Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 16.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Direct Debits
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:27 am 

Can anyone tell me if your lawer can set up Direct Debits on your behalf for your Water and Electric, once you have them in your apartment ( provided you have already opened a bank a/c ) or do you have to go to Electra yourself to do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:34 pm 

Hi, im in Vila Verde for the first time since our purchase at the moment, and have to say we are really happy with in. I used our solicitors to open a bank account and the water/electricity (for which they charged a large amount). However I did the dd myself and it was very easy. Electra have an office in Santa Maria, they give you a completed form which you take to the bank to be stamped, I then returned the bottom copy to electra and all done. I did this at 8.30 am and was done by 9 as no queues. I have heard some stories that if you don't pay within 3 month you are cut off and have a lot of hassle to reconnect so dd must be the best option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 pm 

Hi GP,
Hope you are enjoying yourself. Thanks for the info. Can I ask what bank you opened your a/c with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 am 

Hi, banco interatlantico which is on the main street, although I think you can do dd's from bca as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:17 pm 

Thanks GP. I take it you have gone to deeds!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 pm 

Hiya,just got back from Vila Verde 2 days ago.My utilities were connected by snagging overseas but were in Tecnicil's name.To change them to my name I had to first go to Electra and pick up a form for tecnicil to sign agreeing 2 the name change (Maria said they dont speak english at Electra but ignore her,they speak it well enough)
Then I had to go to BCA bank and open up an account for the direct debit.Then back to Electra with the completed name change form where I was given a dd form to take to BCA.The bank filled this out then I returned it to Electra. All done
Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:39 pm 

Hi, yes completed quite a while ago on sedum 2 bed. I'll be posting some pictures soon of the whole complex a it's all looking really good. Even has 2 really good tennis courts that went up whilst we were there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:57 pm 

We are also just back from Vila Verde, it really is looking fantastic. We tried to get most things sorted, but the week really isn't enough for everything. We opened bank account and got Electra Form filled out as well.
We had been told by solicitor that all we had to do was fill in Form and drop it in to bank and that they would send Form to Electra as agreement was between the two of them. We got copy of Form back from bank and assumed it was our copy. They said nothing about dropping it to Electra. Can anyone confirm if they had done the same.
We spent a week on Vila Verde and were really happy with the development and the selection of restaurants in Santa Maria. We were also quite surprised with the amount of tourists visiting the island, some difference from when we were last there over 18 months ago.
Looking forward to going back around June/July and hoping to be in our own apartment by then.