Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 16.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: still waiting
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:11 pm 

We are still waiting for the snagging on our phase 1 villa to be done. Villa built by 2008 and still not completed. Its been so frustrating to see on here that so many people are in their apartments already when we have given Tecnicil so much money with no sign still of ny completion. All I read about on here is about completion of apartments. Have almost given up. Have visited sal so many times to check on progress and still no sign of completion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 pm 

3 people read this in a minute!!!!! What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 pm 

9!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 am 

Liz,

Have you appointed someone to do your snagging yet? I'm in Eucalyptus and have done the first snagging. Apparently just waiting on shipment of replacement glass for the villa so we can go to completion. I too am annoyed at the delay but at least Tecnicil say they are honouring the compensation agreement. Looking at the latest pics it'll be well worth the wait. The resorts looks to be far exceeding my expectations.

I've also reserved on Sambala which has turned out to be a complete and utter shambles in comparison and wish I'd never heard of them. Think yourself comparatively lucky if Vila Verde is your only investment.

George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 pm 

Lizh,

The Villas and I am sure the Tonwhouses too on VV have been very frustrating as progress on them seems to have been at the back of a very long queue. Even more strange considering how much some people have paid up front for these and the amount of compensation it will eventually cost Tecnicil on completion of them.

I am in a Phase 1 Villa as well. I had my initial snagging done in May 2010 with only some very minor defects. Despite me pushing numerous times over the following months I eventually got a date through in early Jan 2011 for the second snagging inspection to be done. All of the defects had been remedied and we went to Notification of Deeds a few days later. I am now awaiting a date from my Lawyers/the Notary for signing the Deeds.

It seems to be a bit hit and miss but hopefully consolation to you that the Villas are now moving. I know of one other person who already completed on their Deeds to his Phase 1 Villa last year and stopped there as well so hang on in there.