Cape Verde Islands

Friday 20.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Re: SAMBALA out of business
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:55 pm 

Hi Julie
I would be very interested in joining any group that is seeking to take action in anyway. It is clearly the only option and I for one am aghast others are still contemplating sticking by the management and their yarns

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:02 pm 

Great.

Not sure where we go from here as I've only just joined the site and I don't know how it works. Can we private message? Guessing we need to swap details.

Julie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:16 pm 

I've not used a sight before but I'll try to message you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:04 am 

put me down to join your group if you will please

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 am 

Hi

No problems

Mighr have difficulty with saying Panther wants to join the group - will need a name.

Send me a private message with the info - I'm happy to swap details with you

Kind regards
Julie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 am 

What now for investors now that they are finished?

When I seen the front pages of a few UK papers today about a conman ripping off people to the tune of £50m I thought it was Domboy but it aint. Just another like minded crook ruining people's lives. His turn is coming.

I already posted on this thread on 5th Feb before the Viceroy sham was announced that Sambala were about to release the mother of all excuses for putting an indefinite halt to construction. I was 100% right! On 28th Mar they wrote to all tellin 'em that the resort will be closed for foreseeable future with an announcement to be made at end of the year. Yet more changes to the bloody masterplan, dilapidation surveys and major upgrades cos Viceroy insisted on 'em. Meanwhile no construction going on. What a load of bull. And that was a few days before the arrest of assets went public.

They simply aint got a pot to piss in and had the cheek to ask owners for yet more dosh. Owners should sue them for yet another year of loss of amenity. Bloody disgrace. Oh, I forgot, the banks will take everything before you get 'em into court.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm 

http://www.linkedin.com/jsearch?keyword ... Criteria=R

If there out of business why are Viceroy advertising these jobs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:55 pm 

We've had a Resort Manager before and what exactly did that achieve? Talk of airlift 5 star blah blah blah. A life guard could be hired but useless without a pool. What exactly has changed to make construction, you know the thing we are 6 years behind with change???? I think my dog could manage VDS in its current state. Finance not expense is what's needed. If in doubt blow more dosh on master plans, it's groundhog day again. They'll be asking for maintenance payments next and so the cycle of despair roles on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 am 

Domboy, U R priceless!! Posting a link to some jobs that UR 'paid' consultant is advertising. What does that prove?

Current situation:

1. More excuses for doing anything but finish properties

2. Going to yet more expense, which U cannot justify or afford, revamping plans and planning new facilities (if any believes it)

3. A freeze of all assets hanging around UR neck like a noose.

4. Another year of interest building on those 3 bank loans and money owed to UR other minority funders.

5. Legal and criminal proceedings coming to a climax later this year.

I could go on. But answer this - over €55million has been taken from investors and banks and you aint even finished 30% of the combined 3 phases. Now you want to upgrade all the plans and build hotels. Who is going to pump in €100m+ to finish it all, especially when UR investors have either walked away or you have cancelled their contracts?

U simply cannot answer that. This long con continues as you repeatedly issue false promises to investors to keep funds dribbling in. Gotta get Mabel into private school, eh? If only you were as good at running a business as U R at lying.

All U can do on this forum is post a link to pie-in-the-sky job adverts. Honestly!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 pm 

Didn't see any matching vacancies on their web site.

http://www.viceroyhotelgroup.com/en/car ... ch_careers

What is going on with these people?

I'm sure glad I have cut my losses and learnt my lesson from this horrendous nightmare.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:39 pm 

thats what sambala are waiting for cut our loss's and and walk away

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:58 pm 

well i have come to realise we are not investors we are VICTIMS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 am 

Oi! Why was my last post removed??

All I wos sayin was that Viceroy was merely a service provider. I'll be polite this time. They werent gonna b puttin money in so Y call em a partner?

Btw I have my own announcement:

"Marky is please to announce a new 12 month partnership with Virgin Media to provide a full range of multimedia ,broadband and internet services to his home. THe contract, depending on success, will extend for a further 5 years on an annual renewal. Marky and Virgin look forward to working together and enhancing the experience of the whole property with this exciting new project" LOL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:44 pm 

Hi, steve Mcgarvie here. I have a property, can't remember the block right now. Please let me know what your solicitor has in mind

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am 

Its all quiet on ere now except I can hear the fat lady singin in the background.

for what its worth, have a look at the following letter that investors are sending to their developer as a legitimate way to cancel their contracts...

http://www.capeverde-investment.com/id9.html

Looks like this may protect you while you get a lawyer to sue. Those investors who are still hangin around in the hope Sambala may some day dig their way out of their massive debts and the arresto should send their version of the letter to Sambala!