Apartment – Residenza Beach Apartments

Forums Cape Verde – Holiday & Travel Forum Apartment – Residenza Beach Apartments

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  willimoj 14 years, 9 months ago.

We stayed there on the top floor [ 2 bed] on our first trip to Sal. It is a pleasant apt in a good location. Not actually beachfront but across the road from the beach. It is 3 mins walk into town, and very near the Odjo D’Agua hotel and town beach. Pria Antonia Sousa [ windsurfing/ kitesurfing ] is 2 mins in the other direction.
    Would suggest you avoid the market down the road — very pushy African guys selling wooden carvings.
    The apt we were in was clean with nice furnishings , big roof terrace but no patio furniture. . We would stay there again . Is there anything else you want to know?
    Enjoy your trip

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
    mikee

I agree with a lot you say Zuirech, but I think money can be made on the right investment, but the current high prices of new developments will be hard to sustain for sure. Sal certainly has the weather (and beaches) going for it but very little else, who knows in 10 years time what it will be like – time can only tell.

That was probably Porto Antigo 2 being built next to the L’Odjo hotel I’m glad you and your daughters enjoyed the holiday though – encounter any of the Senegalese street traders did you ?

andyw

Zuirech,what did you do about visa’s,get them before you flew out of at the airport ?.

mitch

Does anyone have the phone number or email address of Residenza Beach apartments please.

Thank you

zuirech

The Residenza is only a handful of apartments – so it doesn’t have a direct booking site, nor is there a concierge service on site.
    Therefore, you need to book through an agent. I booked through hotelrentalgroup.com but there are others. I suggest you google and take your pick. They all use the same little agency in Santa Maria to arrange keys/pick ups. (There is an English woman, Kim, who will sort it out for you.) The benefit of using hotelrentalgroup is that they include your transfers in the price (only 8 euros for 4 people, but others charge extra. We travelled as a party of 4 for no charge; a single guy living below us, with wind kite was charged 32 euros.) I guess, if you went direct to the local agency, then you might save a few euros but I can’t remember what they are called.

zuirech

quote:

Zuirech,what did you do about visa’s,get them before you flew out of at the airport ?.

Got them at the airport. It’s cheaper. Some of the people who got them in the UK at twice the price and who were standing in the queue were told to get them again and therefore had to pay twice. They were told to reclaim the cost back in the UK. Not likely that anyone will bother. It all seems a bit disorganised (a scam if I were cynical – but why not, they need the money). Save your money and pay 25 euros at the airport.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.