Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 20.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:46 pm 

Hi All,

Like many of you I was very angry when I received the email demanding money for 2009 and 2010, during which we couldnt use the product we had purchased.

After continually pushing them for what these charges will be, including when on site last week!, its very disapointing that they are trying to charge those who have actually been supportive and have help them through their financial problems by completing and settling furniture bills early (despite some of it i.e. patio furniture still not being in place 18 months after payment!).

However, on reflection, anger isnt very constructive - has anyone looked at the legal situation and the effect of non payment or delayed payment whilst we approach Tecnicil's morality. At first glance they appear to be in breach of the ruling of informing clients within 28 days of the meeting taking place with the actions/outcomes.

The product is finally good, however I am, like most posters, very disappointed with this money grabbing approach rather than building a strong relationship and a long term partnership which would result in a great business for Tecnicil. When on site - small things like using Tecnicils transfer service was a rip off €25 and it was just a normal taxi which would cost €10 and basic shopping prior to our arrival was unreceipted and cost €70 when we would have expected €35-40 + 20% delivery.

GP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 pm 

Gp
Make sure you let your voice be heard and join the vv group.
I am still gobsmacked at tecnicils lack of consimmer focus!

My apologies to buyers from Ireland when I quote Oliver Cromwell.
It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:19 pm 

Bloody Hell Peter thats a bit deep!

I'll knock up a "gallows" in me shed tomorrow, I think I've got a spare bit of timber lying around.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:39 pm 

Be sure it is a good piece of timber, for there are a few to use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:32 pm 

Cracked up here!!!!!!!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 am 

Hi All

Just been away for weekend and got back, so been catching up on all of this.

Ontoyou, if you read the first post on this thread (my rather long one), you will note that I did say Tecnicil should be given a chance. I also said that Tecnicil need to know that as a group of buyers we are organised and strong enough, to vote against them if we feel that is the right thing to do. Calling meetings with 10 days notice, when Tecnicil hold 40% of the votes is going to enable them to push through anything they want. Unless many of the other 60% (genuine buyers) group together, Tecnicil will always know they have the power to do as they wish. Tecnicil knowing that we are organised enough to vote against them, I hope, would be enough to keep them in check and keep them honest. If that isn't enough for them and they continue the way they have, it is important for us all that we can look at better, more honest management options, to protect our holiday homes/investments in the future.

I'd add Ontoyou, you may or may not know (but I think you do):-

1. Tecnicil have failed to recognise the money back option in the contract.

2. Tecnicil are trying to pay buyers less than contracted compensation, they've even got away with it with some (but not me!).

3. Some buyers who completed in 2009, have still not been able to use their apartments.

4. Buyers who paid for their furniture as long as 2 years ago, have still got incomplete furniture packs.

5. Buyers who have been due rental payments from Tecnicil over the past couple of years, are still waiting for such payments.

6. Tecnicil are supposed to pay the utility bills for those in the rental pool, they haven't, and now some buyers have been threatened with the utilities being cut off.

7. Tecnicil have now sent out bills for condominium charges, to some buyers, who have incomplete furniture packs, no usage in 2 years, received no rental payments that are due, and of course been threatened with water and electric being cut off as Tecnicil haven't paid their bills! These bills went out with no apology for any of the issues outstanding, or possible solutions.

My history is not as good as Peter's, I know I should have listened more at school, but Tecnicil's history so far is very poor. The only positive thing you draw on, and here I agree with you, is Tecnicil have managed to deliver a well finished resort. As Peter has said, that is what they were contracted and paid (by us) to do. Have they done it well, or been great managers? Well, they designed a contract which stated if they were late on delivery, giving themselves 2 years to build a resort the size of a town, in a location that was a logistical nightmare, that they would give buyers money back...foolish! They then ran over the contracted completion date, and knowing apartments had dropped in value due to the global financial crisis, and knowing they had the money back clause in the contract, they decided not to communicate with clients to try to keep buyers onside....foolish! Since then, they have bumbled along with construction, made promises to buyers to pay them their money back, but not kept such promises, and constantly tried to delay lawyers taking them to court for arbitration, as they know that when losing those cases, they don't have the money to pay buyers back. The buyers who have stuck by them, who have continued to pay everything when asked and so stuck by their side of the contract, they have on general treated them with contempt and continue to do so....foolish!

Tecnicil (I hope) got accountants to work out all of the figures on delivering this resort. They had lots of buyers' money up front and stage payments along the way also. It is said they have also had government backing, they have raised further monies from the bank, issued bonds to raise further funds, and the bank have, I am led to believe, taken security in holding charges over any unsold units. Does that show a company that displays good management?

Tecnicil's current management team at the resort, have taken clients to wrong apartments, not had reservations for clients arriving yet clients have confirming emails, have failed to carry out cleaning instructions, and also clients have arrived to dirty apartments.

Tecnicil continue to try to extract as much money out of buyers as quickly as possible, often quoting the very contracts, that they choose to ignore on other issues.

