Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 16.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm 

Andy,

We are ok with the missing wall, but not with the compensation currently offered,we are going to insist on payment in line with the contract.[:(!]

carol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm 

Hi Andy & Carol
Thanks Andy for your advice , I've already quoted parts of the contract to Tecnicil which i think they have either broken or just plain ignored and i will keep banging away until we get what is due.It is clause 13 which states that they cannot change the contract without notifiaction and agreement by both parties.Tecnicil quote clause 2 paragraph 2 parts a to d as their entitlement to just not bother building the wall but i cannot see how abc or d apply.
Carol did you purchase a second floor T1 apartment because these should all have had the wall included.We notified Tecnicil that it was missing after we received photos from the snaggers in May and requested it to be built at that point.We then started getting phone calls a couple of months before Xmas asking "how our process was going" ie when were we going to complete ? Our reply each time was how are your builders getting on with our wall? We were then told that if we wanted the wall it would cost an extra 500 euro to which a very short reply was given and then about an hour later another call to say it was a mistake and if we didn't have the wall they would knock 500 off !! We reiterated our request for the wall to be built and this was completed some time before January 18th this year.
steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 pm 

<font color="navy">Hi there High-wire,

Your postings on the compensation calculations was very enlightening, we have been in negotiations for months with Tecnicil & finally agreed to merge two apartments into one & take compensation which was agreed on the total amount of money paid this was agreed with Iain Tozer & Nuno Martins via email. However at the eleventh hour Tecnicil appear to have reneged on this deal & have significantly reduced their offer saying that they will now only pay compensation on the money paid on the basis of the one apartment we will complete on & not on the total monies paid even though the contract says compensation is payable on monies paid.

We have also been advised by Tecnicil that we are in breach of contract for not going to deeds despite the fact that we haven’t had the second snag done yet. I would be interested to know how if you have received the compensation you were expecting & if so when... and finally HOW did you manage it & what argument did you use.!!!! Any advice would be appreciated.</font id="navy">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:14 am 

Hi Amanda

Firstly, where 2 apartments are being merged, I can see Tecnicil's point of view when only offering compensation on just the monies paid on one apartment. I realise that this is frustrating where a previous offer has been made, but thinking it through, Tecnicil are trying to help buyers out on the mergers, and doubling up compensation and losing a sale for them is difficult when money is clearly tight.

Tecnicil appear to have sent out breach notifications to nearly everyone who hasn't completed, irrespective of the current state of their unit. This is wrong of Tecnicil, but seems to be in keeping with a number of their recent actions. The important thing here, is for buyers not to get unduly concerned by this, as the contract is quite clear, in that Tecnicil cannot give notification of deeds until your unit is complete and signed off by snaggers.

Tecnicil want people to part with their money asap and accept a lesser amount of compensation. You ask how I handled this situation, quite simply, I merely asked for my purchase and compensation to be dealt with in line with the contract that I entered into. That way, I only completed once my apartment was to my satisfaction and received the correct amount of compensation, I refused to complete on any other terms other than what was written into my contract and so, nothing other than what I was happy with.

Worryingly, I had an email last night from a buyer, who had been advised by NDR to complete as soon as possible, as there was a 5 year guarantee on works on to their unit, and compensation could be sorted out at a later date. I find it difficult to understand how NDR could give such advice, as it goes against the contract, and they are surely aware of some people who completed without deducting compensation initially, and are still waiting for compensation back from Tecnicil, and will probably be doing so for some time.

My advice remains constant to protect the buyer, do it all in line with the contract, keep snagging until you're happy, receive notification of deeds, go to deeds, send final payment less the correct amount of compensation to Tecnicil. There will be a lot less future heartache for buyers that way.

Hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:52 pm 

HI High-Wire
Can you advise me of the compensation I am due, I dont think the value that tec are offering is correct. I on on Lantana and paid 30,000 deposit I am trying to go to Deeds now.
Thanks for your help.

kristie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:55 pm 

sorry just scanned back and read your calculation! So to clarify mine should be 30% of 16583? which is 4974.90? Is that right?

kristie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:16 pm 

Hi Kristie

It's all based on what you've paid so far, if you can't work it out from the calculator, let me know the figures, if not on here, on the owners forum, or by email.

Just had a look at the other thread too re your furniture, my advice still stands, of course Tecnicil want yo to just go to deeds, but that is unfair without assurances on your furniture/rental pool, or without the correct amount of compensation.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:44 pm 

HI I cant get on to the owners forum! Can you email me and I will send my address to you! kbendall@fasitsecurity.com

kristie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 pm 

Hi all
It seems we are all having the same problems. Our townhouse on Yucca was damaged by the flood after the desalanation plant spilled it's contents a few months ago. Up until now the repairs have not been sorted and there are a couple of snagging issues which we are not so concerned with. Last week tecnicil started to chase us over final payment. Trying to get the outstanding issues sorted is like banging your head against the wall. What is making matters worse is that our solicitor NDR seems to be supporting tecnicil and not us. Tecnicil are saying the property is fit for purpose and in their eyes is complete. We are now over half way through the 28 days after notification and tecnicil are saying we are likely to start losing our compensation. At the beginning of the week I was ready to just pay up, but now I am seeing that the more people who dig their heels in and not be bullied in to paying up for incomplete units or reduced compensation should not pay up so eagerly. NDR cannot even give us the final figure for the last installment. The whole thing is one big COCK UP!!
But it is becoming clear that Tecnicil might need our money more than we need our units that are years overdue.
I hope there will be an increase in people who will refuse to be bullied.

Flyboy