems do happen, you have to take it up with the builders ?

I thought if you buy form Sambala they would be your main point of contact for any issue you may have ?

I do realise that this type of build was a new un proven type, they surely must show the build speifications as I fear too many in the village now are beginning to doubt the build quality here.

ulluvator

Didnt someone say on here in an earlier post that this design of build was used in japan and was proved quite successful.

sean quinn

Who knows but it clearly isn’t

One day you guys spout

1. The fault is obvious to anyone in the trade – yet why wasnt it seen
    2. The next it’s a simple fix – yet ot does not seem to happen
    3. The next the design is sucessful – which it in this case seems not to be.

Even if it is repared with the histpry of subsidence, it will be unisurable and umortgageable – making it unihabitable for tourists and unsaleable

So much for the investment case – what was teh Sambal projections – 200% over 5 years, i thought that was profit they must have meant loss

astocks60

Hi Sean,
    I agree. But you are wasting your time, Ulluvator is brother chip to Sherpy. In fact I believe Ulluvator has already completed? I think I’m one of the few village investors that sides with the VDS investors. In my mind the VDS investors are the ones that have common sense and want answers to their questions regarding the build quality and the build specifications. The village investors prefer to believe every word Sambala tell them?

Tony

sherpy

Tony.
    Please dont write such utter garbage!…. and you wonder why there is continued division on here.
    Its in everyones interest to see the 3 current phases completed.
    So for the record, I want all townhouses and villas to complete asap and I am not anti VVS or VDS

astocks60

Hi Sherpy,
    You don’t fool me. The only interest you have is getting your apartment regardless?

Tony

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.