My original post was to make buyers aware of the current facts, I would challenge anyone to dispute them. It was also posted, in order to make all buyers, at whatever stage they are at, of the current problems being experienced by others, in order that they can procede with caution, and look after their own interests. Ontoyou, in the past you have accused me of somehow getting a 'buzz' out of helping others, I make no secret of the fact, that I do this, as I don't want to see buyers making mistakes, leaving themselves open to the problems that have affected others. Does that give me a 'buzz', or make me feel good? Well, yes, if it helps someone else out, it does, because, of course I have to look after my own situation too, but if I can help others, and stop them making mistakes, that is a good thing.

I am, at present, trying to get Tecnicil to recognise how badly they are treating many buyers. I am also trying to get them to deal with buyers in line with the contract and fairly, anyone can see that what Tecnicil is doing is wrong.

You are fully entitled to your opinion, you have always seen things in a positive light and that is your right. You claimed to be on here, at times, to counter certain posters very negative views. You also stated in the past, that you were only here to protect your own investment. The very people that you disagree with on this thread, are genuine, and as you can read, educated buyers. They, like you, want the best from their holiday homes/investments, they are not out to destroy Vila Verde, neither am I, you know I am an owner. I am of the opinion that Tecnicil will wish to continue with the management of Vila Verde for financial reasons. I am of the opinion that buyers have a different interest, that being getting the best value for money for their condominium fees, and a well run resort.

Nobody is disputing that Vila Verde is looking fantastic, Tecnicil have given us that, but due to poor management, I believe have left themselves very exposed financially. Because, at present, they can continue to vote themselves in, to continue to manage the resort, and therefore benefit financially as much as they wish, should we just put up with that? I say, we should keep them there if they get their act together and start acting with integrity. What I, and a number of other buyers will not do, is see ourselves out of pocket, in order to balance Tecnicil's book and thus save them as a company. We want a well run resort, if Tecnicil give us that at a reasonable cost, then why vote them out? What is important, is if they don't (and they haven't made a great start), we have the power to protect ourselves. You have a vote at your community meeting, as we all do, I think you can rest assured that the rest of us will vote as we see fit. Our votes will be based on what is best for us and not Tecnicil, if that means voting Tecnicil out, it will only be done having first ensured that other options are available. Should that happen, the incoming management team will know what we are capable of, and whilst they are enjoying their lucrative new contract, will be aware of the consequences of losing it, and hopefully act accordingly.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 am 

Andy

Well said, keep up the good work, we are 100% with you on this.

Regards
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:49 am 

Hi Andy and Everyone,
I would just like to thank you guys for taking the time to try and get things sorted out for all VV owners. Some of us don't have the negotiating skills that are neccessary for this, so it is very much appreciated to know that there are fellow owners out there to give us a helping hand. I don't know what we would do without your help and advice. One of the things we all can do is, become part of the "owners group" and give you our support.

Wilma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:02 pm 

Keekpriz

I have received your email, but my reply will not send back to the email address given via this site.

Cheers

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm 

Hi Steve & Wilma

Thanks for your support, much appreciated.

The others are still working on the owners site, to keep things a little more private. I expect that the numbers getting involved on that site, will be enough to make a difference.

Cheers

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:12 pm 

Hi all

Hi H/w

A fully and clearly explained post again mate.

You have my full support and respect for all that you have done and are continuing to do here.

Tecnicil need to take a look at recent events around the world where people eventually come together and revolt in the face of bullying and descriminatory tactics against what is considered to be the isolated weak and vulnerable.

As you suggest i do hope that the recent united and growing opposition to some of their actions will stimulate them to realise that they are aiming a gun at their own feet for the future if there is no shift in their position on certain issues.

Keep up the good work

Regards
Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 pm 

Well said Andy ,, Tecnicil were given the benefit of the doubt ,and they are screwing it up more and more .
good to see yous are getting together,and making a stand,just like mri.sg and not letting them treat yous like mugs anymore, keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 pm 

I fully support Andy's posts above (High Wire).

My personal circumstances are as follows:

In July 2009 I completed on a 2 bed apartment & paid in full for furniture. I am one of the buyers who has yet to have all the Tecncil furniture installed and am in the rental pool. It's now Feb 2011 and I am still not able to use my apartment. I have also been notified by my solicitor that utility bills are unpaid (tecnicils responsibilty as in rental pool). Furthermore, I have now received an email from Tecnicil stating that I owe almost 2800euros in backdated fees for my 2 bed apartment in Aloe community. Yes that's not a typo - 2800 euros (so much for the Tecnicil conservative estimated condo fee figure in 2006 of 50 to 80 euros per month - pity I never got it in writing!

Based on the figures provided, my 2010 monthly condo fees alone are around 210 euros per month and that is without the resort being fully opreational. I have expressed my concern on a number of points throughout my post completion dealings with Tecnicil. Unfortunately, Tecnicil have not given me any positive news. I will give Andy all my support and very much appreciate his efforts.

I am still hoping that Tecnicil will see how bad they are behaving but I for one have significant doubts regarding Tecnicils ability to manage Vila Verde going forward. If I get any positive news I will post too.
[V]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 am 

Spud,
If you get you email address to me I will send you the Tecnicil estimate, as I do have it in writing.
Highwire has my address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:20 am 

Cheers Peter - I think I have your email already - have sent you a mail.